It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the Greatest Threat to World Peace

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just to start this off, I am an American, I have no bias against America other than my knowledge of the war crimes committed by America in the past. Just throwing that out there before people come in calling me a commie or whatever the case may be.

It seems as though America feels the need to be the international police force when it comes to nuclear weapons. We try to prevent other countries from making them all the while we have the biggest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world. Seems as though we want our cake and to eat it too, for lack of a better term. I'd say we're a bunch of hypocrites for trying to regulate other people's resources while we do whatever we want with ours.

Why do we feel the need to try and stop Iran from building a nuke? Because apparently if they build one they'll use it and it'll be the end of the world. This is a bunch of baloney and fear mongering on the part of both the Israeli and American governments. Iran is not going to build a nuke, and even if they did who are we to stop them? Are we somehow harbingers of peace and justice that we get to dictate who has certain weapons and who doesn't? I think not. If anything, America's government and military are the greatest threat to world peace, not Iran. Why you ask? Two words:

Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

We are the only country in history to have ever used atomic bombs on another country, the ONLY one. So how can we claim that someone else is a greater threat than us? We dropped two atomic bombs on Japan, not caring who was within the blast radius. Women and children, old and young were battle fodder for our government, people who had no part in the war. We committed the worst terrorist attack in history in my opinion. For what? To prove a point. What point? Mess with us and get an atomic bomb dropped on your citizens, we don't care who they are or what walk of life they are from.

This is what America did to the Japanese people. People who had no part in the attack on Pearl Harbor. People who had no part in the war whatsoever. America punished generations of Japanese citizens in order to prove that we had the biggest dick in the world so to speak. People are still being born with deformities in the areas that the bombs were dropped. America's decision to drop those bombs was one of the greatest atrocities ever committed in my opinion. Not only did it kill people at the time of them being dropped, it punished those who came afterward as well. That is a tragedy.

So how can we as the only country to ever drop an atomic bomb on another country claim to be harbingers of peace? How can we claim that any other country other than our own is a greater threat to the world?

How long has America been at war? Ever since our country was founded: from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War to WWI to WW2 to Vietnam to the Gulf War to Afghanistan to Iraq and other wars in-between, we as a nation have been warring with ourselves and others ever since we became a nation. Many of those wars predicated by lies, disinformation, and false flags.

We are a country built on war and genocide, we spend more on our military than China, Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy, and Brazil combined. Why is that? Because we are war mongers, there is no doubt about it.

Iran or ISIS the greatest threat to world peace? Pffff, they're nothing compared to America.

Sad thing is, most Americans will never admit this because they have been brainwashed into believing we're the greatest and most free country in the world and that being patriotic toward this war mongering country is somehow noble. It's not noble and to be patriotic toward America is to be a patriot of war and genocide in my opinion.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for this post but I know it to be true. America is nothing like what Americans think. We are the greatest threat to world peace, bar none. History and current events prove that in my opinion.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Pretty ignorant "take" on why the bombs were dropped, imho.

As for keeping nukes out of the hands of countries like Iran: America has had nukes for quite a while now and only used them twice, other than testing them. America doesn't issue a weekly press release calling for wiping another country off the map and out of existence.

Yea, America has done and continues to do some questionable and downright wrong stuff. But please don't sit there and act as if 2015 America is somehow more likely to use a nuke next Tuesday than Iran is.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well I for one think you're right.

But for every flag waver who does so because he /she is patriotic, there are 5 who do it just to fit in. They put no real thought into their actions.

But what are you going to do? People are starting to come to, but it seems to be too few too slowly. Getting frustrated doesn't help, so I just try to make own tiny corner of this country as peaceful as I can.

But if you try to disrupt that, I'll kick your a $$.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We're more likely to use a nuke by the simple fact that we have them and Iran doesn't and we have used them before. Who are you going to be more suspicious of? A known murderer or someone who's never killed another person before?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Give me a break, you want to know who is the single greatest threat? Starts with a Q and ends with a N, ...I will give you a clue....single greatest fake land owner on the planet....and she is a disgusting reptilian shape shifter evil witch.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Who? Only thing that's coming to my mind is Quran, but I doubt that's what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Are we somehow harbingers of peace and justice that we get to dictate who has certain weapons and who doesn't? I think not. If anything, America's government and military are the greatest threat to world peace, not Iran. Why you ask? Two words:

No , it is not the US that decides. It is the world , the United Nations , and the IAEA.
Peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

It's the queen. The she and lizard comment is what makes me think that.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I agree with what you said, America is filled with pride and thinks its bigger and better than everyone else. If someone tried to step up to that pride America would use whatever force it deemed necessary to prove its (has a bigger dick) point. That pride will be its own undoing in the future.....

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well Americans and the American government seem to think Iran doesn't deserve to have nukes while America does. That's what I was referring to there. I know the U.N. makes those decisions officially.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The why is really irrelevant, saying it was used so we didn't have to do a land invasion doesn't really justify it anymore. It was used to set an example as well, drop it on Japan and send the message that you're next in this war.

I do agree that today we probably wouldn't be the first to use it though.
edit on thFri, 18 Sep 2015 22:08:50 -0500America/Chicago920155080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thFri, 18 Sep 2015 22:09:11 -0500America/Chicago920151180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The queen is what i thought also of what u meant. Well im british and cant stand the royal family, why be a monarch if u dont rule your nation, but instead hand your power to a house of dogs (the government) and thieves!!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Not this old chestnut again?

No, America is not the biggest threat to world peace - the Military / Industrial complex sustained by the global ruling elite that uses US Military to enforce it's policies is the greatest threat to world peace.

You can blame your politicians and corporate oligarchs for that.

The propaganda is simply developed to make folks think it's America (and by association - average Joe from America)
edit on 18-9-2015 by Sublimecraft because: threat - not thread

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Our military is what I was referring to. Whether it is being used by others for their own benefit is irrelevant, the fact is our military and government is what is being used. Take away a shooters gun and he's no longer a threat, the gun is where the threat lies.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Our military is what I was referring to. Whether it is being used by others for their own benefit is irrelevant, the fact is our military and government is what is being used. Take away a shooters gun and he's no longer a threat, the gun is where the threat lies.

That's probably what Cain said to able.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Please dude. You know what the point I made was, don't play semantics. In your magical "no big deal if Iran starts stockpiling nuclear arms" scenario, who's more likely to use them? Gonna go with Iran. Whether the US used them in 1945 during a global war is really rather immaterial to who's likely to use them in 2015 to "make a point."

And seriously? I'm not even going to address the continued ignorance about why they were dropped on Japan. Yea, they made a point. The point was "surrender or we'll keep doing this because we're not willing to sacrifice a million of our men to force your surrender." That's not quite the "point" you're pretending it was (aka nanny nanny boo boo we have nukes and you don't!)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

So let's start with USA's war crimes? The USA is not a bright shining star but what war crimes have they had to stand up against in a global court?

The USA is asked to be a military force/ police force for more conflicts than we engage into.

We are a nation wanting to not see another nuclear engagement.

Not sure where you get your photo from, lets look at reality: en.wikipedia.org...

That is what the USA did to a Japanese person (twice) , and here is where I leave responding to your hypersensitive not based in fact post.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Just to start this off, I am an American, I have no bias against America other than my knowledge of the war crimes committed by America in the past. Just throwing that out there before people come in calling me a commie or whatever the case may be.

It seems as though America feels the need to be the international police force when it comes to nuclear weapons. We try to prevent other countries from making them all the while we have the biggest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world. Seems as though we want our cake and to eat it too, for lack of a better term. I'd say we're a bunch of hypocrites for trying to regulate other people's resources while we do whatever we want with ours.

Why do we feel the need to try and stop Iran from building a nuke? Because apparently if they build one they'll use it and it'll be the end of the world. This is a bunch of baloney and fear mongering on the part of both the Israeli and American governments. Iran is not going to build a nuke, and even if they did who are we to stop them? Are we somehow harbingers of peace and justice that we get to dictate who has certain weapons and who doesn't? I think not. If anything, America's government and military are the greatest threat to world peace, not Iran. Why you ask? Two words:

Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

We are the only country in history to have ever used atomic bombs on another country, the ONLY one. So how can we claim that someone else is a greater threat than us? We dropped two atomic bombs on Japan, not caring who was within the blast radius. Women and children, old and young were battle fodder for our government, people who had no part in the war. We committed the worst terrorist attack in history in my opinion. For what? To prove a point. What point? Mess with us and get an atomic bomb dropped on your citizens, we don't care who they are or what walk of life they are from.

This is what America did to the Japanese people. People who had no part in the attack on Pearl Harbor. People who had no part in the war whatsoever. America punished generations of Japanese citizens in order to prove that we had the biggest dick in the world so to speak. People are still being born with deformities in the areas that the bombs were dropped. America's decision to drop those bombs was one of the greatest atrocities ever committed in my opinion. Not only did it kill people at the time of them being dropped, it punished those who came afterward as well. That is a tragedy.

So how can we as the only country to ever drop an atomic bomb on another country claim to be harbingers of peace? How can we claim that any other country other than our own is a greater threat to the world?

How long has America been at war? Ever since our country was founded: from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War to WWI to WW2 to Vietnam to the Gulf War to Afghanistan to Iraq and other wars in-between, we as a nation have been warring with ourselves and others ever since we became a nation. Many of those wars predicated by lies, disinformation, and false flags.

We are a country built on war and genocide, we spend more on our military than China, Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy, and Brazil combined. Why is that? Because we are war mongers, there is no doubt about it.

Iran or ISIS the greatest threat to world peace? Pffff, they're nothing compared to America.

Sad thing is, most Americans will never admit this because they have been brainwashed into believing we're the greatest and most free country in the world and that being patriotic toward this war mongering country is somehow noble. It's not noble and to be patriotic toward America is to be a patriot of war and genocide in my opinion.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for this post but I know it to be true. America is nothing like what Americans think. We are the greatest threat to world peace, bar none. History and current events prove th
at in my opinion.

Sounds like you need a beer with Obama and get somethings cleared up. Maybe follow that up with a beer with all current candidates as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

No one should have nuclear weapons. They're a blight on the world no matter who has them.

I wasn't making a point that Iran should make nukes, I was only pointing out the hypocrisy and irony of America and Israel claiming that Iran is the biggest threat to the world. History shows the opposite to be true.

And your reason for us dropping those bombs isn't that much different from mine. We did it to prove a point, that we had the biggest dick and we'd keep slapping them with it if they didn't surrender. Same concept.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You really believe that guy wasn't the exception to the rule? Those bombs destroyed generations of lives. You can't just look at that one person and ignore everyone else, that's ignorant.

Take a look at this link to get an idea of the damage done by the bombs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join