It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets reverse the roles.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

exactly....It's just a game the OP loves to play.

Well, it's kind of fun really - a nice break.

(He's not doing that great, btw)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Home schooling tailors the needs of the student specifically, but public school prepares the child to be an obedient slave citizen of government!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

If it were true, I'd have good reason for believing in unicorns but no argument for their existence.

Hey - did you know about Underwear Gnomes? I'd never heard of them. But - whatever.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Home schooling tailors the needs of the student specifically, but public school prepares the child to be an obedient slave citizen of government!

(Psst: You keep forgetting which side you're on.
It's tricky, though - right?)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
So I believe that it is helpful to swap your role on occasion. In this thread I would like the atheist/agnostic to argue from the other side. Try and present a convincing argument for God. The Christians should play the role of the atheist and explain why the argument is unconvincing. I believe this increases understanding from both sides. So lets play.

only if you begin by making your own argument for the nonexistence of any divine figure whatsoever. and lets see some genuine effort to that effect.

fair play, right?

a reply to: beezzer

If any argument I could produce could convince me don't you think I would be an atheist?

But maybe someone will force me to come up with a new and convincing one who knows.

see, this right here makes me very suspicious of your intent. you said "reversal of roles" yet i dont see you reversing your role at all. almost like this is just a game to see how many minds you can change with basic reverse psychology, without changing your own.

i call foul.

edit on 1-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Faith plays a role in everyone's life, whether they acknowledge it or not. All humans will trust in someone or something. I have chosen to put my trust in God/Jesus, and he hasn't let me down.

Well I'd have to ask you to define Faith. I'd also ask why put your trust in Jesus rather than in yourself or in humanity?

Faith is belief in action. It is trust. I put my trust in Jesus because I have seen the difference he has made in my life from before I trusted him, and after. I am happier, and content knowing whatever happens, he will take care of me, and be there with me, even in my darkest hour. I also know he will do the same for anyone who asks him to.

I've tried things my way, and Humanity's way. Jesus has shown me a way I never thought I could live life. And I couldn't without his spirit to guide me, correct me, and forgive me.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Religious people are stupid because they believe in God.

Government knows better than any false sky-deity.

I'm smart because I say I'm an atheist and I don't worship anything. Except government.

You forgot scientists, but only if they're scientists funded by government.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

...you call that convincing.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

What can I say? I'm rusty.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: TzarChasm

What can I say? I'm rusty.

it aint you thats rusty.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

only if you begin by making your own argument for the nonexistence of any divine figure whatsoever. and lets see some genuine effort to that effect.

fair play, right?

I don't have the burden of proof here. The only proof that falls on me is to show that you haven't met yours.

see, this right here makes me very suspicious of your intent. you said "reversal of roles" yet i dont see you reversing your role at all. almost like this is just a game to see how many minds you can change with basic reverse psychology, without changing your own.

Way to pull stuff out of context. He made a statement about any good arguments we give to atheist they will just turn and use on us next time, and that was my response. Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Could that not simply be a self fulfilling prophecy. You want to see jesus acting in your life so you attribute things to him unnecessarily.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ok, I'm bored fighting for atheism. It's a stance of non-belief, not anti-belief so there's really not anything to defend. It's sort of bulletproof.

I'm ready to try on my Abrahamic pantheon shoes if the OP has a question for me.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Nothing that you have said is any attempt to produce any form of physical or logical evidence for the existence of God.

What??? It's all in the Bible, dude.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You forgot scientists, but only if they're scientists funded by government.

Wut? Why do you atheists keep bringing up the government?

(The debate is: Prove there is no God.) (Well, that's your side anyway, because you are an "atheist" for the purposes of this illustration.)

OHHhh! So, you're talking about genetic lady from Answers in Genesis? Yeah. I saw that article yesterday. I just always thought it was obvious that Adam and Eve were real......

Yeah. She ROCKS!!!
*punches the sky*

Take THAT!
Losers.
Proven. God.

edit on 8/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Red rover, red rover, send Cuervo on over......

and POOF! You are now a Christian. Choose your sect.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Red rover, red rover, send Cuervo on over......

and POOF! You are now a Christian. Choose your sect.

13th level Paladin with a Sword of Righteous Rhetoric +3.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

13th level Paladin with a Sword of Righteous Rhetoric +3.

Um...sounds like some Satanic cult to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

originally posted by: Frocharocha
But the Bible's language is clear that Adam and Eve were real people. Their historical existence and fall into sin are foundational to the gospel of Jesus Christ

See? That's my good friend Frocharocha - so - you're going to have to shoot down Ms Renowned genetics expert, smarty pants! She just proved the existence of Adam and Eve through DNA research!!

Renowned genetics expert proves existence of Adam and Eve through DNA research

BOOya! Haha.
Enjoy hell.
edit on 8/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Could that not simply be a self fulfilling prophecy. You want to see jesus acting in your life so you attribute things to him unnecessarily.

I can see how others might see it that way, but I find it interesting that after everything else I've tried in my life, Jesus is the only one that has changed my life for the better. For me, the proof is in how my life has changed. I let God take care of the defense, and the evidence. I just allow the Spirit to lead me. If I'm wrong, no harm done to anyone but me. If I'm right, maybe others will see what Jesus can do in their life too.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join