It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets reverse the roles.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I guess pretty soon we can call "forfeit" on the atheists - they seem to all have left the building!

Pfa!!!!!!
Losers.

Let 'em all roast in hell!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
(What happened to all of the Christians pretending to be Atheists? Strange. And yeah BuzzyWigs, that is strange that they think Atheists worship the government when they are the ones trying to take over the government with religion like banning gay marriage for example, back to the game...)

Even if Yahweh kills everyone (The Flood) and forces people to engage in cannibalism (Leviticus 26:29), he is still good/righteous because he says so.

Obviously he is not an evil spirit masquerading as light, that is only possible for Yahweh's enemies to do! Obey!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

But Buzzy, what about all the other gods? While you may feel you have some pretty conclusive evidence in the world around you and in scripture, you have to keep in mind that your religion or spirituality is not the only option out there. Your holy text may seem to be backed up by the evidence, but is it really? Are you a Bible literalist by chance? If so, you're just piling more problems on top of your already biased standpoint. The Bible may relay accurate information about some things, I'll give you that. But a lot of it doesn't. But also, a lot of interpretation is vague.

And the same can be said for the other holy texts. Why shouldn't you be taking those any less seriously? Or objectively? Because the Bible told you they were of the devil? Tell me, where might I find such a verse? Will it be some vague script about Satan being Lord of this world? Vague, as usual. Stretched to say other religions are false and set up by deceivers. Well, it's a level playing field, you see. The other side is also using vague lines from ancient texts to prove that your religion is false, and set up by the deceiver.

What faith came first? Do you ever consider the evolution of beliefs, religion, and spirituality, in human cultures? How one or two may have influenced a third. How these things can pop up overnight and sweep a primitive populace? How the roots of one religion can be traced back into a previous and very different religion?

Do you think about those things?

There are a multitude of ways to pick apart these things. Not to destroy anyone's faith, and of course not to lure them closer to the Devil's den. But to understand them. To prove or disprove them. I'm sure you've been fascinated by Greek or Roman mythology before. Maybe Norse? Maybe any of the other religions etc. that you confidently throw into a mythological pile (while not judging your own beliefs by the same standards). Well, your beliefs are no different than those, to me.

There very well may be a god. But the evidence is against it being yours, or any of the others from the various beliefs come and gone. By all means, keep the faith, if it suits you. Just don't come knocking on my door with the good news but bad arguments.

edit on 8-1-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
BACK from prayers!! It went well.
Anyway, back on topic

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

What faith came first? Do you ever consider the evolution of beliefs, religion, and spirituality, in human cultures? How one or two may have influenced a third. How these things can pop up overnight and sweep a primitive populace? How the roots of one religion can be traced back into a previous and very different religion?

Do you think about those things?

Really? Of course I do....and

That is SUCH CRAP!!!!
I can't believe you would fall for that stuff!!
edit on 8/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

(Wait, I thought you were on my side!)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

(What happened to all of the Christians pretending to be Atheists? Strange. And yeah BuzzyWigs, that is strange that they think Atheists worship the government when they are the ones trying to take over the government with religion like banning gay marriage for example, back to the game...)

(Yeah - I don't know where they went. Or why they brought up the government.
I fully expected that when I got done with prayers - the leaves were beginning to fall outside! it was beautiful! - I'd be either banned or .....
not.

I do wonder if a mod will come in and end the debate and offer scores....but, if they don't, well, then it's a perpetual debate I guess).

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
(Wait, I thought you were on my side!)

I can't pretend to be a Christian here, sorry Buzzy.

If I was to do that my posts would drip with sarcasm and mockery.

It would be satire, and not a thought experiment.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Real Buzzy here:

Yeah, I already did that....

that's why I'm worried I'll be banned.
Do you think I should delete all my posts then?
I thought it was what ServantOfTheLamb wanted to do.

I feel bad now. Really.

If there's a mod reading, can you please end this??????? I feel really bad now.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I wouldn't worry, it was the spirit of the thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I know, that's what I was playing off of.

But I really do feel bad if they're all sad now.

Real Buzzy here ^^^^

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I wouldn't, but that's just me.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I wouldn't, but that's just me.

Heathen!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thanks for the compliment!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I won't sit here arguing why God could not exist. No, I'd rather talk about being touched by the “Finger of God”, which stands as undeniable proof to me that there exists a power which I could never entirely envisage. Alas, my word is but my word; who am I to enforce the idea of God's Word?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
So I believe that it is helpful to swap your role on occasion. In this thread I would like the atheist/agnostic to argue from the other side. Try and present a convincing argument for God. The Christians should play the role of the atheist and explain why the argument is unconvincing. I believe this increases understanding from both sides. So lets play.

I'm sorry, I've thought long and hard, I really have, but I cannot present any argument at all to support the existence of Yahweh the Christian god, let alone any from the multiple conflicting faiths such as Vishnu, Shiva, Devi (shakti), Akal Purakh, Amaterasu-Ō-Mi-Kami, Ahura Mazda, to name but a few.

I really tried, honestly, but the evidence for all of them is as weak as it is for pixies, dragons, ghosts, souls, goblins and any other myth you can think of. Norse gods, Roman gods, Greek gods, Egyptian gods, Aztec gods, heck the list is endless.

I lack any religious or spiritual faith for the very reason that I am unable to present a logical or reasoned argument to support the claims of any gods. For that to change I would need to see or experience something other than the claims of others and/or multiple translated writings from unverifiable authors.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: danielsil18

Morals are just an illusion. They don't exist. I take the position of a moral nihilist because its the only rational stance as an atheist.

Do you know what "natural law" means?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Are Gnostic Christians such as myself who perceive everything and everyone as God invited to the party...?

edit on 2-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Are Gnostic Christians such as myself who perceive everything and everyone as God invited to the party...?

Your role in this game would be to pretend that, in your opinion, everyone and everything is proof that there is no god.

Sound fun?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

No, does not sound fun at all. The ironic thing is those on both sides of the fence who either see God outside of themselves and separate vs. those who do not see God anywhere at all as existing, are sailing the same waters despite being in two different boats. This is why, despite their differences, they both live and attained just as much in their lives...

Again, not fun at all when weighed from a true currency of life perspective to watch both sides disagree out of ignorance- both are wrong. It's sad to see people living unfulfilled lives when the power to make their highest dreams and deepest desires come true, resides within them.

Sound fun?

...watching these daily commuting minds collide on social media IS indeed fun. Watching older people still trying to figure stuff out or pretending that they have...is hilarious at times.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Looks like the OP either got bored or scared and did a runner. Figures.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join