It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple argument against abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here is a very simple argument against abortion.

All intentional killing of innocent human beings is wrong.
Abortion is the intentional killing of an innocent human being.
Therefore, abortion is wrong.

One exception. If the mothers life was to be in imminent danger if she were to have the child, then the killing of the fetus would be a foreseen variable, but not the intent.
edit on 8-11-2015 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

There will never be agreement on this topic so why keep bringing it up?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

One could say if it doesn't have a heartbeat it isn't alive (when dealing with an animal) so it would be preventing life not stopping it.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You addressed the crux of the issue, but not everyone believes that human life needs to be treated with respect. Also, many people that support abortion don't agree that human life begins with conception. Now, I agree with you, but given that we can't always agree on these issue do you and I have the right to tell others what they need to do because of our beliefs or do they have the right to their own beliefs?

As much as this is a difficult issue; I have to allow others to have the freedom to make their own decisions. Even when I think they are wrong.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What makes human life more important than any other animal?

Wouldn't making an omelette constitute abortion? Where's the outrage over egg McMuffins?

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What about if the innocent human being came about via the intentional raping of an innocent female?

Does not that innocent female rape victim get a say in whether she wants to carry a rapists baby because she certainly did not get a choice in whether or not to become pregnant in the first place?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Abortion is not something that can be accepted by everyone, i personally am against it,but i will defend the right for women to have the choice.

And that choice is between a women and her doctor.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
What makes human life more important than any other animal?

Wouldn't making an omelette constitute abortion? Where's the outrage over egg McMuffins?

No.

Omelettes are made from unfertilized eggs which never were alive.
edit on 2015/11/8 by Metallicus because: Spaced for readability (no text changed)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am pleased to say that for the first time i agree with your eloquent post.

Have a drink on me my friend

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I am pleased to say that for the first time i agree with your eloquent post.

Have a drink on me my friend

Common ground always makes me happy. Back at you brother.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
How about aborting this discussion, because it will never amount to anything. Free choice for women. Their body, their decision.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Omelettes are made from unfertilized eggs which never were alive.

How about balut?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh hey.. Look.. it's this topic again..

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

People get around this by claiming a fetus is not a human being and further, that a woman's body, INCLUDING any fetus, is owned by HER, and no one has the right to tell her what to do with it. And a fetus DOES have a heart beat, BTW. This way you can "be" for abortion is to define away the humanity of a fetus and claim it is not human. I know that's arguable, but, frankly, that's the argument.

Now, the way I personally look at it is this:

1) a fetus IS human. "Defining" a fetus away as "not human" is the height of being disingenuous. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself. Even if you're an atheist. "Souls" are not the issue here.

2) It's YOUR FAULT you got pregnant (rape excluded), period. You have the means not to. You allowed it to happen even if responsibility OUGHT to be shared.

3) By allowing yourself to get pregnant you "signed a 9 month lease."

4) You can't just kick the tenant out after you signed a lease. That's illegal.

5) Have you ever heard of a landlord terminating a lease by killing the tenant?

6) After the lease is up, do what the hell you want.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
There will never be agreement on this topic so why keep bringing it up?

I can assure you that you are 100% incorrect on that one...

One day day very soon every last one of us will all be in agreement about abortion.

What goes around, comes around.

Below is a message from a Russian woman who had an NDE during which she encounters Jesus and also her own aborted child:

Ludmila had a near-death experience and came back to life. During the time that her spirit was out of body, she found herself suddenly in front of a ‘mountain-sized’pile of dismembered aborted babies! When she asked: “What is this?” God replied: “These are your ‘sins’”

She was in shock as she observed this genocide of so many unborn aborted babies. Her shock increased as she observed various human ‘pieces’ beginning to ‘come together’ and form ‘one’ baby. Immediately, this baby began to run directly towards her mother, Ludmila while screaming: “Mommy! Mommy!!!”

As the baby came within feet of her, the Ludmila realized she could not receive her child or help her because there was a ‘huge and solid but transparent wall’ between her and the baby. As a mother, she experienced sheer agony as she saw demonic spirits of abortion tearing away at her baby! The baby was screaming in pain! This scene was repeated several times in front of the totally helpless mother.

Ludmila cried out to God, then Jesus said: “I will help you save your baby, but you must help me. I want you to go to return to earth and tell everything you saw here.” Suddenly, Ludmila came back to life, never to be the same again!

“When She Died, She Came “Face to Face’ With Her Unborn Baby.”

In 2003, Earthquake Kelley died in his hospital bed, and visited Heaven. He describes aborted children he saw:

"Suddenly I felt as though I had separated from my body...I didn't hover around the ceiling very long. Angels that were so bright they were almost difficult to look at were waiting for me...I came upon a group of children of all different ages who were running, jumping and playing. Then another group of children caught my eye.

As I stood and watched these children, I heard a voice say, "You're wondering who those children are...These are children who died from diseases, wars, accidents, murders and other things that happen to children. Some were stillbirths and others died from miscarriages. These are all the children that I brought home to be with me. No harm can ever come to them again." Then the voice choked back tears as He pointed out another group of children and said, "See those children? I had a plan for their lives. I had things for them to do. But because of the selfishness of sin, and the hardness of peoples' hearts, these children were aborted and sent back to me."

He pointed out another group of children and, with the same trembling voice said, "I sent these children to the homes of so-called Christians. I sent these children for ministry. I sent them for exhortation. I sent them to help the world. But their parents listened to the ways of the world. They listened to wrong counsel. They thought they had financial problems and could not afford these children. They had secret abortions, thinking that no-one would find out. But nothing is hidden from Me." "

Is My Kid in Heaven?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Is this a random account opened just for controversial topics?
You have hardly any posts and jump to abortions? Kinda a leap there.

Control of strange women's va-jj's is most likely not what your purpose in life should be imro.

Abortions are not taken lightly by women who need them. The MAJORITY are done for health reasons, not unwanted pregnancies.

"OMG abortion, terrorist, home invasions, guns, global warming, war, diseases, weather."

These shock topics are put in place to keep you chasing your tail while you are taxed/robbed blind.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
Here is a very simple argument against abortion.

All intentional killing of innocent human beings is wrong.
Abortion is the intentional killing of an innocent human being.
Therefore, abortion is wrong.

One exception. If the mothers life was to be in imminent danger if she were to have the child, then the killing of the fetus would be a foreseen variable, but not the intent.

I completely disagree with your premise, but lets use your argument and your terms. Why is it ok to kill an innocent human being, instead of the adult who is less innocent and might not even die anyways? Is the mothers life more important than that of the babies? That seems like a strange argument to take considering most parents would die for their children to be able to go on living.

originally posted by: Murgatroid
I can assure you that you are 100% incorrect on that one...

One day day very soon every last one of us will all be in agreement about abortion.

What goes around, comes around.

I find it highly unlikely that one day soon I am going to believe in Heaven, that I am going to believe in your God, and that I am then going to listen to that Gods opinion on everything.
edit on 8-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
You addressed the crux of the issue, but not everyone believes that human life needs to be treated with respect. Also, many people that support abortion don't agree that human life begins with conception. Now, I agree with you, but given that we can't always agree on these issue do you and I have the right to tell others what they need to do because of our beliefs or do they have the right to their own beliefs?

As much as this is a difficult issue; I have to allow others to have the freedom to make their own decisions. Even when I think they are wrong.

Awesome answer. As unfortunate as abortion may be, it is a decision between a woman and her doctor.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

All life is preacious

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In the 21rst century, abortions should be at an all time low. There are products on the market that can prevent pregnancy, and even stop it up to 5 days after unprotected sex. Let alone the options of surgical sterilization, and abstinence if you find yourself in a position where none of these are available at the moment. It's called personal responsibility.

Abortion should not be used as birth control. It should be used in cases where lack of foresight wasn't the problem, or reason for pregnancy. I am not against abortion, but it has become a convenience, rather than a last resort.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join