It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing people of Yellowstone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Seriously, people disappear out there, not because of government coverup, or ufo's. They disappear because they become snacks or just stupid.

Researchers are not including those types of cases. It is the mysterious cases that are in question.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
I would love to have a clue! I really can't speculate, but it does seem like some kind of foul play, maybe something unnatural.
a reply to: EA006

They probably all got grabbed by the military because they were too close to sensitive areas.
The fever sounds like the after effects of having been drugged.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I do understand and I appreciate that. 10 years ago I would be a fool to go off the beaten path. Flash forward, I now have considerable experiences in the wild. And I have seen some very strange things that years ago would have been very unexplainable, that now make more sense with experience.

I am certain you and the op are correct that some of these unexplained mia's occur. And I could not explain them off myself. But I wanted to provide some background from my perspective.
edit on 9-11-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think it's Sasquatch, but when you just out and say that a lot of people will say "Oh, here we go."
I haven't even seen one, but once you go out and look into all the eye witness accounts, and there are hundreds upon hundreds if you care to look, you start to realize that not everyone can be making this up. If just one of these accounts are telling the truth... you have a unknown apex predator living in our wilderness.

When these people go missing usually it's when someone is alone or away from their group. I would say most of the encounters I have read, or heard, are when someone was by themselves. You are vulnerable alone and many animals know this.

What would make a dog not hunt a scent? If the scent is a pheromone released to deter, kind of like a skunk. It's hypothesized the rotten odor a Sasquatch emits is a pheromone to advert anyone approaching. This smell has even been said to make people have nausea so imagine what a dog is picking up.

There are many accounts of seeing a Bigfoot when people are hunting wild mushrooms and even huckleberries.

What could traumatize someone to the point they forget what happened or they just go crazy? Interacting with something you where told didn't exist and realizing that something of that immense size does.
Many in the south call Bigfoot by the name Booger or Wood Booger. It's not hard to see where the idea for the Boogeyman came from. Now that your face to face with one you would probably experience shock, panic, fear, and be frozen in your step, then as a safety mechanism, your brain decides to shutdown and reboot.
Some can handle it while other can't. Besides, who would believe you, so you might decide not to say anything.
edit on 9-11-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ok, so I've watched the first 30 minutes, and have to say I like this guy and believe this guy, as in I don't think he's an ignorant conspiracy theorist or a kook.

I'm going to watch the rest tomorrow, but I already see (what I think) is possibly a clear answer.

Powerful people can quite often be predators, pedophiles, murderers, rapists, torturers etc etc. Sounds like that a lot of them over the years have worked out that the best place for people to go missing, is in huge national parks.

If you're powerful you usually have a LOT of money. If you're powerful with a lot of money and are also a sick and twisted person, you can probably get any human being at any time at your disposal.

If I was investigating these disappearances, I'd find out what fat cats are linked to all the national parks in North America (maybe this is the information they are asking ridiculous money for?) who knows..

Just a thought. And no doubt this train of thought will be dashed by the end of the vid. But so far, this sounds really feasible to me.

I'm intrigued, and look forward to watching the rest.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Some kind of secret testing, thats my opinion.. I wonder what detailed medical examinations would tell..

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

I want to thank the OP for the topic/thread...and you for the link to the Paulides thread. I just finished reading all 30 pages; fascinating and scary doesn't quite to the missing persons from National Parks justice.

A great evening of reading, thanks!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Strangely, a big percentage of these disappearances have clues in common: Huckleberries, dogs, swamps and bad weather.

As I understand it,Huckleberries are VERY abundant in these areas,so could be seen as being in common with where ever you go in any national park in North America.The parks are frequented by families,a large number of whom bring dogs with them that in a lot of cases do stay with the kids more than they do with the adults.There are a LOT of swamps in these regions and the weather can go from calm and sunny to windy and rainy in a short space of time,leading to panic and disorientation for people not used to be outdoors in these conditions.

So I'd have to say that a lot of these can be explained by a simple lack of common sense in most cases.No maps,no GPS,no clothing,unsuitable footwear,and no knowledge on what to do when the unexpected happens.A couple of years ago I walked up and down Snowdon in Wales in the UK,a distance of 10 miles over some pretty rough terrain.I was amazed to see people attempting the same route wearing flip flops,and it appeared they weren't going to give up very easily.I wonder if they ever made it into the statistics for our national parks?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Yes, and two things come to mind on that. Children wander, and do not stay in one spot so they can be found. And also, in yellowstone for example, it can be a blizzard in July in one spot, and sunny and warm in another, changing on a moments notice.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I cant stop reading.
Thanks OP

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Strange Similarities Between Disappearances Most of those who have disappeared are children ages 20 months to 12 years and the elderly ages 74 to 85. Not one person carrying a firearm(and only one carrying a transponder device) has disappeared. Typically, a search is initiated and run for about ten days then dropped.

Interesting that it's mostly males, as also observed by Paulides.

For toddlers and the elderly it might just seem, it's an easy answer, frail and getting lost easy. But in some specific cases, the children for example, were being heavily watched but seemed to vanish right under family member's noses.

Also, the fact that it's experienced people that also go missing.
edit on 10-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Has anyone got info' on random staircases in the woods?
Please

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Id like to hear more about these stairs as well. I have seen stone ones but only a few steps ever like for an entryway.

Those stories from the SAR officer on that thread had my spine chilled last night. Something is out there, and it hunts humans...if even half those stories are true.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

"Mostly these people are listed as "missing presumed dead"
what is the evidence based on for the default to be set as "missing presumed dead" are the statistics high enough for missing people found dead for that label to be applied? shouldn't these areas be closed for public access?
if the numbers are high enough there seems to be grounds to sue on negligence on public safety.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
here's some interesting stories from a SAR guy on reddit from a few month's back...
www.reddit.com...

What a great link. I have wasted hours today reading this guys stuff which lead on to other sites. Have loads of reading material now to last a few weeks

Thanks for the link Rikku

Great OP, one of the best threads i've read in a long time

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There are some good ideas here; Bigfoot, wealthy psychopaths... A couple cases sound like Bigfoot, like the 3 year old who moved 12 miles through rough woods, over rivers and fences, and was found with long scratches, like he was being carried by something big, whom did not eat him. Or, the kid who was spotted on the rock cliff, near a cave that could only be reached by experts climbers with ropes. The people who spotted the large dark creature darting through the trees, with something slung over its shoulder- an hour after a kid went missing.

The reason for the parks to hide information is maybe the same as the movie "JAWS" not wanting bad press. "Bring your family & your $ to our safe, beautiful parks"

But, one thing is off about the Bigfoot theory. If some of these kids are walking right behind their parents, how does Bigfoot just snatch them
Up without the kid making a peep, and no noise of moving through the trees. People usually report the sound of something huge crunching through the brush when Bigfoot is around.
edit on 10-11-2015 by 222mockingbirdlane because: One more thing

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
In a thread a while back (can't find now of course) someone had responded to me about a lost Indian tribe in relation to Bigfoot. This theory never once crossed my mind up until that point. I've only looked into it very briefly but it makes some sense.

Native American can confirm this as Seeahtik Tribe of Indians.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"Many of the areas that people have disappeared from carry such names as Devil’s Gulch, Devil’s Lookout, Twin Devil Lake and Devil’s Punch Bowl., perhaps named to reflect the evil people have sensed in these places over time."

My brother lives in Island park, which is just to the south and west of Yellowstone's West Gate. He is head HVAC guy for the entire park, his baby, the Lodge boiler....... quite literally as old as the lodge. Hay, it's a warm job. So he has run of the entire place, with their vehicles.... There have been something like two or three bear attacks and killings as I recall. When they happen, we might bring it up in conversation, where he goes on to tell me how he has the biggest baddest pistole made..... shoots nuclear bullets that..... something, something.

Never has the subject of oddities came up, and I know he's as hep to discover something as me, so we would have talked about the occurrences if there were any.

I'll have to admit though, there seems to be an article presented sometime in the past along these lines.

The reason I "Quoted" from your article was that in the winter you only get around with snow shoes or snowmobiles. Travel is deliberate and treacherous. 20-25 foot of snow is not uncommon. However the wests drought may be having affect on the Yellowstone snowpack.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The stairway thing is strange but no pictures?? I'm calling BS but things do go bump in the night.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
here's some interesting stories from a SAR guy on reddit from a few month's back...
www.reddit.com...

Holy #...remind me to never go in the woods again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join