It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple argument against abortion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

or...it could be like this:
"hey hon, I need some money tomorrow, I need my birth control pills..."

"I told you we have to go easy this week, I bought the boat. We have to make it on only $40 for groceries this week."

" What do you do with all that money I give you anyways."

Well, let's see, you give me $20, five of it goes for snacks and drinks at work, and the rest I add to the $40 and buy food with!"

"Well, you need to quit wasting my money!"

"I work 40 hours / week get a paycheck which I then sign over to you, just how is that $20 YOUR MONEY!! Just never mind! I'll just practice celibacy for awhile1"

Later that night.....

"Good night dear"

"I said good night....you don't get to play till next month when I have my pills"

"Oh, for crying out loud, this is the fifth time you woke me up! It's past midnight and I have to get up 5 o'clock in the morning.. I'm telling you now, if I get pregnant, I'm gonna ignore it, drop it right on the kitchen floor so you better get brushed on on how to deliver a baby!!! Because if you can't afford the 30 dollars for the danged birth control, you most certainly won't be able to afford the danged hospital bill!!!"

it's so easy to sit and judge, and make wild statements about what one would do when faced with a crisis, or how one should behave.
Oh, you'd think that most mothers would be willing to give up their life to give her unborn child a chance at life...
really??? even if that mother is the only thing standing between her living children and an abusive husband? sometimes it takes more courage to stay alive and keep fighting!

if you don't want the baby, you shouldn't be having the sex......really??? seems to me that religious men have worked for centuries trying to convince women they don't have that option and many men still think that their wives don't have that option!

birth control is cheap, effective, and heck, you can go to any number of clinics and get it for free!!! really, since when? even planned parenthood will charge you for it on a sliding scale based on income! and there is no 100% effective method of birth control.

like I said, religious men have worked for centuries trying to convince women that god created men to be in charge and the women really didn't have much say in anything. we are still working our way out of that culture that was created to reinforce that belief system. if they don't like birth control, or abortion, they need to stop griping at the women, since through their own words and actions, they weaken the women of their ability to do much more than just go with the flow that is set by men, and tell the men to keep their danged zippers zipped!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: sociolpath

... sometimes in life you have to face very difficult complex decisions and unless you are that woman or girl you have no right to tell them what to do with their bodies. It is their uterus, their decision what they do with it.

Absolutely!

I'd bet most women who faced making that complex decision have said "I will never have an abortion".

edit on 10-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Im not anti-abortion i want to hear a simple phrase;" I choose to end a human life, i made a decision, to kill a unique creature growing inside my body, i choose this"

I choose to give everything I have to LIVING CHILDREN.

The world does not need more neglected, unwanted, hungry offspring ---- just because it can.

edit on 10-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

You mean apes?

No, try figure that out

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

For the "pit of despair" plot device, see The Princess Bride.

The pit of despair was a name used by American comparative psychologist Harry Harlow for a device he designed, technically called a vertical chamber apparatus, that he used in experiments on rhesus macaque monkeys at the University of Wisconsin–Madison in the 1970s.[1] The aim of the research was to produce an animal model of clinical depression. Researcher Stephen Suomi described the device as "little more than a stainless-steel trough with sides that sloped to a rounded bottom":

A 3/8 in. wire mesh floor 1 in. above the bottom of the chamber allowed waste material to drop through the drain and out of holes drilled in the stainless-steel. The chamber was equipped with a food box and a water-bottle holder, and was covered with a pyramid top [removed in the accompanying photograph], designed to discourage incarcerated subjects from hanging from the upper part of the chamber.[2]

Harlow had already placed newly born monkeys in isolation chambers for up to one year. With the pit of despair, he placed monkeys between three months and three years old in the chamber alone, after they had bonded with their mothers, for up to ten weeks.[3] Within a few days, they had stopped moving about and remained huddled in a corner.

Money doesnt do much if you dont know how to love, if ideals created love.. Well then it wont matter how rich you are, you will make one f***** up living child. Your stereotyping western ideals on a third world, because you dont know what the meaning of love is..

All life is precious

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

For the "pit of despair" plot device, see The Princess Bride.

The pit of despair was a name used by American comparative psychologist Harry Harlow for a device he designed, technically called a vertical chamber apparatus, that he used in experiments on rhesus macaque monkeys at the University of Wisconsin–Madison in the 1970s.[1] The aim of the research was to produce an animal model of clinical depression. Researcher Stephen Suomi described the device as "little more than a stainless-steel trough with sides that sloped to a rounded bottom":

A 3/8 in. wire mesh floor 1 in. above the bottom of the chamber allowed waste material to drop through the drain and out of holes drilled in the stainless-steel. The chamber was equipped with a food box and a water-bottle holder, and was covered with a pyramid top [removed in the accompanying photograph], designed to discourage incarcerated subjects from hanging from the upper part of the chamber.[2]

Harlow had already placed newly born monkeys in isolation chambers for up to one year. With the pit of despair, he placed monkeys between three months and three years old in the chamber alone, after they had bonded with their mothers, for up to ten weeks.[3] Within a few days, they had stopped moving about and remained huddled in a corner.

Your stereotyping western ideals on a third world, because you dont know what the meaning of love is..

All life is precious

Its "You're" & "don't" - - BTW

LIfe? As in LIVING CHILDREN? You know, the kind you have to feed, nurture, keep warm, educate, etc.

Love? Oh please, explain to me what love is.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

English not first language, how do you want me to explain what love is, when you made it out of ideals and virtues?
You will never grasp the meaning of love

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

English not first language, how do you want me to explain what love is, when you made it out of ideals and virtues?
You will never grasp the meaning of love

Thank you for explaining English is not your first language. I always find it wise and welcoming.

You are the one bringing Love into the discussion. So, its on you to define your meaning.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Here is a very simple argument against abortion. All intentional killing of innocent human beings is wrong. Abortion is the intentional killing of an innocent human being. Therefore, abortion is wrong.

A couple of issues with that statement and why its not that simple.

1. At what point does it become a human being. Depending when it can be considered a human being your statement could become a basis to support abortion. So are you ok with early stage abortions and the day after pill?

2. Do agree with the death penalty? Many anti abortionist including the religious ones are OK with the death penalty.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Refuting it to the degree that I'm asking is possible. Implicit in the assertion that you disagree with my argument is the notion that you find my argument invalid or unsound.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Exactly, many women I have met that have had an abortion were actually against the idea before their lives changed and they had to make the extremely difficult decision of ending a pregnancy.

No, try figure that out

I see you didn't get my sarcasm.....

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
It becomes a human being at the point of conception. Regarding the day after pill, I'm not well enough informed about them to give you an opinion. I don't agree with the death penalty.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It becomes a human being at the point of conception.

How did you come to this conclusion and what is your definition and attributes required to be classified as a human being?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

A couple of issues with that statement and why its not that simple.

1. At what point does it become a human being. Depending when it can be considered a human being your statement could become a basis to support abortion. So are you ok with early stage abortions and the day after pill?

By law it is at birth. We all have different views as to when a fetus becomes a human. For many it is ok to kill it 5 minutes before birth for others is shortly after conception they see it as human. I don't know the answer here and I hope science fix this with the ability to turn off everyone's reproduction system and only on applying and showing the capability to afford and raise the child should one be allowed. I think we will reach a point where children are a not a right but a privilege one would need to earn.

2. Do agree with the death penalty? Many anti abortionist including the religious ones are OK with the death penalty.

One is based on the desire of the mother for the child in her who has done nothing wrong. The other is based on a human who had done evil actions including killing others. I do not see them the same.

edit on 10-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So you are saying an egg is a human being?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
I'm saying after implantation, scientifically speaking, it is a homo sapien and by extension, a human being.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Exactly, many women I have met that have had an abortion were actually against the idea before their lives changed and they had to make the extremely difficult decision of ending a pregnancy.

Believe me, I know.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Refuting it to the degree that I'm asking is possible. Implicit in the assertion that you disagree with my argument is the notion that you find my argument invalid or unsound.

I mean I don't have any problems with the syntax of your logic, so your argument certainly isn't invalid. I just find the premises and conclusion to be too narrowly defined. This means that I don't actually find your argument to be unsound either. I just don't agree with your argument because it is too simple.
edit on 10-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join