It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the Greatest Threat to World Peace

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Not one country is a threat, but we all are as a race. It's easy to blame this country and that country, but we are all guilty at the end of the day because we blindly follow these sociopaths into whatever they throw at us

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Shamrock6

We're more likely to use a nuke by the simple fact that we have them and Iran doesn't and we have used them before. Who are you going to be more suspicious of? A known murderer or someone who's never killed another person before?

Conjecture and hyperbole.

Open a real history book and read why we dropped those bombs. Secondly, since using those bombs we've been in quite a few conflicts and lo and behold we haven't used them. Even during the Cold War we didn't flinch (came close a few times sure).

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid
I agree with what you said, America is filled with pride and thinks its bigger and better than everyone else. If someone tried to step up to that pride America would use whatever force it deemed necessary to prove its (has a bigger dick) point. That pride will be its own undoing in the future.....

Iran says their program is for energy right? You do not need very high enrichment for a fuel source, yet Iran's putting out Uranium enriched beyond 20%. With that in mind, I'd say verify more than trust right now.

Plus if they want energy so bad, why don't they just have Russia build them some more reactors?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Conjecture yes, hyperbole no. If we used it one time we'd use it again, I think that's a logical assumption. What's the point in having them and continuing to build then if we have no intention of using them?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

How did the conflict in Iraq keep you safe?

How did it not?

Because of 9/11? They were talking about the Iraq invasion and its oil way before the Iraq invasion.

SO then it has to be about oil in Iraq...so what happened in 1991 when we were there, was it about oil also?

Conflicts like this just goes to show that governments only have to say "threat to us" and that's it, the rest will follow , blind to the fact that there was no threat at all.

Well how do you know there isn't a threat, just because you don't fall for the BS it doesn't mean they are lying.

And I can't believe you actually believe that these people care about the dead soldiers. They don't even care about the ones who come back.

SO you know these people personally enough that you are able to say this for sure?

Hence the reasons why in the UK, charities have to fight the government to make sure that returned injured soldiers get what they desearve.

SO that means the US doesn't care about their soldiers?

And I know your government is pretty much the same when it comes to its own soldiers.

SO you don't live in the US, but you know exactly how the US treats their returning soldiers...well then slap my ass and call me sally, as I am just a dumb american that doesn't see how the government works.

That, in itself shows they don't give a crap.

If you say so.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Not one country is a threat,

Well according to the OP the US is to world peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Not JUST one country is a threat, many are. The U.S. just so happens to be the most dangerous out of all of them, hence me using the word "greatest" instead of "only" in the title.

In my opinion, just to clear that up.

The war in Iraq was based on WMD's Iraq never had. They did lie and the war hasn't made us any safer. Look at all the mass shootings that have happened. Not to say they correlate with the war but the war hasn't made us safer than we were before.

In my opinion.
edit on 9/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That's not good enough, I am sorry. How did attacking Iraq make you, and other UK/American people safe?

Ok, if you believe that Iraq was invaded to keep us safe, then why are we not invading north Korea, who have threatened America, and has long range missles?

As for Iraq, the last invasion of Iraq was all about oil, but off course, people like you are easily swayed by your government.

Oil companies were talking about what to do with the Iraq oil after invasion before there even was an invasion.

here

So, because I am not American, I can't possibly know about the bad treatment of American soldiers when they go home? Again, absolute rubbish. See, we have a thing called the internet, were I can get news about all countries. That's amazing isn't it?

You don't have to look long and hard until you find many storys and x soldiers talking about how they were treated when they came back home.

It's up to you if you want to deny everything. I am from the UK, and I am disgusted with what we have done, I am just not afraid to admit it.

Oh, and I know what the op said, and I don't agree. We are all a threat, not just one country.

If you can't be bothered to check out how bad American troops are treated , then you really don't care.

But I will give you one link of many

here
edit on 19-9-2015 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why do we feel the need to try and stop Iran from building a nuke? B

Let me frame the answer in the way of American politics.

Do you want a bunch of right wing neocons clinging to their guns,religion, and jihad to have nukes ?

The answer should be an obvious no.

The 'Supreme' Leader runs Iran which is a religious theocracy.

Nukes very bad idear.

Especially since they are fighting a proxy war against Saudi Arabia, in Yemen,Iraq,Afghanistan,Somalia,Libya, Syria.

With a second front against the evil Israelis.

Saudi Arabia and Iran is the GREATEST THREAT to world peace.

The last thing the world needs is an nuclear arms race between the SUnni and the Shia.
edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There's a saying I love: "No matter where you go, there you are"

There's another saying I rather enjoy as well: "Am I being paranoid when I know they are really watching?"

I am America. Does American threaten world peace? Absolutely, but not for the reasons you list.

You come across as chicken little armed with a spitwad in a straw.

Let me throw you some ammunition on why I'm a threat to this world:

#1) I don't care. Despite how hard I as a country have tried to get to know this world around me, to understand it, and the people within the countries I work with, the world constantly rapes me, takes my resources, and leverages my military, intelligence, and people to do their dirty work. But a country can and will only put up with this for so long before it says "Screw you, what's in this for me?"

#2) I don't care. Did I say that before? Hmm. Let me restate that then. I just don't care. America's been the 'young kid on the block' historically speaking, and with that, the often vicious and uncaring world seems more interested in blowing us all up with 'plugged propaganda' the likes of which you're regurgitating on me than it does the actual quality of life we all share. You all - every country - treats your own population as a threat. You all - every country - treats your own population as slaves. And here I - have tried VERY hard to be fair to my own people, when you - you bigots, idiots, and worse - smart people buying on to this belief that YOU are the victim somehow - feel like it's your right to tear down ANYTHING that resembles hope. I TRY to provide the people of this country hope. And magically, you, like lemmings come bearing your torches and pitchforks virtually trying to tear it down.

Now to be clear.

The bombings committed against the Japanese in World War 2 were committed by imperialistic forces who'd lost control of their country and leveraged America's weakened position to bomb their own country and then manipulated their image in the public to make them look like a victim disavow themselves of ever having done these things.

Do you think this is going to make the news, which has been manipulated by 'the world'?

NO, of course it's not, because it doesn't fit this world's agenda to make America the scapegoat of all it's problems.

Do you remotely understand why America went to Iraq and how Saddam had access to advanced technology that was manipulating America's history itself? Technology that the wealthy around the world use which keeps the masses largely sedated and ignorant?

Or are you ignorant enough to believe the internet actually contains any single correct version of 'the truth'.

Wake up, Chicken Little.

That, or if you're attempting to manipulate the public mindset.

Yes, I can absolutely assure you that America is indeed a threat to this world.

And many others.

I am just now waking up.

And there will be hell to pay as I learn more about who's doing this.

You think Guantanamo and waterboarding is news worthy?

Wait until you see what i have in store for you.

On a final note:

What, you didn't think a country could come alive and talk to you like this directly?

You have got a lot to learn.
edit on 19-9-2015 by bgregory because: a final note update

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If Saudi Arabia is one of the greatest threats then why are we such strong allies with them? Both Bush and Obama have had close relationships with them, so the alliance crosses over both party lines.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If Saudi Arabia is one of the greatest threats then why are we such strong allies with them? Both Bush and Obama have had close relationships with them, so the alliance crosses over both party lines.

Because we got a bunch of idiots that run our country.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Iraq had nothing to do with 911, nor did Saddam pose any kind of threat to us. Nor did he want to threaten us. Bush and Co. are on video later admitting that Iraq had nothing to do with Afghanistan nor 911.

Moreover, the Iraq war was a preemptive, illegal war of aggression on a sovereign nation that wasn't a direct threat, hence a war crime of aggression. Add in the torture under the Bush years, and not only did none of this keep us safe but it actually turned global public opinion against us, destabilized the ME, and most likely created more future hazards for us.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Because we got a bunch of idiots that run our country.

Once you understand that the US/West allies will support those who or are compliant with it's global hegemonic aims, and will take down anybody who isn't compliant, it is VERY easy to understand.

You guys think that they are "idiots" because you still think that they are moral, instead of realizing that all of the democracy, human rights rhetoric is just a flimsy facade to mask their imperialism.

We support Saudi Arabia because they work with us to reach our aims in the ME. Nothing less, nothing more. Human rights be damned.
edit on 19-9-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Why do we feel the need to try and stop Iran from building a nuke? B

Let me frame the answer in the way of American politics.

Do you want a bunch of right wing neocons clinging to their guns,religion, and jihad to have nukes ?

The answer should be an obvious no.

The 'Supreme' Leader runs Iran which is a religious theocracy.

Nukes very bad idear.

Especially since they are fighting a proxy war against Saudi Arabia, in Yemen,Iraq,Afghanistan,Somalia,Libya, Syria.

With a second front against the evil Israelis.

Saudi Arabia and Iran is the GREATEST THREAT to world peace.

The last thing the world needs is an nuclear arms race between the SUnni and the Shia.

This sounds just like out of the mouth of CNN or Faux News (or the CIA). "Iran is so evil" blah blah blah.

You can actually legitimately prove that the US/WEstern axis is guilty of exponentially more aggression and funding of aggression world wide compared to Iran. By a longggggggg shot. As in, the list of evils committed by the West is leaps and bounds beyond.

In fact, just make a t-chart, with one half showing the list of the aggressions and wars executed (especially started) by Iran over the past 100 years, and the other side of the chart showing the US.' It's all demonstrable.

I think it will shock you if you simply do this basic exercise. It becomes apparent that once again, the West is guilty of FAR more aggression and I would even say evil than Iran.

The track record is fairly clear. So beyond hyperbole or propaganda, and the fact that yes at times Iran has supported sides in the ME (JUST like other countries and much less so than the west), what do you have to go on regarding continuing demonization of them and keeping them from having peaceful nuclear energy?

Also, point of fact, virtually ALL major intelligence agencies, INCLUDING the CIA, have said that the evidence does not support that Iran is trying to make a bomb. Hence, it's all just military-industrial and elite propaganda.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

No, they're not idiots. They know exactly what they're doing. The chaos in the Middle East has been orchestrated by America, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. 9/11 was carried out by these three allies. Israel planned it, Saudi Arabia funded it, and America allowed it to happen. ISIS was no mistake, it's no coincidence that the weapons and vehicles we left behind in Iraq are now being used by ISIS. If you honestly think ISIS is a legitimate movement that has no connection with Israel, Saudi Arabia, and America, you're deceived. It's all going according to plan and the sheeple are just eating it up.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Not one country is a threat, but we all are as a race. It's easy to blame this country and that country, but we are all guilty at the end of the day because we blindly follow these sociopaths into whatever they throw at us

Well sure, I agree that it's not any one country nor group. In fact, I would argue that the US/Western cabal is nothing more and nothing less than the newest iteration of empire, in the vein of countless others throughout history.

The only real difference is just that technology and transportation have created the ability to project force and control things even more than previous empires.

However, that doesn't mean that the ethics nor psychology are any different.

Similarly, the only real difference between the Aztecs and the Spaniards is that the Spaniards had better technology and a few other things. The Aztecs were brutal imperialists in their own right prior to the conquest. But the brutality, empire-building, and so on weren't all that different. It was more a matter of scale.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Not one country is a threat,

Well according to the OP the US is to world peace.

After 911 a poll of many countries had people believing that the US was a greater threat to peace than Saddam I believe.

Also, yes, invading countries, regime changing leaders, staging coups, funding civil wars, MORE than other countries, makes you the biggest threat to international peace.

This may be simply because we have the higher capacity to do so, and hence do so at a greater scale, but it still is true.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

After 911 a poll of many countries had people believing that the US was a greater threat to peace than Saddam I believe.

And yet we are such a threat that many countries want our help to train their military, and help when they need it...not something that happens when you are the biggest threat to world peace.

Also 9/11 was 14 years ago...how many feel that way now?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Searching protection from a bully generally involves paying the bully to stop.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join