It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the Greatest Threat to World Peace

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We try to prevent other countries from making them all the while we have the biggest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world. .
Plus, the biggest stockpile of necular waste piled up around the plan that will add more bang to the bang.

I read of an interivew of a sicentist who said that that the waste fuel from reactors could have been recycled numerous times in ever smaller reactors unitl all the nuc material was used. However, deliberate decisions by those in power in the states who want to destroy the states, suppressed the technology and it remains so to this day.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Young kids....sigh.....do any of you have a clue about history? Like at all?....your ignorance of reality is incredibly frightening.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I dont mean any disrespect by this, but this indicates to me youve swallowed the propaganda of American Exceptionalism. In other words, when the US does something bad, its for good reasons, or its a ' regrettable mistake' - its never evil.

Put it this way. Do you think if Iran was the only country to use nuclear weapons in history - rather than America - you think the world would let Iran hold weapons now? Dont you think we'd think of it as an evil act?

Quote: America doesn't issue a weekly press release calling for wiping another country off the map and out of existence.

No. America just invades anyway. But thats ok. Because when America does bad things, its for good reasons.
edit on 19-9-2015 by benedictus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

"America doesn't issue a weekly press release calling for wiping another country off the map and out of existence."

Are you implying that Iran does this?

It appears that you're peddling the already debunked fake translation from the former Iranian president years ago by memri.org

Please correct me if I'm wrong

I guess for people such as yourself repeating a lie enough times makes it true in your own warped reality

edit on 19-9-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: benedictus

It appears that it's easier to argue with somebody when you ignore aspects of what they said that directly conflict with your premise?

You ignored the comments I made about things America does...and then proceeded to tell me how I must feel about America?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I guess for people such as yourself it's easier to take veiled personal shots than to stick to the issue?

Yes, I used a bit of hyperbole to make a point. You can handle it, I'm sure.

Oh, and you're wrong. You may sit corrected now.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

What did you say that directly conflicts with my premise? You mean when you said:

Quote: "Yea, America has done and continues to do some questionable and downright wrong stuff."

That was the bit I meant. Swap America in the above sentence for Iran. Do we ever talk about the actions of any other country in the same way?
edit on 19-9-2015 by benedictus because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
First of all has there ever even been world peace or is that just a fantasy.

Remember Pearl Harbour and 9/11 2001? Don't piss off a superpower.

IMO the middle east and Islam is the main threat to world peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It always helps to put things into perspective from a different point of view.

If Germany had won the war and used Nuclear Bombs, and we never did, then some 70 odd years later used their military muscle to keep the status quo and lectured other countries on having nuclear weapons, how would we feel?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

As for keeping nukes out of the hands of countries like Iran: America has had nukes for quite a while now and only used them twice, other than testing them. America doesn't issue a weekly press release calling for wiping another country off the map and out of existence.

I see...so in your line of work, you would go after the ones with loud mouths and ignore the ones that have had a violent history and are armed to the teeth?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yea!! # America!! Hell yea, I will sit here from my nice western home and culture and say # America, come on everyone join me, let's say it in chant. Wuuuuuewhooooo # America hell yea,yea,yea,! Man I #en hate America,I'm gonna draw on the keg a # America sign and proceed to do keg stands.

Man I'm glad you made this post, needed to get that out!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think it's fine to study history and criticize America and the west but hold the rest of the world and every other country to the same standard. They are all pretty bad there is no perfect country.

It's now fashionable to hate on the west on leftard media. The extreme leftard line these days is everything is the west's fault, global warming danger is imminent, Islam is the religion of peace and white men are evil. Oh and all non western countries and cultures are awesome. The twitter hipster generation. And then there is anti-west propaganda from Russia, China, Iran to add to the mix.
edit on 19-9-2015 by JimTSpock because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

America pays for the lobbies and allies behind it. It's part of the plan, get people to blame America so american people will feel threatened. And both people have their good reasons to vent their frustration.
Hegemony is wrong, because balance is they only way to prevent some groups inside strong countries to abuse of other minor entities. Hell, even only two groups is bad for balance, but still vastly better than current global situation.

So when you see people arguing about US or America are generally referring to the same government, banks and corporations interests that you aknoledged in many posts to be the problem behind your country.
In foreign policies America also act as a shield for GCC interests (which are interconnected), Israeli interests (which are lobbied hard) and NATO interests nonetheless. So your government decided to increase its shares by putting the face and the credibility at a stake, but this thing went too far.
Wherever happens any obstacle to some big corporations in which USA is involved, your tax will be driven to solve the issue, even better if this issue requires trillions of military funds.

We are all armchair global policy makers, but the reality is we are just people and not only we don't have a say in the big picture, but we also get accused of everything our country does regardless if we support it or not.
We also often forget that it's not about America, or France, or Turkey, it's a political-economic-military empire ruled in the interests of a very small class. The best we (the people) can do is hoping for enough bullies out there which have conflicting interests and need to bribe us with human rights (that we goddamn deserve). It's transnational and countries or religions are only used as a scapegoat.

We need multiple oppositions for every system be it political, social or economic, and we need need to learn to deal with our differences and not make only one. You don't need to defend your country, you need to defend the people because the war is not Russia vs USA, it's 0.08% vs 0.02% and the rest 99.9% is just a tool in the game until we support them.

Do you support your banking policies? Do you support villain trade agreements like the TTIP or the TTP? Do you support the agribusiness lobby in destroying medium and small american farms? Or land appropriation for exploration purpouses?
Well the same is happening abroad, with similar method, but with your army instead of your police. Some people are getting fed and don't support their country anymore, but they do the same mistake as the ones who strongly support it: they take a side.

American people need to realize that whatever happened abroad in at least the last 40 years only costed to the american people themselves. It made a small minority richer and a large number of individuals broke. The US is blamed for every incident abroad for the simple reason that the lobbies (in this case including CIA and other "national security" agencies) did want a share in everything happened and had the reources to do that. They also cared nothing about the credibility loss and the price because that falls on you people, not them. They never paid.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Well thought out post,

I acknowledge America has problems social-economic forieghn policy, corporate monopoly, abuse of power by police, and a strong criminal element, and legislating sins like drug use. I get it, but these problems are worked on internally and will continue to be worked on, we don't solve things as par the course with the sword, sure people get hurt but in the end compromise is made and we continue to progress. For all of the things America does wrong, there are so many more America gets right. We forge the way on social progress. I am a die hard patriot I love my country that will never change ever. I have an American flag on my Harley and that's the way I'm gonna keep it. Hoooah

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

# war is more like it. My OP was more of a commentary on war than anything, and with America being the biggest war monger in the world, it was the best example to use. Sorry if you're offended or whatever, but America and its war machine is the biggest problem with the world today, not the only problem but the biggest.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

but America and its war machine is the biggest problem with the world today, not the only problem but the biggest.

And any time another country has something they can't handle, whether it be a natural disaster, or a pissy neighbor they can't handle who usually is there when asked...that's right America's war machine.

And how many countries come to train with the American war machine so that they are able to handle things that they couldn't do before...just like this.

khon2.com...

I guess it's just easier to focus on the bad, and overlook the good that they do.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

War is bad whichever way you look at it, it benefits no one but those giving the orders and their power trip. I'd say the American war machine's cons far outweigh its pros.

You know the phrase "the first casualty of war is truth"? If that holds to be true, which I believe it does, then America is the biggest liar around.

I know we've been conditioned to believe our military is fighting for good but I believe the opposite is true.
edit on 9/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No offense,
but-I am of the opinion that it's not so much as a single government entity in particular that poses the greatest threat against humankind...

It's the people raising their hands saying that they can fix things by instilling their will into the hearts of men...

It's people not honoring the just boundaries of other people. Live and let live unmolested is my creed.

Things go wrong when one's boundary becomes breached by an outsider trying to instill his own brand of equality upon him.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Wrong.... Putin Is
/

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I guess that could be said about any world leader. They're all puppets for the most part, all with the same agenda. Putin is playing his part just as well as Obama and Netanyahu are. Though America's military and its stockpile of nuclear weapons is the greatest threat by way of them existing at all and our track record of using them on another country already.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join