It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple argument against abortion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Oh ive read this book! How to make an argument

You ever watched any documentaries on primates that didn't experience their natural society?

No i havent, but im sure you will link it?

And im sure many species have a practicing abortion method??
Since thats your argument ?

Well my quote came from a psychology;

In animals, instincts are inherent tendencies to spontaneously engage in a specific pattern of behavior. Examples of this include a dog shaking after it gets wet, a sea turtle seeking out the ocean after hatching, or a bird migrating prior to the winter season.

"Instinct theory proposes that organisms engage in certain behaviors because they lead to success in terms of natural selection. Instinct theory casts motivation as essentially intrinsic and biologically based. Migration and mating are examples of instinctually motivated behavior in animal."

"To qualify as an instinct, a complex behavior must have a fixed pattern throughout a species and be unlearned. Such behaviors are common in other species. Human behavior, too, exhibits certain unlearned fixed patterns, including infants' innate reflexes for rooting and sucking. Most psychologists, though, view human behavior as directed by both physiological needs and psychological wants."

Reference:

Bernstein, D. A. (2011). Essentials of psychology. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.

Melucci, N. (2010). E-Z Psychology. New York: Barron's Educational Series, Inc.

Myers, D. G. (2011). Exploring psychology, eighth edition. New York: Worth Publishers.

Source: (Melucci, 2010) (Myers, 2011)

If you wonder where the bonded by instincts come from?

Please tell me what you do during a day? Not thoughts, what you actually do, during a whole day..
Aint much is it

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

your mother was incapable of raising you as her offspring, therefore you will be incapable of raising your children as offspring. if you agree to kill another mothers child, you will also kill your child.

if you agree that a woman can kill her child, because it is her choice, then you kill that child. as all human intentions are collective.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Definition of murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

a. The killing of another person without justification or excuse, especially the crime of killing a person with malice aforethought or with recklessness manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.
b. An instance of such killing.

or example

murder n. the killing of a human being by a sane person, with intent, malice aforethought (prior intention to kill the particular victim or anyone who gets in the way) and with no legal excuse or authority. In those clear circumstances, this is first degree murder. By statute, many states consider a killing in which there is torture, movement of the person before the killing (kidnapping) or the death of a police officer or prison guard, or it was as an incident to another crime (as during a hold-up or rape), to be first degree murder, with or without premeditation and with malice presumed. Second degree murder is such a killing without premeditation, as in the heat of passion or in a sudden quarrel or fight. Malice in second degree murder may be implied from a death due to the reckless lack of concern for the life of others (such as firing a gun into a crowd or bashing someone with any deadly weapon). Depending on the circumstances and state laws, murder in the first or second degree may be chargeable to a person who did not actually kill, but was involved in a crime with a partner who actually did the killing or someone died as the result of the crime. Example: In a liquor store stick-up in which the clerk shoots back at the hold-up man and kills a bystander, the armed robber can be convicted of at least second degree murder. A charge of murder requires that the victim must die within a year of the attack. Death of an unborn child who is "quick" (fetus is moving) can be murder, provided there was premeditation, malice and no legal authority. Thus, abortion is not murder under the law. Example: Jack Violent shoots his pregnant girlfriend, killing the fetus. Manslaughter, both voluntary and involuntary, lacks the element of malice aforethought.

I used the dictionary for source
edit on 9-11-2015 by rajas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I want an argument why, not justification of why..

UN law Article 3 " Right to life"

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You responded to it, but you didn't refute it. To refute it you have to rebuttal against one or more of the premises.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

America -- Roe vs Wade.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No. It is only self defense if the mothers life is in imminent danger, irrespective of fetal development. Again, intent isn't a necessary condition for self defense. One can defend oneself against something that doesn't have intent to hurt.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2015 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath

your mother was incapable of raising you as her offspring, therefore you will be incapable of raising your children as offspring. if you agree to kill another mothers child, you will also kill your child.

if you agree that a woman can kill her child, because it is her choice, then you kill that child. as all human intentions are collective.

You feel the need to get personal with YOUR belief?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Cinrad

When that fetus can support itself out of the womb.

For how long?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: rajas

America -- Roe vs Wade.

Ironically, Jane Roe, aka Norma McCorvey, a pro-life activist. Became a Christian, and is now fighting to make abortion illegal. She claimed in a 2005 interview that she was manipulated by the ambitious Sarah Weddington, who just wanted a plaintiff to push the abortion issue. She took advantage of their rights as participants in the original trial, and changed the first verdict changed. Her new view is based on other women, after their abortions. But the judge said that her claim is not received within a reasonable time, and February 22, 2005, Jane Roe appealed to the Supreme Court but was declined.

The argument:

The arguments against Roe was primarily that even fetuses have an inviolable "right to life" (Art. 3 human rights), and that they would be going too far from the text of the Constitution.

The arguments for Roe was mainly to the woman to decide over her own body, and the individual's choice over the collective right.

Thats the argument, one single argument, a woman could decide if she wants to kill or give birth to a child. Nothing else is within the argument, nothing you say is an argument.

Medea a greek play, a tragedy written by Euripides; Killed her two sons, the argument;" i gave them birth and i have the right to take their lives. "

Do i have an opinion of what i think, sure;I think all life is precious, do i think abortion it wrong? Yes.

You have to draw a line what killing is instead of what my right as an individual human is.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

I know the history of Roe vs Wade. I am not interested in her personal drama.

The law stands.

As a woman of near 70 years, I know how it was for women before birth control and legal abortion.

I have no use for the self righteous.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

as you i can only say what i believe to be true. your persistence to cling to beliefs that harm your species is something that is not spontaneous in one generation. i do not blame you for your beliefs, i blame the human species.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

i do not blame you for your beliefs, i blame the human species.

Yeah, well. We're sort of stuck with it, aren't we.
Too bad people have different experiences and opinions about stuff, isn't it?

edit on 11/10/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Most of those against abortion are not "pro-life", but "PRO-BIRTH".. I am pro-choice as I don't think it's any of my business what other women choose to do with or to their body's. And I would NEVER want to live in a country where the government can tell me what I can and can't do with my own body. That is the main argument of all the pro-choice people I know. I have never met a person who was "pro-abortion", just "pro-choice". If you are against abortion, then don't get one, but don't tell me that I have to follow YOUR personal way of believing. That's why the is called the land of the free...
edit on 11/10/2015 by Menrva because: None

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Topic is still: Very simple argument against abortion, all i want to hear is; when i have the chance to make a decision with free will as a human i will choose murder if it collides with my self interest, i dont have to take responsibility for my actions in society since i am an individual..

I just want to hear, i will murder when its convenient for me as an individual without repercussions.

Thats the single line i want to hear, i want to hear people say, i dont understand what a human is about, i dont understand what humanity is about.. But i want to live as a primate in society with anarchy.

Thats my OT

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Very simple argument against abortion,
Yes. A simple minded argument about a complex subject.
The world is not a simple place.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

do humans consider humans to be held to higher standards than the baboon species?

You said abortions only occured with humans and in no other animals. My reponse was to that, and that alone. What you said is not accurate. You were attempting to make a point predicated on abortions only occuring with humans. That’s why I replied.

a murderer does not let his procedure of murder to be observed.

It’s really hard for me to take your posts seriously when you say stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If you don't agree with it then refute a premise/premises.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath

as you i can only say what i believe to be true. your persistence to cling to beliefs that harm your species is something that is not spontaneous in one generation. i do not blame you for your beliefs, i blame the human species.

REAL TRUTH!

Thousands of LIVING CHILDREN are neglected, abused, hungry, unwanted.

Your blame is misplaced.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

I didn't say I don't agree.
I said your argument is simple minded. The world is not a place for simple minded arguments.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join