It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do to stop the madness of the immigration issue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Exactly. People like to look at the symptoms (people fleeing from areas a, b, and c) without looking at the causes (rampant poverty, crippling sanctions, global initiatives which keep those areas impoverished).

I forget her name, but this quote from a South American nun sums it up well. "If you help the poor, they call you a saint. If you ask why they're poor, they call you a communist."

Also, people have to realize that wealthy countries broadcast their luxurious lifestyles all over the world. People in the poorest of countries can still easily see the massive contracts star athletes & musicians can get, as well as the multi-million dollar philanthropic causes of celebrities & the uber wealthy. And many of them think our citizens live the way daily life is portrayed in successful sitcoms & movies.

Plus our countries always announce massive aid programs & donations, especially after disasters. Some people in poorer countries actually think our communities and governments have excess billions just sitting around in case poor people somewhere else need help. So our constant promotion of Westernization actually inspires people to want to come & share in the dream.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Exactly. People like to look at the symptoms (people fleeing from areas a, b, and c) without looking at the causes

Add one thing - warfare expenses - US of A, Russia, China.
Game's on.
Look, after 1989 warfare had heavy cut on funding.
World's ecopnomy, driven by REALITY was able to drive it until....9/11 was made.
Then we have total STHF since then.

sorry for my english.
edit on 2-9-2015 by xoenneox because: drunk, allright, yea.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: xoenneox
Can I ask - how many of Libyans were fleeing while Mu'ammar al-Kaddafi was alive?
I think, that many of US citizens were happy to see killing of this man.
Had fun?
Thank you.
Go on, US....cash's flowin'.

Libyans for the most part aren't fleeing, but many Africans are now using the country as a launching off point. Gaddaffi did once threaten to do the exact same thing to the EU - Gaddaffi - Europe will "turn black" unless they cough up cash

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

What age are you? You are either naive or ignorant. Most of the big countries in Europe have contributed to the he'll these people are fleeing. It's great to be on this side looking at the mice abandoning ship we have sunk.

Money is not a real thing. People are.....it's clear you haven't suffered because if you had then you would not wish it on anyone.

You ought to be ashamed....you are the very reason the elite are able to run amok.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
So our constant promotion of Westernization actually inspires people to want to come & share in the dream.

Quite why they don't take that as an inspiration to change things in their own countries is a bloody mystery though. In many African countries, the forces of the state are weak and minuscule in comparison to their populations. With a bit of organisation and common sense, they could actually effect change back at home, but they don't for the most part.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Can I ask - how many of Libyans were fleeing while Mu'ammar al-Kaddafi was alive?
I think, that many of US citizens were happy to see killing of this man.
Had fun?
Thank you.
Go on, US....cash's flowin'.

Libyans for the most part aren't fleeing, but many Africans are now using the country as a launching off point. Gaddaffi did once threaten to do the exact same thing to the EU - Gaddaffi - Europe will "turn black" unless they cough up cash

No...mate what do you mean with that - "Europe will "turn black" unless they cough up cash" - to whom?
No, it is not the way....they may cough up the cash, but we both know - this is not going to fix that mess.
WAR - endless war is making weird illusions, while someone takes a cash there.

btw, one more thing:
I am opposite to idea of free, uncontrolled emigration, sorry.
My continent, my rules, that's all.
edit on 2-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Most of the Migrants come from sub-Saharan Africa and south east Asia. Just what "hell" is it they are fleeing and why is it the Europeans fault?

Many of these countries should be the richest in the world, but they are badly run, corrupt, often tribal societies. That isn't the fault of the EU, but a fault of the people who live there.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Everything you say is exactly what the mass should be thinking.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here's a good read explaining the situation happening in the Syrian civil war:

Link

An estimated 220,000 people have been slaughtered in the crossfire in the past 4 years with an additional 11 million more being forced from their homes. And those numbers are rising each and every day.

And to make matters worse, ISIS and Jihadists moved in and jumped on the prime opportunity to get in on the action and slaughter some warm bodies too... 'just because'. So now what started out as an internal civil war has become a global terrorist's wet dream come true.

It's f'ing genocide going on over there.

Jump into a dingy in an attempt to save your family, or sit around with your thumb up your ass waiting for Jihadists to walk through your door and slaughter your loved ones ?

Take your pick.

I just love how people sitting in the comfort of the armchairs not worried about facing imminent death on a 24 hour basis take it upon themselves to pass judgement on peoples thousands of miles away desperately trying to do whatever the hell it takes to stay alive.

link   
a reply to: xoenneox

I'm proud of my nations singular achievements, xoen.

I'm not proud of my country men's rhetoric nor the laughable "solutions" of our elected officials.

I'm disgusted at those.

link   

No...mate what do you mean with that - "Europe will "turn black" unless they cough up cash" - to whom?

If you read the article, you won't need to ask the friggin question.... That was the title of the article which is a quote Gaddafi said back in 2010.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Read the confessions of an economic hit man and you will get an idea of why these countries are f*cked

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: xoenneox

I'm proud of my nations singular achievements, xoen.

I'm not proud of my country men's rhetoric nor the laughable "solutions" of our elected officials.

I'm disgusted at those.

Churchill, his knowledge - it will save you.
I am aware, that some of Brits may not love him, but damn, he was right, sharp man.
Trust no one, when/while you country is at danger.
Ok, good luck.

Sorry for my english...
edit on 2-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I just love how people sitting in the comfort of the armchairs not worried about facing imminent death on a 24 hour basis take it upon themselves to pass judgement on peoples thousands of miles away desperately trying to do whatever the hell it takes to stay alive.

But they aren't facing "imminent" death when they decide to jump in a dinghy. They have already passed through at least one safe country before making that decision, often it is several.

Besides, the amount of Syrians fleeing to Europe as a proportion of the whole mass is relatively small. Most are from Africa, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Sir.
We, lemmings cannot do anything.
They should stop wars, that's it.
You cannot stop a war, ok?
War is a business, allright?
Someone want wars, endless wars - endless cash.

That's the way I see it as well. Eventually WW3 will begin and most of us will be killed as collateral damage or immigrants ourselves.

No! Don't say that. You are usually not so defeatist. Eventually they will do something on our own soil, big as 911, which we will be forced to respond with boots on the ground and all the viciousness we are capable of. Problem solved amidst thousands of maimed or dead soldiers, and thousands of Arab casualties . I dread it. But that will be the inevitable end

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

Read the confessions of an economic hit man and you will get an idea of why these countries are f*cked

Ah yes, the unsourced, frothy ramblings of a conspiracy whackjob... I'll add it to my reading list

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: paraphi

What age are you? You are either naive or ignorant.

Charming.

It's a bit more complicated than just blaming Europe for the problems of these nations. However, part of the solution in many of these nations is for Muslims to stop killing and persecuting Muslims. This situation has been going on for decades - it's not a recent manifestation. What's recent is that the old order of dictators are being challenged. Do you really think Libya was not a brutal place for many o the citizens, or Iraq, or Syria?

Other countries with rife poverty, such as Zimbabwe, are just corrupt and will only change when they have their own "uprisings".

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

But they aren't facing "imminent" death when they decide to jump in a dinghy.

Well let's see....

Take the chance at survival in the hopes that a dinghy might make it across ?

OR

Sit and wait for a group of men to break through your door and force you to watch them rape your wife and children before they slit their throats ?

They have already passed through at least one safe country before making that decision, often it is several.

You mean the countries that are showing them the front door because they can't take on any more refugees, save the hundreds of thousands they've already taken on ? The majority of refugees have been flocking to neighbouring countries, but now those areas are getting saturated.

When you're getting booted from a location, you've got no choice but to grab your family and try to head to another location elsewhere.

People will do whatever they have to in an attempt to save themselves and their families... as would each and every one of us if we were in their shoes.

"Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his mocassins." ~ Native proverb

I for one choose to not even attempt to try to comprehend what these people must be going through right now in that part of the world. But what I do know is I would take any and every risk imaginable if it meant even the slightest hope of saving my family from being slaughtered.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just close the border. Our borders where never this porous in the years following WW2. The politicians have mucked up this situation and created the problems we have today. We can stop 100% of the border crossings if the people have the will to do so. Open borders was never meant to be a issue in America.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: olaru12

Sir.
We, lemmings cannot do anything.
They should stop wars, that's it.
You cannot stop a war, ok?
War is a business, allright?
Someone want wars, endless wars - endless cash.

That's the way I see it as well. Eventually WW3 will begin and most of us will be killed as collateral damage or immigrants ourselves.

No! Don't say that. You are usually not so defeatist. Eventually they will do something on our own soil, big as 911, which we will be forced to respond with boots on the ground and all the viciousness we are capable of. Problem solved amidst thousands of maimed or dead soldiers, and thousands of Arab casualties . I dread it. But that will be the inevitable end

Sorry, I don't view my attitudes as defeatist; more along the lines of "realists". I just see eventually the Zionists using nukes against someone in the ME and then all bets are off as the lines are drawn and the exchanges escalate until Armageddon and the apocalypse cause the world to go.....whaaa????!!!???

I even believe the divisions in the US are a portent of nasty, ugly things to come. Glad I don't have kids, to witness the coming BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join