It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Death Spiral and the Methane Time Bomb

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

these are not excuses, some are using their smartphones out of wifi range, some are using limited data plan at home - are you willing to pay for my bandwidth? didn't think so.

and writing a narrative of a video is mandatory on ATS, especially for videos of this length. with your post count, you should be well aware of it by now.

video self explanatory thanks to the title? now at least we know you're not being serious.

as for the thread - i did read it all.

as for the OP - there's almost nothing there besides drama, 'watch the video', more drama, edgar cayce, even more drama. after reading the whole thread one can only suspect that your only solution to the whole thing is moving to higher ground. what are you doing here then, when you should be packing your bags? tick tock tick tock...

you want to warn people, you want them to organize, but i'll repeat myself - for the last time - you're doing it wrong. drop the damn drama and start focusing on facts - this thread, watered down to 6 pages of complaining and rude comments equal to 'watch the video or gtfo', could fit on a single page with just the facts and nothing else. i was hoping you'll smell the sarcasm in my first post, but you didn't. the thing is, all the facts posted here really sink in the amount of drama you're throwing around.

stop it. we're not doomed. not even close.

not yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nope.... some people on ATS ( NOT NAMING NAMES) focus on everything but the OP. They are too lazy and want to be spoon fed is the reason I didn't say much about the video. Even if you scanned the video in the time you had you wouldn't. Not actually meaning YOU... but YOU didn't listen to the video nor have you read any links I've posted. The material is lost in the thread and derailed now yet you mention the less than descriptive thesis on a video.

The ice melting and warming of the oceans are a concern of mine. If you do not agree.. fine. Talk about what you don't agree with but to continuously take away from it is a waste of time.

I have posted so much material we could talk about. But here we are... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

BEING a part in a thread constructively should be a goal of ATS members.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Even if you scanned the video in the time you had you wouldn't. Not actually meaning YOU... but YOU didn't listen to the video nor have you read any links I've posted.

I have pointed out that I am aware of the concerns about Arctic methane. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that I know more about it than you do. I do not rely upon youtube videos for my information.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I've posted more than a video. You know that.

I'm sure you think you know more than me about everything. That wouldn't surprise me.

If you or Ham girl want to take away from the seriousness of the thread and all the links and papers I have posted around this site regarding this issue over the years... fine. Your choice.

I've done what I set out to do. I put it out there for ATS ...

See ya.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Are you ok? Your so angry all over this forum.... maybe take a break?

We are doomed if this issue doesn't stabilize.

Put your head back in the sand.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

How can it be stabilized?
What's causing it?

edit on 8/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumberWarrior
First dibs on the thread title for the name of a band!

Not sure which genre though.

Death Metal or some sort of Psychadelic Pop?

However.......on topic.......the general gist of the OP has an element of plausibility to it the detail is more than likely way off. No matter how clever we think we are we not very good at all at predicting future earth events. My guess is we never will be. It's like the Chaos Theory and The Butterfly Effect at work and it's far too complex and unpredictable. Even computer models would come up with hundreds of different outcomes just by tweaking different variables by small amounts. And we can't even agree on those variables in the real world so what's the point? Apart from to sell doom to those that find change even on a catastrophic level globally so appealing simply on the basis that its a break from the dogma of day to day life.

Nah. Just get on with your lives and enjoy each day as best you can. Change is inevitable but it probably ain't gonna happen overnight. We've probably got another couple of generations left in us before we
reach the end of our current epoch.

Just wanted to say thank you for understanding the OP. I didn't think it was that hard.

The issue is too complex, this is true.

“There hasn’t been one explanation yet that I’d say has become a consensus, where people say, ‘We’ve nailed it, this is why it’s happening,’” Parkinson said. “Our models are improving, but they’re far from perfect. One by one, scientists are figuring out that particular variables are more important than we thought years ago, and one by one those variables are getting incorporated into the models.”
For Antarctica, key variables include the atmospheric and oceanic conditions, as well as the effects of an icy land surface, changing atmospheric chemistry, the ozone hole, months of darkness and more.
“Its really not surprising to people in the climate field that not every location on the face of Earth is acting as expected – it would be amazing if everything did,” Parkinson said. “The Antarctic sea ice is one of those areas where things have not gone entirely as expected. So it’s natural for scientists to ask, ‘OK, this isn’t what we expected, now how can we explain it?’”
science.nasa.gov...

The political implications are on a grand scale too. Scientists are all over the board possibly due to who is getting paid.

The arctic as mentioned before does have a lot to gain $$ wise.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How can it be stabilized?

You tell me Phage. How can we stabilize it?

Where do we begin?

I keep thinking Mother Nature will take care of it before we do because we are too busy arguing which is only distracting and wasting time we may not really have. Not saying its all doom and gloom... but its serious.

We have a lot of greed as major players. Seems like we will have to begin there, but how.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Where do we begin?

Deja vu?
By reducing carbon emissions.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Where do we begin?

Deja vu?
By reducing carbon emissions.

Yep! Deja vu...

You still only have that for a solution? That's really all you got?

Do you seriously think that will stabilize it?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Do you seriously think that will stabilize it?

First it will slow the rate of change. Providing time to develop further solutions.
Hey, we might get lucky. Maybe even enough time for a massive volcanic period which would reduce solar insolation.
Or maybe enough time so the Sun might go into a period of reduced irradiance.

But mostly time to develop further solutions. Just in case we aren't so lucky.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I wonder how long it would take before we see a decrease by only reducing carbon emissions?

The plan is there to do just that but it seems as if it is not happening quick enough.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The plan is there to do just that but it seems as if it is not happening quick enough.

The voices of denial are powerful (wealthy) and do not take kindly to threats to their profits.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So we need to prove that we ARE the cause of the warming before we can try things out ??

I think it would be more fun to play with it if we are NOT the cause.

I wish indeed the oceans would actually noticeable rise where I live, cant see any rise yet, been waiting for 20 years now.

Cmon OCEAN, rise already so we can DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Debate over what proportion of causative blame rests with natural phenomena versus anthropogenic factors aside (as I lack the education and intelligence to determine for myself definitively what numbers, models, and predictions are correct and which aren't - no shame in being humble enough to admit that,) what I do know as a layperson is that the UNFCCC will hold POP21 later this year.

This has been depicted by some as the "last chance" for the world to reach serious consensus about reducing carbon emissions enough, and fast enough, to - at least according to their predictions - prevent warming above 2 degrees Celsius (relative to what they term pre-industrial global average temperature.) Even that, evidently, isn't sufficient to impact certain severe climate change scenarios, but is better than even higher increases apparently.

Again, I'm a layperson. I don't know if the data is accurate or how to even determine that. But if what I've been reading is correct, beyond 2 degrees Celsius some (many?) predict runaway climate change that we can no longer effectively control through carbon emissions reduction alone. Whether that really is the "last chance" or whether that's hyperbole, I also don't know.

But it does seem to be a very important conference. It's happening this December, and some news outlets have described it as "200 days to save the world." (Again, potentially just hyperbole - I don't know.)

So one thing people might wish to do, If they're searching for some sort of action they can at least feel they're taking, is write to and petition the relevant authorities regarding POP21 and urging them to take bold action. Because achieving the "halt at 2 degrees" goal will apparently require bold, dramatic action compared to what has been done up to this point.

From what I'm reading - again, I cannot vouch for or deny it, I'll leave that to those more knowledgeable than myself - to achieve this would require the world to be carbon neutral by 2050 (which does not mean zero emissions, but emissions sufficiently curtailed to have no net carbon impact,) and for carbon emissions to peak no later than 2020. This seems like a daunting task indeed if true.

That's all I've got. Make of it what you will.

I share your concern, if not the intensity of some conclusions being worked with, and I do believe, if at all possible, we should try to do what we can to urge action toward something like those goals. How exactly to do that though, I don't know. I can't find any petitions deliverable to the UNFCCC or anything of the like anywhere, so... your guess as to what we can do is as good as mine, apart from writing to our representatives and trying to reduce our own personal carbon footprints.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Yes we can create that reality we prefer, this is the time for it...when we focus and live each moment with excitement, we tap into the energy shift or mass awakening that's happening right now, and accelerate the excitment, love and peace.

Truly exciting times it is.

Peace

LoL I find it most exciting to watch those who believe they came here to "prefer realities" and pretend that other ones even exist anymore.

The real moment of excitement will be generated when the full extent of the truth is revealed, and all those as yourselves realize you never learnt or experienced anything new here, and that love and peace was actually decelerating so fast it looked like it was speeding up.

Perception bends reality to look different....but I challenge ANYONE to actually try and change reality, any realities, no one has done it yet.... and this is why nothing has changed !!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

To avoid derailing this thread, lets leave that for a separate discussion..

But as it is what you are your views on the subject matter? What do you think is really happening?

Peace

edit on 31-8-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Sure you can,commit suicide,it will change DRASTICALLY.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
There is a bacteria that eats the methane but the problem is all of the militaries police and alphabet agencies are protecting the people that want to kill us.

I have tried a few ways of waking people up the last attempt ended up with Anonymous doing the operation Deatheaters where people actually marched on the politicians houses, but it seems the public do not care that the governments are full of paedophiles and being controlled by what seem to be aliens if that's the right word as they cannot be human.

There is talk concerning Ben Fulford and that the Pentagon are about to remove the Zionists who are doing this.
TBH don't hold your breath that the militaries are going to intervene as they are pretty much there to just protect the ones that are doing this.

When so many people have sold their souls its very difficult to wake people up just have a look at how stupid people are gladly drinking fluoridated water and lining up to grab the latest vaccine.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Methane release is a real issue. No scientist even disagrees about a methane release and that it would be fatal for the human race. Please, before you comment at least watch the video and try to explain how it's not spraying.

The real question is why it's happening, and it's not the reason you think:
www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

They have been spraying for many years and have depleted the ozone layer, by continuing to spray they are causing this. They have to be stopped or we are all dead pretty much.

FYI: The last 2 years we have had record amounts of methane releasing

Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025
csat.au.af.mil...

edit on 31-8-2015 by dannnodot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join