It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

PRELIMINARY REPORTS OF 10 KILLED, 20 INJURED IN SHOOTING AT COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN OREGON, STATE POLICE SPOKESMAN SAYS.

Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

The reports suggest that the shooter has been detained, he said.

Earlier, authorities told CNN they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

Another MASS school shooting this is a big one folks..

More news just coming in now
------------------------------------
UPDATE UP TO 15 DEAD
ktla.com...

At least 15 people were reportedly killed after an active shooter was spotted at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

Preliminary information indicated 10 people were killed and more than 20 were injured, Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate told CNN.

TV station KATU later reported 15 people were killed, according to state police.

edit on 1-10-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

@reuters reports 15 dead solo shooter now detained possibly wounded.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I live 45 miles away, if I get info I will let you know

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
www.cnn.com...

PRELIMINARY REPORTS OF 10 KILLED, 20 INJURED IN SHOOTING AT COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN OREGON, STATE POLICE SPOKESMAN SAYS.

Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

The reports suggest that the shooter has been detained, he said.

Earlier, authorities told CNN they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

Another MASS school shooting this is a big one folks..

More news just coming in now
------------------------------------
UPDATE UP TO 15 DEAD
ktla.com...

At least 15 people were reportedly killed after an active shooter was spotted at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

Preliminary information indicated 10 people were killed and more than 20 were injured, Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate told CNN.

TV station KATU later reported 15 people were killed, according to state police.

Wow...that is a lot of people. What is it about schools that attracts these maniacs? I just don't get it. Are they THAT wrapped up in what is going on at school?

Messed up....RIP to all those souls.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is one of the largest MASS shooting we have seen in a while at a school..

This is huge!!

SSRI'S involved?

Most likely a student did this, but I would still call this a terrorist act.

+41 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Gun Free Zones are always easy targets for cowards like this

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

edit on 10/1/2015 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My heart goes out to all the victims and people afected by the shootings, heres hoping this is the last time it happens.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Sgt. Dwes Hutson, a Douglas County Sheriff's Office spokesman, says officers responded around 10:40 a.m. to reports of a shooting at the College. Huston could not confirm if anyone was injured.

According to the News Review newspaper in Roseburg, police and emergency crews are at Umpqua Community College after a reported gunman shot upwards of 20 people on campus.

Scanner reports indicated the suspect is down. Multiple ambulances are on scene. Early reports indicate at least 15 people are dead.

Police are clearing the science building at this time.

(Check back as we continue to update this story real time.)

-- The Oregonian

www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

This is huge!!

SSRI'S involved?

They need to release the name so the nutcases social media can be captured ASAP before it is "disappeared".

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
R.I.P. and thoughts with the families involved. Incredibly sad, I imagine the victims were young, just starting out in life. Something has to change in this world, it is all wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lets hope the shooter didn't tweet this out or youtube it or something stupid as well....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
another live feed
KATU

First one stopped streaming

link   
What a horrific loss. At least they got the S.O.B.!

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

This is huge!!

SSRI'S involved?

They need to release the name so the nutcases social media can be captured ASAP before it is "disappeared".

Make you a bet they are already CLEANSING his online presence AS WE speak..

15 dead THIS IS COLUMBINE SIZE.. why no cameras on seen??

edit on 1-10-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was wondering why all I see on cnn is a static google satellite image?

link   

News lady from the live stream said they had set up a "Press Area" and no one was allowed on campus

Not surprising considering it is unclear if the shooter is dead, but not going to do anything to help discourage conspiracy theories about the event.

link   
Another sad day in America. Somethings got to give at some point.

My heart goes out to the families.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What is wrong with people these days. Just because something does not go exactly how you wanted in life. You go out and kill a bunch of people. That is what all these cases boil down to. Poor me. So because your life sucks. You are going to go out and kill. It makes no sense to me. If your life sucks, then put the same energy you did into planning a mass murder, into making your life better.

There were times that my life sucked. During those times I sometimes had dark thoughts, that involved hurting myself, but never ever others. Are people just that self absorbed now a days? That they only see their problems. Without realizing everyone has problems. Even if they are not readily apparent.

Its times like this that I hope there is someplace better to go when you die. Because none of the people who died in this shooting deserved to die like this.

My heart goes out to the victims families.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join