It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets reverse the roles.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18
a reply to: Cuervo

God gives you an amazing life and yet you hate him enough to say that he doesnt exist.

How can you be sure that God doesnt exist.

"Atheist Cuervo" response:

Atheists cannot hate what they do not believe exists. Also, atheism does not insist that there is no god, just that there is no reason/evidence to believe in one. But, let's say I hated your god. If god exists, how could I possibly have such a kick-ass life? Again, using your rationale, that proves he does not exist.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Only God knows what best for everyone. It says so in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

God's love is unconditional. He loves you and is giving you a good life. If you were a good person you would start loving him back.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

a reply to: danielsil18

Look, your irrational, seditious, holier-than-thou attitudes are what is going to wreck this country.

There is no god in the constitution, all the signers of the declaration of independence were atheists who turned away from such irrational thought.

Believe in man-made government and obey the dictates of the law.

Because the law is never wrong. They just change their minds a lot as to what is law!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Again maybe thats true, but as I have said earlier in the thread that is not evidence for anyone other than yourself. I could say a unicorn spoke to me. If it were true, I'd have good reason for believing in unicorns but no argument for their existence.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Actually its you immoral atheist who will create chaos in this world. Just look at what Stalin and that Chinese president did. You atheists just want to kill everyone.

Thankfully there is a hell for you. Ill be laughing from Heaven as you burn get raped by Satan.

Its you atheists who make us eat bacon when the Bible says not to eat pigs.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Again maybe thats true, but as I have said earlier in the thread that is not evidence for anyone other than yourself. I could say a unicorn spoke to me. If it were true, I'd have good reason for believing in unicorns but no argument for their existence.

Have faith, pray to God and he will talk to you.

If you dont become a Christian then dont expect God to talk to you.

link   

You think your law changes a lot? Ha! That has nothing on my God who never changes! First we aren't to kill, then he orders us to kill all sorts of people! Then we aren't allowed to have eternal life by eating from the tree, but then he turns around and offers us eternal life through his only begotten Son Jesus Christ anyways! He even told us "an eye for an eye" and changed it to turn the other cheek! My God is the only God, he never changes!

Your government teaches respect for all religions? Pfff, my God ordered the killing of people who worshiped other gods! He even killed millions of people in the great flood! Luckily though, he saved one family to repopulate the entire Earth to over 7 billion people of all different races, ethnicities, and cultures in a mere thousand or so years! That's a true miracle right there!

Your government subsidized abortion is sickening! At least my God waited until AFTER they were born to order people to slaughter them! How cruel can you possibly be? A baby in the womb has a right to life! A baby who is already born and has parents who worship another god doesn't deserve a chance at life! It is written, and as we all know, if it is in the bible it is justified and true!

link   

Morals are just an illusion. They don't exist. I take the position of a moral nihilist because its the only rational stance as an atheist.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Lol such terrible arguments. Why don't you think a little more outside the box rather than giving these bologna arguments that are weak.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Stalin killed less than your catholic church!

And you can't even get your bibles straight!

Your Jewish old testament teaches one thing while your Christian new testament teaches another.

Your editor needs to work on that and just make a handout!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Don't talk to me about abortion, thumper.

the body is just a clump of cells until they enter college!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

uhm.....

Well of course if define those things as energy then you could just say everything is life, but I think the vast majority of people would disagree with that definition.

Nono. THE MAJORITY of people on earth believe that God IS THE BESTOWER of the energy. He can take it back whenever He wants.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Pffft. What?
That is preposterous. I've never heard ANY sane person say such a thing.
I mean, really.

(aside: tell me beez, what atheist EVER said this? I thought we were supposed to be using the commonly used modern arguments. don't cheat!)

edit on 8/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18

God's love is unconditional. He loves you and is giving you a good life. If you were a good person you would start loving him back.

I don't think you are even trying anymore. I knew the "atheist" side would be boring to defend.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Sorry but... I gotta stop you right there. "Thumper"?!

Tea pots and black kettles and all that.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

all the signers of the declaration of independence were atheists who turned away from such irrational thought.

No they were NOT! They were Christians!!!!

And even if they were philosophers, and called themselves Deists - they STILL believed in God.

What is WRONG with you?
*facepalm*
Read some history the Bible already!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Off topic, but I've always been a bunny person.

Thumper was my nickname in college.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Beez, it's just a game!!

exactly....It's just a game the OP loves to play.It's an exercise in futility.Mankind's God is a joke and religion is the punchline at the Divine Comedy club.Two(billion) drink minimum. Enjoy the show....

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You should have gone to a Christian School where they only teach the truth.

I know!! Right??? Or, homeschooling - that would be even better!! Then the parents can censor EVERYTHING - there are even whole curricula and bunches of websites that can help ANY parent homeschool their kid and keep the kid out of reach of the rest of the world. Entire grade levels that teach about how Jesus rode dinosaurs and so forth......

I know when my 5-year-old is ready I AM going to use homeschool stuff. ANY good Christian parent would!!!!
I mean, really......

Public schools want to turn my kid gay, and they NEVER, EVER talk about the Bible. I just can't imagine how far down the swirl those kids already are!! Can you?

I tell ya, this world is going to crap, and God has forsaken our country because GAYS CAN GET MARRIED NOW????? AYFKM?
edit on 8/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join