It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's 'blood' comment about Megyn Kelly backfires

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
a reply to: whyamIhere

Accusing someone of bad taste and poor blood flow to the brain based on his use of a retro-80s sexist slur is hardly as prejudicial or generalized as most of what we've discussed here.

Point taken...

In the context of the thread (see title) an unused 50's word would offend anyone.

Seems to be splitting hairs to me. Unless of course you are Megyn Kelly.

This is precisely the PC crap this Nation has devolved to.

You got to be looking to be offended if "Bimbo" about a Public Person bothers anyone.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

If you are going to keep editing your posts after the fact it is common courtesy to label the "edit to add" section.

By the way, I can get a girl to hold a sign that says you are the leader of the national organization for women, and then I can photoshop it to say you also have sexual shortcomings, but it wouldn't prove a thing.

Really? You had to debase to the lowest form of discussion...the character attack, to make point about a totally different topic? You're a great moderator.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
1. I am not modding here, and I respect your right to post everything you've posted. You obviously have not been intimidated or censored from making your case here, and I will do nothing to change that.

2. I started as an ordinary member of this site who wanted to discuss his ideas and that is still my primary role here. When I speak my mind on topic, I'm not different from any other member. I can say controversial and potentially upsetting things within the bounds of the rules, and if I go too far you can submit a complaint and have me dealt with.

3. I'm harsh, but I have not attacked you.

3A. First I pointed out a courtesy that I have extended in the interest of clarity and honesty that I ask you to reciprocate, not because you have to, but because it would be more understandable and prevent the misconception that we are doing these edits to try and trip eachother up when I assume we are both simply having final thoughts that condense our positions and finding edits more sensible than double-posts, which is fair.

3B. Second I pointed out that if i were to attack you in the manner that you have attacked feminism, it would prove nothing. So I attacked somebody else's statement that you shared with me, not you or your sexual prowess.

3C. I do believe that there is a real problem with many forms of discrimination in America and that people who choose to be ignorant of it need to be called on their ignorance, so if I seem combative, it's because I am trying to destroy your entire world view, but I hope that your world itself flourishes around you.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Monger

Your fedora is too tight.

The next post you shoot a slur at a member.

Do you not own a mirror ?

That makes no sense at all. On to the next.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
ok so

Trump said both Kelly and Wallace appeared to have blood coming out of their eyes:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

That first star was from me. Respect.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I knew I was gonna show my age by putting it in the 80s. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that googling bimbo won't get me a pop culture dictionary as a top result though, so I was better off not fact checking.

As for how offensive the word bimbo is however, consider how and why you used it. If you were to just randomly say, "Megyn Kelly is a bimbo"... meh, probably wrong, I've got better people to defend though. Unlike the N-word, there is not a long and well documented history of that being the last word people hear before they are murdered, so at least it may not rise to the level of fighting words as easily as some slurs do.

But when you go out of your way to sexualize somebody while saying saying they stepped out of place by putting the screws to candidates while moderating a debate, you're saying that femininity is an aggravating circumstance to political overreach, and heavily implying that women ought to have less say in politics.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Likewise

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: MrSpad
He really does act like spoiled child. The man can not take the slightest bit of push back without losing his mind. Could you imagine this guy in any office? He would be running naked down the street screaming on day one.

Donald can definitely take a LOT of push back. He simply follows a philosophy that when someone attack you, you come back at them with both barrels. It is a style not his mentality. You simply don't let people spoil you without spoiling them back. Right or wrong it is not about him losing his mind or not being able to take push back. If you pay attention you will see Donald has not attacked anyone who did not come at him first.

His reactions are calculated ones, not emotional ones, though it may look that way for people who don't understand what he is doing. He is not going to let your politically correct fears govern his actions. He has a plan and is going to follow it.

The stuff he says is what he really thinks inside. He is not going to filter himself to make you or anyone comfortable and that is exactly what I and many other like about him. For instance you really don't know much about Santorum but I bet he has some skeletons in his brain closet that would repulse many of you.

When it comes to Donald you know exactly what your getting.

Pure, unadulterated, bullspit. How the hell do you claim to know trumps motivation for these comments so well? You don't, you're grasping and idolizing a blowhard.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

I can't be sure about any individual and would not make a direct accusation at anyone, but I've noticed a familiar air in many Trump supporters online that makes them sound like Donald Trump speaking in the third person. It makes me think a large percentage of his support is astroturfed by call center kids who have a posting guidelines sheet beside their keyboard and a floor manager watching around interfering with their online prawn shopping on the side.

We'll know a lot more about Trump's campaign after the Iowa Caucus. The caucus system doesn't easily allow one to get away with a simple name recognition win among a pet demographic of voters. It favors the candidate with the money and the access to savvy operatives to build a state-wide organization quickly (and it also helps if you have the connections to have Ron Paul's win covered up by repeated miscounts until it's too late for him to reap the benefit of having won).

If Trump wins the Iowa Caucus, it dramatically increases the now unlikely possibility that he really intends to win the nomination and try to become president.

If Trump badly loses the Iowa Caucus, he isn't trying, either because he wants to run independent as a spoiler or for recognition, or because he wants to get off the ride before the real action starts and it was all about publicity the whole time.

If there's a bunch of shenanigans with his vote counts but he still comes out close, then he's trying to win but he's going to be shut down and there's nothing he can do about it.

Sooner or later if he keeps this up somebody is going to figure out that he hasn't been paying property taxes on 9.9 billion dollars worth of real estate, and therefore either is lying about his net worth or belongs in jail... so I'm guessing he gets off the ride before he becomes important enough that people start demanding to see original documents of various kinds (he'd have a tough time getting off of that hook after the birther fiasco wouldn't he).

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I knew I was gonna show my age by putting it in the 80s. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that googling bimbo won't get me a pop culture dictionary as a top result though, so I was better off not fact checking.

As for how offensive the word bimbo is however, consider how and why you used it. If you were to just randomly say, "Megyn Kelly is a bimbo"... meh, probably wrong, I've got better people to defend though. Unlike the N-word, there is not a long and well documented history of that being the last word people hear before they are murdered, so at least it may not rise to the level of fighting words as easily as some slurs do.

But when you go out of your way to sexualize somebody while saying saying they stepped out of place by putting the screws to candidates while moderating a debate, you're saying that femininity is an aggravating circumstance to political overreach, and heavily implying that women ought to have less say in politics.

I respect the fact we can disagree and still have a lively discussion.

I always liked Megyn Kelly. I just thought the hand raising thing was just cheap.

I am not sure how long Trump will be around. But, I'm having a blast for now.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Monger

Your fedora is too tight.

The next post you shoot a slur at a member.

Do you not own a mirror ?

That makes no sense at all. On to the next.

I was replying to Monger.

Sorry for the confusion. I hit the wrong button.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It's sad when the reasons for voting in a new President is to simply avoid the negatives of a different President. Trump would make a terrible POTAS. He speaks his mind? In foreign politics, that's rarely a good idea. I could see him causing constant conflicts with other nations because he feels he must speak his mind on a regular basis. No other country can dare step on his ego, or he will try to bully them with his immediate aggressive response, which seems to be his modus operandi. The world, due to the U.S. agenda to involve in everything not U.S., already does not trust this country or its motives. Trump would make it 10 times worse.

Speaking your mind regardless of consequences is an incredibly stupid reason to vote someone into power. The only real skill his has is money. And if you vote a corporate billionaire into office, you are laughably voting in the exact sort of person that the country is having their biggest issues with at the moment. If working mothers are a liability to him now.. do you think your job is safe if he is running the country? You want to vote in a guy whose biggest thrill is to be in a reality TV show and point at someone and say "You're fired!" Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamihere
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Your sir seem involved in this topic and can maybe help me out.

Trump has said negative comments towards men far more than towards women. It is clear he is an equal opportunist and prone to retaliate to anyone regardless of race, gender, class, etc.

So wasn't the Aryan woman's phrasing of the question about women, which only involved a specific portion of those who have fallen under his sword, being disingenuous?

In other words, it's like if you called 5 people in a room "fat pigs", but one happens to be a woman. So then you get labeled misogynistic and asked to defend your "sexist remarks" towards women. Or basically asked, "why do you hate women?" in front of millions of people.

I don't understand how this question from the Aryan woman was not underhanded. Please let me know what you think. I never studied Western media and don't want to seem stupid in front of my friends if I have to talk about it.

From Kenya with love,
Legend
edit on 8/10/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

If I slur your race is it disingenuous for someone of a different race to call me out for doing it to them too? Trump can be a misogynist and still be a dbag to guys too.

Your argument might be sound if Trump hadn't removed any doubt that Megyn Kelly's statement was accurate by throwing a verbal tampon at her instead of dissecting the question in a manner befitting a president.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Ty for the response.

The words Trump said to women, according to the blonde woman, were not gender-specific insults. Such as "slob, fat pig, disgusting".... So when a man responds with insult to a woman's insult, even when it does not involve her femininity or vagina, he is a misogynist in America and should be destroyed?

For the blood thing, he said he meant nose, as in she was angry (the other half of his sentence reinforces this) but he wasn't thinking or cared enough to finish the phrase. He wanted to move on to the next thought. When I listened to it he did not chuckle, pause, or even think about what he just said. His words and tone were like a smooth stream. I do not sense dirty intent and took his word for it. But he is a liar liar pants on fire like Bush was? Does he want to hurt women and herd black people to prisons?

From Kenya,
Legend
edit on 8/10/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Both Bernie (our country is run by billionaires) and billionaire Trump have important criticisms of our collapsing system. name calling hides the validity of their complaints. But they both have feet stuck in Zionist mud. as does name calling initiated by Megyn Kelly, whose interview with Zionist Howard Stern is most revealing...and makes her deserving of Trumps comments. a brief search with google will amply demonstrate these points. over and out.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend

Ty for the response.

The words Trump said to women, according to the blonde woman, were not gender-specific insults. Such as "slob, fat pig, disgusting".... So when a man responds with insult to a woman's insult, even when it does not involve her femininity or vagina, he is a misogynist in America and should be destroyed?

For the blood thing, he said he meant nose, as in she was angry (the other half of his sentence reinforces this) but he wasn't thinking or cared enough to finish the phrase. He wanted to move on to the next thought. When I listened to it he did not chuckle, pause, or even think about what he just said. His words and tone were like a smooth stream. I do not sense dirty intent and took his word for it. But he is a liar liar pants on fire like Bush was? Does he want to hurt women and herd black people to prisons?

From Kenya,
Legend

Basic truth is Democrats always attack yay g race and gender not a new thing. Republicans attack saying anti amarican. This is politics as usual people are used to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I am voting for him....I like him more and more each day! He doesn't give a flying fornication what people say about him....He will get us the truth! Go big Donald!!! I love it

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Donald Trump is a smart person who has a number of politicians under his belt. I believe he is just there to rattle everyone's cages. However, Hilary Clinton needs to the election.

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join