It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women REALLY need Planned Parenthood?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
actually if you think about it..they get 500 million a year, between 700 clinics, thats arond 160-170k per clinic, thats actually not that much, i can see why they commited fraud on a few occasions...pity they got busted

Except, no. They didn't. You should read this:

I watched all 12 hours of the unedited Planned Parenthood videos. Here’s what I learned.

It's a very unbiased take on the planned parenthood issue.

This is a consistent theme throughout the 12 hours of video footage: Planned Parenthood officials emphasize, repeatedly, that they do not see fetal tissue as a revenue stream, nor do they intend to make money off of fetal tissue procurement.

Rather, they talk about it as a service they can provide to researchers and patients — something that patients want to participate in and that they want to facilitate, provided it does not lose their clinic any money.

This is the type of footage that tends to get edited out of the Center for Medical Progress clips — and it's much more prevalent than the troublesome moments I'll discuss later.

Though honestly, I have my doubts that you are truly looking to tackle this issue from an unbiased front.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

they haven't been proven to have committed any crime.....
till that happens, I am sorry, all this defunding is a tad bit shortsighted since well the supreme court has already determined that they can't defund any organization from the gov't funding for women's health needs (title whatever it is) simply for providing abortion services.....that gov't funding just can't go to pay for abortion.
the states have already been warned by the federal gov't not to jump the gun on this and defund.

and as I pointed out companies have done much worse things and haven't gotten their gov't funnel of money pulled, heck haliburton poisoned our troops with contaminated water, and the gov't still did business with them!

first step in the process though should be to have it proven, have everything laid out before a judge or an investigation committee, and well let them determine if anything was done illegally....

public opinion is not a proper court of law!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

5 sites out of 700 sites.

At worst. Of course, that's based on shaky, contrived and fraudulently-obtained "evidence" but still, worst case scenario, that's what we're actually talking about here.

Remember the potential costs of a such an "investigation" based on such poor evidence the next time your friendly-neighborhood conswervative is crying about "government spending and overreach."

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

ya, I know which is why I keep saying if all these investigations come up with nothing wrong with planned parenthood and they find that cmp broke a bunch of laws in the process of creating the video, they should as least make sure they recoup some of the money from cmp to help offset the costs of the investigations!
otherwise this group will just reorganize, rename themselves, and come back yet again, and we can got through the whole thing over and over and over...wasting money and wasting time that our gov't should be using to actually do something constructive!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

removed=off topic

edit on 14-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well going by what happened to Live Action, I doubt they'll even need to reorganize. It's not like Live Action doesn't exist anymore.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

well, maybe after the investigations are done, and nothing is found, some lawyers would like to pick up a class action lawsuit against them, we the taxpayers can be plaintiffs because they've maliciously wasted our taxmoney, those who have been harmed because of the actions of overzealous actions of lawmakers, ect.

or well, the penalty for taping conversations without the party knowing about it in california includes jailtime along with hefty fines, maybe they will learn a lesson by spending time in jail...

we can dream, can't we???

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
we can dream, can't we???

Yes... yes we can... I certainly am. Though I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'll take whatever victory we can get. Even if that means we have to resign ourselves to having to deal with this stupidity in another few years because CMP's directors weren't jailed or fined.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
well then I guess we should just save all the research and information we have on these guys in a file, ready for quick dissemination the next time they pop up!!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Oh believe me. If I'm still on ATS, I won't have forgotten.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've been considering putting together an exploratory thread on the Powers Behind the "Center for Medical Progress" group.

It seems like a lot of effort, though, only to hear "well, that's only evidence and facts, and we have our beliefs" from about half the participants.

As suggested above there is a good bit of money within the Right Wing Establishment greasing these skids. The Republicans in Congress (actually, the forces behind those Republicans) realize the Right took a beating in recent events, and they're aching for a win to help with inertia going into 2016.

Witness the parallel efforts in this trumped up (LOL) silliness with PP, the supposed split in the GOP, the pointless attacks on Hillary's "email server," etc. I think they may have misjudged the timing a bit though.

I guess we'll see. The American People are tired of endless and pointless investigations, and their attention spans are growing more minuscule by the day.

Remember, people born in 1998 will be able to vote in 2016. Let that sink in.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You mean this thread?

Center for Medical Progress

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You mean this thread?

Center for Medical Progress

Well, blow me down, er, colour me suprised, er, uh nevermind ... LOL.

GOOD JOB!

Perfect Krazy ... you'll do a much better job with this than I would have!

Now I can just go read and be my normal congenial and well-balanced self.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Lol. Go read that thread, you may not be as level headed afterwards as you may think. Let's just say that some of your predictions about how the opposition would react came true. Like immediately. Though, now after 10 pages we are FINALLY getting some people correctly participating in the thread and adding information about CMP instead of just whining about the ethics of abortion or trying to distract the topic back to PP.

PS: I AM curious what additional information you may have about CMP and maybe their possible connections to the Republican party though. A few posters touched on this later in the thread, and it really should be explored more thoroughly. It's tough to find information about these guys though. Most information is just sensational hit pieces against PP where they may mention Center for Medical Progress in passing.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yep. Yep. I'm there already.

Speaking of intuitions, you were spot on about little Lila.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I don't know if you might find this Link useful...........

Bobby

edit on 8142015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
This is nothing more than a rather underhanded and somewhat viscous attack by the pro-life groups.

Two opposing groups and both have their extremist radical members.

It is all about telling others how they should run their lives.

All in all, rather stupid.

P

agreed, personally im pro choice, i dont like abortion, but i recognise that a woman has a right to choose....which is why abortion is legal, and that's where the support from me ends.

I dont however think that tax payers should foot the bill, i think if you want an abortion you should pay for it ,wether it be through insurance coverage or cash, i'm not a christian but i can see their point in why they don't want to fund abortion, and i think its up to the government to make it more fair for those who are against it.

fine keep it legal, but don't force those who are against it to pay for it..pay for it yourself.

The government does not fund abortions at PP. That is all covered by donations and/or insurance and cash, which they accept.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

actually if you think about it..they get 500 million a year, between 700 clinics, thats arond 160-170k per clinic, thats actually not that much, i can see why they commited fraud on a few occasions...pity they got busted

Except, no. They didn't. You should read this:

I watched all 12 hours of the unedited Planned Parenthood videos. Here’s what I learned.

It's a very unbiased take on the planned parenthood issue.

This is a consistent theme throughout the 12 hours of video footage: Planned Parenthood officials emphasize, repeatedly, that they do not see fetal tissue as a revenue stream, nor do they intend to make money off of fetal tissue procurement.

Rather, they talk about it as a service they can provide to researchers and patients — something that patients want to participate in and that they want to facilitate, provided it does not lose their clinic any money.

This is the type of footage that tends to get edited out of the Center for Medical Progress clips — and it's much more prevalent than the troublesome moments I'll discuss later.

Though honestly, I have my doubts that you are truly looking to tackle this issue from an unbiased front.[/quotive already provided links of themcommiting fraud and they were fined and forced to pay it back....so ya they did

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join