It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the Greatest Threat to World Peace

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I like this quote from Hermann Göring. He is spot on about this. We have been conditioned and brainwashed by our governments for such I long time . And still, alot of people don't see it, and will kill and risk their lives when the government comes calling.

The quote

aturally the common people don’t want war. But after all, it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it’s always a
simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy or a
fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of
the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are
being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every
country.”

-Hermann Goering, Hitler’s Reich Marshall, at the Nuremberg
Trials after World War II.

Hermann Göring.
edit on 19-9-2015 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I know we've been conditioned to believe our military is fighting for good but I believe the opposite is true.

Then you should have said in your headline..." In my opinion ", because that is what the thread is about...correct, and not actual proof that this is true?

And I haven't been conditioned...I have seen the good they do, and I am proud they are doing their job's to keep me safe and living the life I have.

It may not be the best life...I know it could be worse.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I never said it was fact did I? I said it's what I know to be true, but that doesn't mean it applies to everyone else. It should be obvious that it's my opinion, I shouldn't have to say it is.

It seems as though you're ignoring the bad we've done in favor of the good, every country has done their fair share of good not just America. If someone kills somebody then send flowers to their parents, does that negate the murder they committed? I would hope not

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And it's pretty obvious that you're ignoring the good that's done to focus on the bad. In addition to using an event 70 years ago to support your argument about today's world.

Kind of a lot has happened since then.

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Use my analogy of the murderer who sends flowers to the victims parents. Do the flowers negate his murder? Sometimes the bad outweighs the good.

Do you believe in today's world America is benefiting the rest of the world or making it safer? Bombing other countries and invading them isn't benefiting anyone.
edit on 9/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I never said it was fact did I?

But you sure like to imply it though don't you?

It should be obvious that it's my opinion, I shouldn't have to say it is.

WHy I don't know you or what your opinions are on worldly topics such as this...so how would one know?

It seems as though you're ignoring the bad we've done in favor of the good, every country has done their fair share of good not just America.

Good try, but you can't spin this that way.

I know what the US has done in it's past, but that doesn't make them the bad guy's now...which is what your thread is doing, using the past to justify your theory for today.

And if your going to condemn them for the past, you should also praise them for what they have done since then that was also good. If you can't do that then you are being biased to where you only want to discuss the bad, and forget what good they do.

If someone kills somebody then send flowers to their parents, does that negate the murder they committed? I would hope not

No it doesn't, but then again what the US did was a consequence of war...murder isn't.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I implied that it was my opinion, the OP speaks to what my opinion is, if you can't see that then you're being obtuse. If you didn't know before then you do now, though it should have been obvious to begin with.

Maybe you're right about me excluding the good that America has done, but in my opinion the bad outweighs the good. If you want I can make a thread outlining what they have done good, but that isn't what this thread is about in particular.

War is murder, maybe you don't think so but I do. That's my opinion, if you don't like it, sorry.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Defeating Hitler and the Japanese could be considered favourable. You need to look at some history and context. Maybe you'd be happier if Japan and Germany had won the second world war.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Do you believe in today's world America is benefiting the rest of the world or making it safer?

The fact that other countries are seeking our training for their military I would have to say yes.

We train more countries than we have ever bombed or invaded...but that doesn't matter because we did something in our past.

Also we don't just go out and bomb countries or invade without a reason, although you may not agree with the reason...we have reason's for doing what we do.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If you believe we didn't allow Pearl Harbor to happen, then yeah we had reason to attack Japan. If you believe that the Gulf of Tonkin happened, then yeah we had a reason for invading Vietnam. If you believe the official story of 9/11, then yeah we had a reason to invade Afghanistan. If you believe Iraq had WMD's, then yeah we had a reason to invade Iraq.

Thing is, in my opinion, all of these wars were based on lies by the U.S. government, so their reasons aren't quite good enough in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

nd I haven't been conditioned...I have seen the good they do, and I am proud they are doing their job's to keep me safe and living the life I have. 

It may not be the best life...I know it could be worse.

Well that's the thing. Make us believe that all these conflict s are happening to "keep us safe" It is complete bs.

You really think the powers that be give a crap about a soldier who dies in conflict. You really think they give it a minute thought when they are not acting in front of a camera?

It's all bs

But like I said, people still believe this bs. And that is the real sad part of all this. That a small percentage of people ( governments/leaders) can have such a hold on the rest of the population

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I implied that it was my opinion, the OP speaks to what my opinion is, if you can't see that then you're being obtuse.

And the rest of us know your opinion on things...no we don't, and quit acting as though we all know what your opinions are.

If you didn't know before then you do now, though it should have been obvious to begin with.

Read prior post.

Maybe you're right about me excluding the good that America has done, but in my opinion the bad outweighs the good.

Well let's look at that shall we...

So now going by your example if someone goes to rehab and has been sober for 10 years none of that matters because he was once addicted to something...as that is essentially what your saying isn't it?

If you want I can make a thread outlining what they have done good, but that isn't what this thread is about in particular.

I really don't care, but if you want to great.

And I know this is just another in a long line of bash America because of their past threads...nothing new as of late.

War is murder, maybe you don't think so but I do. That's my opinion, if you don't like it, sorry.

War is hell and people die, but that's a consequence of war...if you don't like that then I am not sorry, I am a realist.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Why didn't we help in China again?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

That was the point of my OP, to state my opinion. If you couldn't grasp that it was my opinion then that's not my fault, you are just being obtuse.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Invade this bomb that. You need to cite the exact history and conflict you are talking about or it's just a vague generalization.
WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf war 1, Afghanistan, Gulf war 2, ISIS
I think WW2 is justified the others for America not so much. Killing AQ and Taliban after 9/11 is.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Make us believe that all these conflict s are happening to "keep us safe" It is complete bs.

Do you have anything that shows differently?

You really think the powers that be give a crap about a soldier who dies in conflict. You really think they give it a minute thought when they are not acting in front of a camera?

Yes they do and unless you can provide anything that refutes it, then I don't believe any differently...and that is because I don't fall for the US/TPTB are all in it for themselves BS that many want to spew, but here is the funny thing nobody is able to actually say who TPTB really are, I wonder why that is?

SO I have to ask...You know these people personally enough to say that, because unless you do you have no clue as to what people are like when not in front of the cameras, and acting as though you do is a farce.

It's all bs

And it seems you may have fallen for it.

But like I said, people still believe this bs. And that is the real sad part of all this. That a small percentage of people ( governments/leaders) can have such a hold on the rest of the population

Nope only those who aren't bright enough to look for themselves, just as it works for conspiracy theories such as yours.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

That was the point of my OP, to state my opinion. If you couldn't grasp that it was my opinion then that's not my fault, you are just being obtuse.

Not obtuse, but just showing you that if it's your opinion then tell us or else we don't know it is.

And might I show you something you said in the OP that doesn't show that what your saying is your opinion...

If anything, America's government and military are the greatest threat to world peace, not Iran. Why you ask? Two words:

Nothing in that implies it is only your opinion, but feel free to call me obtuse again because I am questioning you on your assertion about the US.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Really? The entire OP is an opinion piece, including that part. It should have been obvious it was an opinion, you're being obtuse.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

How did the conflict in Iraq keep you safe? How about the one in Afghanistan? How were these wars/conflict all for the good of you?

Because of 9/11? They were talking about the Iraq invasion and its oil way before the Iraq invasion.

Conflicts like this just goes to show that governments only have to say "threat to us" and that's it, the rest will follow , blind to the fact that there was no threat at all.

And I can't believe you actually believe that these people care about the dead soldiers. They don't even care about the ones who come back. Hence the reasons why in the UK, charities have to fight the government to make sure that returned injured soldiers get what they desearve. And I know your government is pretty much the same when it comes to its own soldiers.

That, in itself shows they don't give a crap.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Just to start this off, I am an American, I have no bias against America other than my knowledge of the war crimes committed by America in the past. Just throwing that out there before people come in calling me a commie or whatever the case may be.

It seems as though America feels the need to be the international police force when it comes to nuclear weapons. We try to prevent other countries from making them all the while we have the biggest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world. Seems as though we want our cake and to eat it too, for lack of a better term. I'd say we're a bunch of hypocrites for trying to regulate other people's resources while we do whatever we want with ours.

Why do we feel the need to try and stop Iran from building a nuke? Because apparently if they build one they'll use it and it'll be the end of the world. This is a bunch of baloney and fear mongering on the part of both the Israeli and American governments. Iran is not going to build a nuke, and even if they did who are we to stop them? Are we somehow harbingers of peace and justice that we get to dictate who has certain weapons and who doesn't? I think not. If anything, America's government and military are the greatest threat to world peace, not Iran. Why you ask? Two words:

Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

We are the only country in history to have ever used atomic bombs on another country, the ONLY one. So how can we claim that someone else is a greater threat than us? We dropped two atomic bombs on Japan, not caring who was within the blast radius. Women and children, old and young were battle fodder for our government, people who had no part in the war. We committed the worst terrorist attack in history in my opinion. For what? To prove a point. What point? Mess with us and get an atomic bomb dropped on your citizens, we don't care who they are or what walk of life they are from.

This is what America did to the Japanese people. People who had no part in the attack on Pearl Harbor. People who had no part in the war whatsoever. America punished generations of Japanese citizens in order to prove that we had the biggest dick in the world so to speak. People are still being born with deformities in the areas that the bombs were dropped. America's decision to drop those bombs was one of the greatest atrocities ever committed in my opinion. Not only did it kill people at the time of them being dropped, it punished those who came afterward as well. That is a tragedy.

So how can we as the only country to ever drop an atomic bomb on another country claim to be harbingers of peace? How can we claim that any other country other than our own is a greater threat to the world?

How long has America been at war? Ever since our country was founded: from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War to WWI to WW2 to Vietnam to the Gulf War to Afghanistan to Iraq and other wars in-between, we as a nation have been warring with ourselves and others ever since we became a nation. Many of those wars predicated by lies, disinformation, and false flags.

We are a country built on war and genocide, we spend more on our military than China, Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy, and Brazil combined. Why is that? Because we are war mongers, there is no doubt about it.

Iran or ISIS the greatest threat to world peace? Pffff, they're nothing compared to America.

Sad thing is, most Americans will never admit this because they have been brainwashed into believing we're the greatest and most free country in the world and that being patriotic toward this war mongering country is somehow noble. It's not noble and to be patriotic toward America is to be a patriot of war and genocide in my opinion.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for this post but I know it to be true. America is nothing like what Americans think. We are the greatest threat to world peace, bar none. History and current events prove that in my opinion.

I'm not sure it is currently the greatest threat to peace, but I agree with you that demonstrably, the US has been guilty of far more aggression, war crimes, imperialism, and covert ops for the last 60 years than virtually any other country after WWII, with only maybe the USSR coming in second.

I'm American too, but our foreign policy has been totally out of control, and completely undermined basically all of our claimed American principles, including democracy, universal human rights, national sovereignty, etc ad infinitum. Between our constant wars, covert ops, assassinations, proxy wars, and regime changes over the past 60 years, we no longer can claim any kind of moral high ground. In fact, many countries due to all of that history are perfectly within their rights to fight back or resist, which is some of what is classified as "terrorism."

The War on Terror is therefore naught but a "war" to suppress all final resistance to US and Western neo-colonialism.

All one has to know is that in the 50's the US overthrew democracies in both Guatemala and Iran. In Guatemala US corporations had paid off former dictators to give them literally 90% of the land. The newly elected leaders finally began to reverse this. The corporations, specifically United Fruit Company, paid for a massive pr campaign and then the CIA organized a rebel force to regime change them.

Then, puppet dictators were installed. Then, the US supported the military, helped train special ops and death squads, which resulted in a 30 year civil war which saw a partial genocide of the indigenous Maya people, who were resisting the government or supporting those who were.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just like Libya and Syria, the modus operandi of using an "uprising" to regime change a non-compliant leader is an age-old trick.

Many more historically factual examples exist. But that is a good basic one for those who still think the US elite care about democracy, human rights, and national sovereignty.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join