It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question for which Berenstein Skeptics Have No Answer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Okay so, a few days ago I was convinced that I had suffered from the memory lapse like so many others...
my daughters and I both talked about it and they said well, they were CERTAIN they remembered "stein"...

THIS, my ATS friend is strange indeed...
just really freaking weird!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: DelMarvel

There are claims online that this image is photoshopped.

And there always are. I just ran the photo thru Izitru.

They can find no proof of tampering. But every site says your
eyes are the best judge and you should be able to tell by looking.

But you didn't answer the main point of my comment.

If there was a timeline shift that somehow altered every physical trace of the "Berenstein" universe, why did this photo (and perhaps the books in it) not change?

EDIT: By the way, here's what is obviously the same image with all the books reading "Berenstain."

i.imgur.com...
edit on 28-9-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

There are claims online that this image is photoshopped.

And there always are. I just ran the photo thru Izitru.

They can find no proof of tampering. But every site says your
eyes are the best judge and you should be able to tell by looking.

But you didn't answer the main point of my comment.

If there was a timeline shift that somehow altered every physical trace of the "Berenstein" universe, why did this photo (and perhaps the books in it) not change?

Just a theory here but maybe the books and the photo remained unchanged for the same reason many of us retained the original memory and not the modified memory. Maybe it was environmental?

Edit: When I get home from work I am gona dig around, I am sure I have some of those books I used to read to my sons. Damn it now I want to look too.
edit on 28-9-2015 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
I remember the Berenstein Bears.

vs

Which one is Photosopped, or both? can the resident ATS CSI crew investigate? ?

In my opinion, i'm certain any books or photos of books that still say STEIN are photoshopped - since the material world has been corrupted- but it would be nice to see forensical/expert testimonials!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TombEscaper
Why, or how, is it only now that these things have entered into the mass consciousness?

the internet. In the past, if someone had a drug addled vision that something wasn't as they remembered it, they had to go to a library to check out the facts. Today, you just type it in the Google, and BAM! there was another person who agrees with you, so now it's a conspiracy. The son of the Author offered his views that nothing had changed, only the failing minds of older fans.

This premise has a few holes. The primary one being that “this” really hasn’t “taken off” until the last couple of years, and the internet has been mainstream in the West since the mid 90’s. Why the 20 year lag?

Another interesting aspect of this in relation to the internet is this: “Berenstein” is an actual name that belongs to individuals who have nothing to do with the bear franchise. It is not a highly common name, but it does exist. Furthermore, over the last couple of years in which this issue has come into large scale collective awareness, there have obviously been multitudinous internet discussions and theses on it, with now literally millions of instances of the word “Berenstein” existing in “internet land.” With that being the case, why is it that the Google search engine still insists on placing a red squiggly line underneath the word when it is typed into the search bar? It does not do this with “Berenstain,” and surely there is a relatively comparable amount of “Berenstein” instances across the net in comparison to “Berenstain.”

Why then does Google insist on treating “Berenstein” as a misspelled or non-existent word?

It’s as if something or someone is trying to completely erase “Berenstein” from the mass consciousness of humanity. But what or whom, and why?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

For your consideration

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It’s as if something or someone is trying to completely erase “Berenstein” from the mass consciousness of humanity. But what or whom, and why?

Chemtrails is another word that just doesn't show up in spell checkers while unicorn, for instance, does...
of course there is something weird about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

The son of the Author offered his views that nothing had changed, only the failing minds of older fans.

My son of the authors ass. I've asked people who don't even know this
phenomenon exists. The question as I posed it: Remember the Berenstain
Bears? ( Berenstain first to make the suggestion ) Was it Berenstain or
Berenstein? 4 people said Berenstein 1 said," Wtf are you talk'n about? ".
Which I took as IDK. And I didn't grow up with the bears in anyway. But
would often fetch the book for my girlfriends daughter. And clearly I remember
saying and reading Berenstein. Not no friggen Berenstain! Which would have left
a stain on my brain in the re- membrane. You're out of your league on this one Net.
I love ya man, but you're out of your league.

I guess all that's left is for you to produce ONE book cover showing the name you "remember".

I thought the thread and the whole idea was fascinating, but the answers were just to real. Like the author's son coming out and explaining the facts, then looking at the pictures of old books kind of sealed the deal for me.

www.ebay.com...
Go to a library. Oh, and be sure to explain to the librarian how "out of her league" she is.

ETA:
Even Ebay seems to be in on this. I tried searching for Bearenstein and they corrected me.

AMAZING!
edit on 28-9-2015 by network dude because: tried to get back into my league.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

"Memory errors may include remembering events that never occurred, or remembering them differently from the way they actually happened."

Remembering a movie title wrong like Interview With A Vampire vs Interview With The Vampire (what the book in 76 was called and what the movie was called) doesn't indicate anything nefarious or magical, it just means that people remember it wrong.

I asked this in another similar thread to this but which scenario seems more likely

1. Someone changed the millions of books, posters, CD's, DVDs, memorabilia in the millions of locations they are all located to something different.

2. People remember things wrong.

To me it is no different then a group of people hearing a song and a few people hear the lyrics differently then what they really are.. Does that mean that the IllumiNSAMAsons changed the song for those people or the more likely scenario that those few people are wrong.

The human mind is not infallible and if people want to be convinced that it's not possible for them to remember something wrong then no amount of proof will change them otherwise.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I asked this in another similar thread to this but which scenario seems more likely

1. Someone changed the millions of books, posters, CD's, DVDs, memorabilia in the millions of locations they are all located to something different.

Obviously, you and I are "out of our league".

Yea, they changed them ALL!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Another point: I just read an interview with the son where he said that for his entire life people have been misspelling and mispronouncing his name. He implied that it probably should have been spelled "Berenstein" but was spelled phonetically based on the pronunciation of his Ukrainian family upon immigration. So, that could also explain why people tended to misread this through the years.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I figure people are remembering it as they heard it in their mind. Then when the real spelling is seen, it seems wrong to them.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We have two sides of the camp. Those who remember it as Stein and others as Stain.

Not long ago, I remember NASA's first synchronized launch of the MARS lander probes - synchronized intentionally to measure the time synchronization and potential issues with the MER-A, MER-B and MER-C missions. According to the internet, the MER-C mission - which was slated to explore Cydonia - never went (or it's been classified) . And the MER-A and MER-B missions were luanched on separate dates.

Now if lawyers have taught us anything, they've taught us that 5 people witnessing the same event can have five different accounts for that event - with the accounts wildly varying - whether it's a male being a female, two people involved instead of three, a shirt being black and not red, etc. This is extraordinarily common.

The internet is a global repository for information, and with that - a collective source.

But personally, I trust my own memory and perspective more than I do this collective pool of revisionist history, so I just take what is said and documented by the collective pool as yet another perspective of this thing we call reality.

Is it because of a conspiracy?

Possibly.

But there's so many more explanations.

Let's look at this scientifically.

Perspective is relative.

You have one of two choices.

You can question your own memory and start down the slippery slope of questioning your own sanity.

Or you can respect your memory and find non conspiratorial and scientific reasons for this occurrence.

Proof of the multiverse? Of alternate realities?

Absolutely possible.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgregory

You can question your own memory and start down the slippery slope of questioning your own sanity.

Everyone has faulty memory issues. In my opinion it's less "sane" to assume one's memory is infallible. I am constantly discovering memories I have that are less than completely accurate. I don't think that's a sign of insanity, just the mechanism of the human brain. That's why we came up with the scientific method.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would also have to agree that this is a case of misremembering the title. When I was younger I used to read the book as well as watch the show. I was surprised when I first read one of the books that it was spelled -stain instead of -stein, because everyone that I knew pronounced it that way. I've always been a stickler of proper spelling and pronunciation so when people I knew said "berenstein" it drove me nuts.
That being said it doesn't matter to me which way you remember the name, it's your opinion, do with it what you will. I love reading these threads anyway! a reply to: TombEscaper

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I like libraians
dude. So I'm sure she could talk me out my
memory before you could.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: randyvs

Okay so, a few days ago I was convinced that I had suffered from the memory lapse like so many others...
my daughters and I both talked about it and they said well, they were CERTAIN they remembered "stein"...

THIS, my ATS friend is strange indeed...
just really freaking weird!

But to those arguing against what were saying it isn't. And maybe
that's why they argue. Little scerdy cats.

I have to change internet service now .

edit on Rpm92815v23201500000016 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: metamagic
Disclaimer: I am fascinated by alternative realities, timelines and by actual cases where we seem to experience different pasts. However, this specific bears name issue is not one of those and I feel that all this attention on this matter and others like mis-remembered song lyrics, celebrity facts and the like take away legitimacy to what may be a real phenomena. So I am not being dismissive or condescending, but I do believe that when statements are make like this, if you are interested in the real issues of reality shifts, you have to engage in a rigorous examination of claims and eliminate the cruft.

Here is the question: Why, or how, is it only now that these things have entered into the mass consciousness?

We even have a name for this.. internet memes.. ideas, rumors and speculation that go viral. Without social media this sort of spread is very difficult to achieve. We do see rumors go viral in the past but without the reach of social media, the "memes" are usually confined to a specific community,

This very fact actually “self-proves” the legitimacy of the phenomenon, and that something unexplained has been occurring.

Nope. First of all the statement made is not proof of the legitimacy of a reality shift, as you imply, but it is proof that ideas can be passed quickly and widely on the internet. And there is no such thing as "self-proof".

The dismissiveness and somewhat condescending attitude of those who are quick to label the situation as a case of “misremembering,” when there is quite obviously something unexplainable happening, gives plenty of reason to be suspicious of their motives.

Expecting proof of claims beyond "everyone feels or knows it" is not being dismissive or condescending. Instead it is a statement of where your claims are weak. Now you should provide your proof and empirical arguments for your position. I dearly would love it if you could change my mind.

This entire situation feels much like awakening from a deep sleep, having no memory or recognition of what happened while asleep. How or “when” did the name “change” in such a manner that the “change” seems to have been realized by varying peoples at varying points of “time?”

These issues are undoubtedly biproducts of the battle for individual and collective consciousness that is being carried out in higher realms. If internal doubt can be raised about one’s certain memories, the door is opened to rob one of one’s own very essence; one’s own soul. I don’t believe it is happenstance that most of these “retro-alterations” involve childhood memories – the most innocent of times in one’s life.

This is a battle in the higher realms? What exactly does that mean? Who or what are these higher realms? And why are they so interested in the name of child's book?

All of this is much more than a silly quirk dealing with whether or not one correctly remembers the name of a cartoon bear family.

Then please elaborate on this and explain what that "more" is.

Hello,

Mis-remembered or misheard song lyrics is not a fully accurate comparison to this, because they are mis-HEARD without being read. The Berenstein issue involves what people have read and seen with their own eyes on a repetitive basis. This also includes testimonials of those who have last names featuring "stein," who remember the name Berenstein beyond all doubt because of this. Will the skeptic continue to insist that those people are so self-deluded that they either have misremembered this relation, or were completely misreading a name that featured a portion that matches their own name?

You say that ideas can be spread "quickly" and widely over the internet. So again, with the internet hitting the mainstream in the West in the mid 90's, why did this issue not explode into what it is now until the last few years? And you also have not addressed why there is no historical documentation of the name being misread/mispronounced throughout the entire existence of the BB's. The bears have been a part of children's pop culture for over half a century, so, if the typical skeptic rebuttals are correct (masses of people have always tricked themselves into seeing "Berenstein" because "stein" is a common name), then where oh where do we see throughout the history of the BB's that this has been a widespread and recurring issue? Of course, we don't. We only have an "awakening" of some sort in the last few years that somehow what is remembered as Berenstein is now Berenstain.

Again, the skeptic has yet to provide a logical retort to this.

Your demand for "proof" is an enigma of circular reasoning, because not only will there of course be no tangible proof in the case of a reality shift, but even when legitimate "proof" is presented, the skeptic will twist it into illegitimacy. Case in point: The link below, to the Coasterbuzz forum discussion in 2001 (which has already been presented in other threads), can certainly be considered proof, as it features several posters referencing the Berenstein Bears, with no one bothering to correct anyone, and with no one referring to them as the Berenstain Bears.

coasterbuzz.com...

But the skeptic, of course, will revert back to the same argument that everyone was self-deluded concerning the true spelling, and misreading it, and mistyping it. Yes, every single person.

So then, there is no such thing as "proof" to those have a predetermined mindset of skepticism.

It does seem as through certain things have "slipped through the cracks" of the shift, such as that forum discussion, as well as possibly the circulating picture of the stack of books with "Berenstein" on the side, if that picture is authentic.

Why are there forces in higher realms concerned with a slight variation in the name of a children's book? It is a test to begin seeing how much they can get away with in terms of causing people to doubt their inner essence, in the face of all tangible evidence going against what they are certain of remembering.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It does seem as through certain things have "slipped through the cracks" of the shift, such as that forum discussion, as well as possibly the circulating picture of the stack of books with "Berenstein" on the side, if that picture is authentic.

And, of course, the memories of all the many people who are remembering it as "Berenstein."

I'm still not understanding how this mechanism supposedly works. Once again, how is it that the people closest to the situation (like Michael Berenstain) have no memory of the previous reality while all those who are claiming a change seem to only have peripheral experience?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I like libraians
dude. So I'm sure she could talk me out my
memory before you could.

Yes Randy, I am sure your memory trumps all the physical evidence.

I'd love to hear all about that "league" you are in. Are the walls soft?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join