It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

umm ya, great list!!!!

seems that I have spent more time looking for a place in my area, than you have trying to find any place in the whole country!!!

guess I will do you job for you....
this is the map of the virginia, west virginia area....
the red dots are free and charitable clinics in the area....
the are three dots for my area....

one's the free clinic I mentioned earlier, although you have to be employed to qualify, so I don't think I would although that is the one I said I was gonna talk to just to see if they have the nerve to refuse me...

one is a mental health clinic, which well might do me some good, but ain't really gonna do anyone much good when it comes to birth control and such

the third one is the within the rescue mission, and well it serves the homeless, and is also religious based..... so well, it might not wish to deal with birth control anyways, and well, it's a shame one has to become homeless before one can get healthcare, don't ya think?

the only other place I know of is the county health services and I assure you they cannot handle to increase in patients that would come from planned parenthood.... and well, the cost to adapt would be 100% funded by taxpayers!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You have proven precisely squat.

Your rather unique opinion is not proof.

You should really consider your own decorum before using profanity to critique someone else's.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

i already showed you that babies are surviving at 22 weeks....therefor viable

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.nytimes.com...

time.com...

www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You should really consider your own decorum before using profanity to critique someone else's.

can you stop farting out your pithy bullcrap all over my lovely post.....you are becoming monotonous

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

what profanity exactly?...ill wait

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
have you ever looked into the costs involved....
it's more than most of us here make in a five years....and that's just the treatment some of these babies will need the first year.

who pays for it?? if the mother is lucky and insured, well, the insurance might pay for around 80%, maybe less since obamacare has increased the deductable to insanity also.... if she's uninsured, well, she might end up owing the whole amount!!!!

or, if she's really lucky, the gov't -- read taxpayers-- will get to pay all of it for her.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
can you stop farting out your pithy bullcrap all over my lovely post.....you are becoming monotonous

If didn't already have a nice sig quote, I'd be tempted to borrow that...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
have you ever looked into the costs involved....
it's more than most of us here make in a five years....and that's just the treatment some of these babies will need the first year.

who pays for it?? if the mother is lucky and insured, well, the insurance might pay for around 80%, maybe less since obamacare has increased the deductable to insanity also.... if she's uninsured, well, she might end up owing the whole amount!!!!

or, if she's really lucky, the gov't -- read taxpayers-- will get to pay all of it for her.

were talking about viability....

if a woman chooses an abortion fine..if a woman is pregnant and goes into early labour at 22 weeks her baby now has a higher chance of living.

if viability is at 22 weeks then abortions shouldnt be carried out after that ...unless they are a risk to mothers health or severely diisabled

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: kellyjay

If didn't already have a nice sig quote, I'd be tempted to borrow that...

lol!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Women don't, liberal women who need their lives subsidized do.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've thought about this question.

My response: Why should this question even be asked?

What is with the war against women?

GOP can't use Marriage Equality anymore, so this is their focus now.

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
and then well they go for the tests to determine if the baby is suffering from any severe genetic abnormalities and well, woops!! guess what, you now have to bring a baby with only half a brain into the world, and well, pay for the care we provide it to keep it alive till it dies...thank you so much for your business!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

and then well they go for the tests to determine if the baby is suffering from any severe genetic abnormalities and well, woops!! guess what, you now have to bring a baby with only half a brain into the world, and well, pay for the care we provide it to keep it alive till it dies...thank you so much for your business!!!

no, because medicaid cover the cost of medical abortions.....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Your first source clearly says tax payers don't pay for abortions. That's the point that I'm making, I don't care that tax dollars go to pro abortion groups, I'm talking about abortions and that's it. I don't care about advertising or anything else, that's not the point in making. Your third source confirms PP receives money for abortions from the woman getting it, not tax dollars.

You mad tax dollars are going to this group or that? Well welcome to the club of Americans mad that tax money is being misspent.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Most 22 week preemies will not survive. The legal term for viability doesn't include "extraordinary measures" that need to be taken to save a 22 week preemie. Federal law still allows for abortions on demand up to legal viability.

Consider this: At 25 weeks gestation or younger, a tiny baby can fit in the palm of a hand. Its skin is gelatinous -- red and shiny and prone to infection like a burn victim -- and sloughs off in the doctor's hand. The baby's windpipe is so small it can be crushed by a breathing tube.

And there is the pain, treated with narcotics that can cause dependency and withdrawal symptoms.

The long-term prognosis for babies this young includes mental retardation, blindness, deafness, cerebral palsy and — in the best scenario — learning disabilities.

------------------

A database run by the University of Iowa's Department of Pediatrics lists seven babies born at 23 weeks between 1994 and 2003, still a small number. Without extraordinary care, most of these babies die. But in the 25-week age group, about 50 percent survive.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Most 22 week preemies will not survive. The legal term for viability doesn't include "extraordinary measures" that need to be taken to save a 22 week preemie. Federal law still allows for abortions on demand up to legal viability.

Consider this: At 25 weeks gestation or younger, a tiny baby can fit in the palm of a hand. Its skin is gelatinous -- red and shiny and prone to infection like a burn victim -- and sloughs off in the doctor's hand. The baby's windpipe is so small it can be crushed by a breathing tube.

And there is the pain, treated with narcotics that can cause dependency and withdrawal symptoms.

The long-term prognosis for babies this young includes mental retardation, blindness, deafness, cerebral palsy and — in the best scenario — learning disabilities.

------------------

A database run by the University of Iowa's Department of Pediatrics lists seven babies born at 23 weeks between 1994 and 2003, still a small number. Without extraordinary care, most of these babies die. But in the 25-week age group, about 50 percent survive.

abcnews.go.com...

it doesnt matter ho manty survive, the very fact that babies can and have survived at 22 weks means that babies at this stage can and have been viable

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sorry, but that isn't the legal definition of viability.

.............having reached such a stage of development as to be capable of living, under normal conditions, outside the uterus.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 12-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

please understand this, because I am not gonna explain it to you again....
I am a 57 year old widow,
with absolutely no income whatsoever...
medicaid doesn't cover me, and it doesn't cover alot of other people!!
maybe you should go look at the qualifications for the states that didn't chose to expand their medicaid programs and find out just what the qualifications are for it!!!

(post by JohnnyTede removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

please understand this, because I am not gonna explain it to you again....
I am a 57 year old widow,
with absolutely no income whatsoever...
medicaid doesn't cover me, and it doesn't cover alot of other people!!
maybe you should go look at the qualifications for the states that didn't chose to expand their medicaid programs and find out just what the qualifications are for it!!!

then obamacare is a flop...i thought that was intended to give people like you insurance?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join