It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing people of Yellowstone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Agreed, the government knows something about these disappearances. Why would the FBI show up to randomly investigate missing people in the national park, unless it was some ongoing investigation. There is also the possibility of Bigfoot being inter dimensional, or some other type of underground ancient tribe/beings. I still have not looked up "the stairs in the woods" but I do believe in odd things, and have seen something unbelievable appear before me.

As far as people just getting lost, yes that happens, but I wonder if the people who are saying that even read or watched anything on this particular topic??

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
a reply to: Imagewerx

Yes, and two things come to mind on that. Children wander, and do not stay in one spot so they can be found. And also, in yellowstone for example, it can be a blizzard in July in one spot, and sunny and warm in another, changing on a moments notice.

Well,I was in Yosemite this summer and passed many Huckleberry bushes,saw children with dogs near marshes but no sudden bad weather and still made it out alive.I plan to visit Yellowstone next year (if it hasn't blown yet) and won't be asking any bison to take my photo while standing on the very edge of a precipitous drop.

Edit.....a quick Google for stairways in the forest brings this up quite a few times........

edit on 10-11-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku
Those are weird stories, especially the one who climbed that tree and never came down, yikes ..

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Many in the south call Bigfoot by the name Booger or Wood Booger. It's not hard to see where the idea for the Boogeyman came from.

I'm from the south and never heard Bigfoot associated with Booger, Wood Booger or Boogeyman..... I always thought boogeyman as something in your closet or under the bed.... also some local Indians here refer white people as the Boogeyman.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Is there any truth to the "Stairs in the woods" ?

Interesting how the search and rescue guy was making those stairs out to be
almost supernatural in occurrence and something to STFU about only for several other posters to say they had encountered them with no problems at all and they are a common find all over the US !
Another shortcoming of the weirder cases here - the found kids who wouldn't say anything when found, that's common with kids who have had things happen to them but they do eventually open up and perhaps many of these did too, but did Paulides follow up on these kids? Doubt it.
This story needs another look: the very old and very young are the most vulnerable to anything, people who venture into the wilderness without guns get murdered or eaten, you can get murdered for your footwear in any city by teenagers so why not in the woods by fugitives from justice? Bodies might not be found but neither are bodies of deer, goats, bigfoots or chupacabras. If you were going to fake your own disappearance or murder your friend or relative where better to do it than the middle of nowhere?
There may well be a small core of genuinely weird inexplicable cases here but considering that hundreds of millions of people have visited these locations over the past 200 years, many of them ill-equipped and clueless, is there really so much of a phenomenon to get worried about? Hate to say this but nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
Will have a good read of this later.
I am drawn to these 411 accounts ( David Paulides, have read a few of his books ) , don't know why. I guess I just get hooked by the mystery of it all.
From what I have read and listened to so far, there does appear to be certain "hot spots " for disappearances.

Interesting topic S/F

I've been wanting to read his books for a long time but haven't been able to find them at an affordable price. Can you recommend a source?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
here's some interesting stories from a SAR guy on reddit from a few month's back...
www.reddit.com...

thanks for that , I read all of his six posts

the stairs, are very creepy and weird

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

here's some interesting stories from a SAR guy on reddit from a few month's back...
www.reddit.com...

What a great link. I have wasted hours today reading this guys stuff which lead on other sites Have loads of reading material now to last a few weeks

Thanks for the link Rikku

Great OP, one of the best threads i've read in a long time

which ones ?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TestudoAubreii

originally posted by: cosmickat
Will have a good read of this later.
I am drawn to these 411 accounts ( David Paulides, have read a few of his books ) , don't know why. I guess I just get hooked by the mystery of it all.
From what I have read and listened to so far, there does appear to be certain "hot spots " for disappearances.

Interesting topic S/F

I've been wanting to read his books for a long time but haven't been able to find them at an affordable price. Can you recommend a source?

My source....borrowed from a friend. Really a bit of luck, as they are hard to find. But there are some others I read, much more affordable, different author but with similar accounts, Stephen Young. You should try his books if you can't find Paulides. They are a lot shorter to read but not bad.

I have been reading about these cases again, and watching some of D. Paulides interviews and lectures via YT. I know it's all speculation, but I keep coming back to Native American legends whenever I delve into this mystery. Just because I believe that the tribes had a vast knowledge of nature and perhaps a lot of supernatural knowledge also.
Just today I was reading about the legend of "Stick Indians " I had not heard of this particular spooky legend before. But they were some kind of Tribal spirits that would lure people further into deep woods and forests by either whistling or making a sound of children's laughter. Native Americans who believed these spirits to be real, would not allow anyone to whistle around their camps at night. Also they believed that even saying the Native name of these spirits while they entered woods and forests would summon them.

There are so many factors involved in this mystery that it seems like the more you wonder about it it just throws up deeper questions. Like the FOI requests being blocked by the authorities. The FBI involvement. And just the absolute strangeness surrounding the circumstances of the disappearances.

This and the Skinwalker Ranch stories are what keep me awake at night.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

Is this sort of thing happening in any other countries?
If not, then I would be looking at your government.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

It is mostly a Virginia thing, but not entirely confined to VA. Just google Wood Booger .

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
There are some good ideas here; Bigfoot, wealthy psychopaths... A couple cases sound like Bigfoot, like the 3 year old who moved 12 miles through rough woods, over rivers and fences, and was found with long scratches, like he was being carried by something big, whom did not eat him. Or, the kid who was spotted on the rock cliff, near a cave that could only be reached by experts climbers with ropes. The people who spotted the large dark creature darting through the trees, with something slung over its shoulder- an hour after a kid went missing.

The reason for the parks to hide information is maybe the same as the movie "JAWS" not wanting bad press. "Bring your family & your $ to our safe, beautiful parks"

But, one thing is off about the Bigfoot theory. If some of these kids are walking right behind their parents, how does Bigfoot just snatch them
Up without the kid making a peep, and no noise of moving through the trees. People usually report the sound of something huge crunching through the brush when Bigfoot is around.

I've just read reports, so again none of this is first hand, but it would seem that when these Bigfoots make noise it's because they want you to hear them. They appear to be territorial and if you are seeing and hearing one it's because they think it's time for you to leave. These things are reported to have strides of 5 to 6 feet while walking, so now imagine what kind of distance it can cover running, and how quickly it could swipe something up only to be gone before you even turn around.
Sasquatches are many times seen on all fours like a dog or cat. I didn't know this when I first started looking into it because none of the Bigfoot shows seem to talk about that, but there are many written accounts of them running on two legs then dropping to the ground and running on all fours. I guess being low to the ground would take away from us just skimming the landscape and spotting them. When you start reading these accounts you find that eye witnesses didn't even know it was there until it stood up and walked away. Over and over you will find this.
Oh, and they aren't all enormously large, it depends what area you live in, but the extremely large ones seem to be primarily in the Pacific Northwest region of America. They seem smaller as you go south, but their small is still pretty large.
edit on 10-11-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Thanks for the suggestion. I purchased "Unsolved Disappearances in the Great Smoky Mountains" by Juanitta Baldwin a while ago but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Same idea as the other books.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting post.

BUT, I also entirely blame you for starting me on a late into the night internet reading frenzy about missing people through the parks.

Especially that Reddit someone posted written by a search and rescue guy with relevant stories.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

www.reddit.com...

I spent all last evening reading through all five parts of that guy's stories! Based on your recommendation.

And, I was totally spooked by the end.

The STAIRCASES....... haha.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigfoot73

Yeah, bloodhounds that refuse to track is just a common
occurrance. One of the children who was recovered and
actually did remember something. Tells a story of a dog
man eating her hat. Definitely nothing to see here.

I don't think you realise, you're trying to reason this out
in five minutes. When some really intelligent people have spent
months on my thread alone. And we all of us could not ablige
any reasonable explanation. I myself talked to the ventura
sheriffs office Sgt in charge of records. ( Mike Herdman )
Inquired the official autopsy report. Talk to her for a solid
ten minutes. Got no info from her at all except to find out
all the information related to the case is sealed. So predation,
trauma from a fall or blunt force and any information related
is not available to the public record. Over a death that was
ruled accidental? You should think before you say a little more
maybe because I have to tell ya. I resent the hell out of it
when someone who knows nothing at all. Believes they can
wrap it five minutes. Some how I don't feel like the ignorant
one here. Just between you and I.
edit on Rpm111015v46201500000005 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: rigel4

I know right? There's just no way. Someone would have snapped a pic or two or ten by now. Sounds like creepypasta.

Do a google image search on stairs in the woods. There seems to be plenty of pictures of them. Maybe there's something to them, but I don't doubt there's a healthy amount of superstition involved as well.

originally posted by: Brett83

Is this sort of thing happening in any other countries?
If not, then I would be looking at your government.

The US government has sectioned off large areas of our woodlands and more or less forbidden anyone from going there.
edit on 10-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Stairs found in the woods are most likely the remnants of a house that use to stand there. Like the chimney's that are left standing on dilapidated or burned houses.

I'm betting most of these stairs are made from rock and mortar, and can stand the test of time, unlike the log cabin they were probably attached to.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

From your link to the reddit story but further down . This one kind of creeped me out and that does not happen easily . This is not the whole story just the edited good bits . Full story is about half way down on the link .

Throughout the night these sounds come and go. Dad loaded the Remington and I had my little 20 gauge small game ready to go just in case. (My first gun and my first time taking it with us on one of our trips) We eventually fell asleep.
We wake up to nothing too out of the ordinary except a stench of rotting meet, like a dead animal. We figured an animal died and we just could smell it on the wind. We would come across coyote kills sometimes or some other animals so we didn't think anything of it. We go outside to a beautiful sunrise and the sound of flies. Dad just figure we lost the food and the flies are on it now.
Dad walks around back by the food bag and stops abruptly and just says, I still remember it, very slowly a "what....the....fk..." Behind our tent are three deer strung up, skinned and gutted. The deer were hung on three different branches on the same tree our bag was on, which was untouched. Each head was cut off and set on top of the guts. Each head was pointed directly at our tent. No one around. No foot prints, no blood trail, nothing. Just three deer, hanging by vine. Not twine or rope, vines. Dad grabbed the gun and went to try and spot tracks or blood. He is a phenomenal tracker and has been a guide on a few occasions for "experience" hunts in the U.P.. He found nothing. We heard nothing in the night either.
Creepy as #. I was incredibly spooked. Dad was too as we packed up that Saturday and headed back the the truck. No incidents on the way back. Just a normal half day trip back the truck. Drove to DNR station and Reported it.
I just remember the guy looking at me, then my dad, shaking his head slowly and picking up the phone to call whoever and all he said was something like "another skinned animal sighting near the whatever steam.

Hopefully i edited all the f words out .
m.reddit.com...

edit on 10-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I'm sure my reply won't be popular with the paranoid conspiracy crowd but... having lived in Yellowstone and done remote back country hiking a couple of thoughts occur. You get lost and never get found, happens all the time, especially with children. Death by misadventure, you fall of a cliff, drown in a river. Death be predator, there are tons of mountain lions, bears, wolves, coy-dogs. They kill you and drag you off and leave your carcass in odd places so other predators will not steal it from them. Maybe you are found again, or maybe not. There have been over three hundred and some odd deaths in Yellowstone that are recorded. You can add unstable hot springs to the menu and psychopaths that sometimes stalk natural areas for human prey, deep canyons, and vast distances that if you run out of water or never find your way out, get heat stroke in the high elevations, dehydrated, hypodermic shock, confusion, panic, are deadly as well...
edit on 10-11-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join