It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyTede

where are they being funded by the taxpayers??? they aren't, unless there's a medical reason that demands it, it's against the law!!!

a fact that has been stated over and over again but some just wish to ignore, or well claim that it's a lie, whatever.

edit on 12-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I am sorry I misunderstood then, my sincere apologies...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

My bad really...

I meant what I said BTW, you ARE loved.

Just remember you're not alone and we are all connected.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

edit on 8/12/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
the money that the gov't provides pp doesn't go for abortions, pp provides more than just abortions and no, I don't believe they are saying they would be able to provide abortions if the money was taken, I believe there are saying it would hurt ALL of their services.....

but well I am sure if you spend enough time reading through the various threads, you've been told this also.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyTede

originally posted by: dawnstar

where are they being funded by the taxpayers??? they aren't, unless there's a medical reason that demands it, it's against the law!!!

a fact that has been stated over and over again but some just wish to ignore, or well claim that it's a lie, whatever.

500 million in federal funds a year to planned parenthood. Take it away and they say they won't be able to provide abortions. Logic dictates federal fund abortions. I don't even know why I argue with yall, the game of life has already determined winners and losers. ATS seems like it should be left for you all to get your consolation prize.

No, they'll have to perform MORE abortions, because there will be less contraceptive services if the funding goes away.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

500 million in federal funds a year to planned parenthood. Take it away and they say they won't be able to provide abortions. Logic dictates federal fund abortions. I don't even know why I argue with yall, the game of life has already determined winners and losers. ATS seems like it should be left for you all to get your consolation prize.

No, they'll have to perform MORE abortions, because there will be less contraceptive services if the funding goes away.

doesnt medicare cover contraception?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

But the funding doesn't go away, it just goes to health clinics which provide all of the same services except abortions. Someday yall will learn there's a reason you're poor.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

Not everybody qualifies for medicare.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

another issue that I am tired of trying to explain....
no everyone is covered by medicare, matter or fact, medicare is mainly for senior citizens. but continue on.....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Under Affordable Care Act (ACA) rules, starting in 2012, women enrolled in most health plans and health insurance policies (non-grandfathered plans and policies) are guaranteed coverage for recommended preventive care, including all FDA-approved contraceptive services prescribed by a health care provider, without cost sharing.

www.cms.gov...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ya and I've done a search, and well, have to ask, name a few of the clinics in you area providing the same services that would be getting his money???
all that I can find in this area is the country health dept.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

another issue that I am tired of trying to explain....
no everyone is covered by medicare, matter or fact, medicare is mainly for senior citizens. but continue on.....

then people need to get some health insurance or pay the $10 or whatever it is for the pill from a pharmacy or their doctor....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

Yep, as does obamacare which provides at least one in each of the 18 FDA approved categories.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

ya and I've done a search, and well, have to ask, name a few of the clinics in you area providing the same services that would be getting his money???
all that I can find in this area is the country health dept.

any general healthcare clinic can deal with all ailments....i mean are you serious right now??

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

ya, sure.....between the deductable and the premium costs AFTER the subsidy, one of my sons would have been shelling out most of his yearly income!!!
which makes the whole thing kind of useless, wouldn't you say???

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Am I eligible for Medicare if I am under 65?

There are three ways you can get Medicare coverage if you are under 65 years of age.

1. You are eligible for Medicare if you are a U.S. citizen or have your resident visa, have lived in the U.S. for five years in a row; and

You have a disability and have been receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) for more than 24 months.

Or

2. You have been diagnosed with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and you

are getting dialysis treatments or have had a kidney transplant;
apply for Medicare benefits (up to 12 months retroactively);and
you
are eligible to receive SSDI;

Or

3. You have been diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.

Also, the ACA only covers people who have insurance. Many still don't.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

i mean if a woman needs a pap smear, or mammogram, cant she go and get that at a general healthcare clinic? or like planned parenthood will they outsource you to somewhere that does?
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

But the funding doesn't go away, it just goes to health clinics which provide all of the same services except abortions. Someday yall will learn there's a reason you're poor.

First, there are areas where Planned Parenthood is the only place where people have easy access to a clinic.
Second, those health clinics are going to have a very hard time keeping up with the increase in patients if PP stops providing those services. The funding would have to be spread out among all of them, so each one won't get the 500 million. Third, what makes you so sure they won't start providing abortion services?

And I'm not poor - I'm upper middle class - don't have to work because my husband's salary is more than enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join