It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine Just Put Welfare Leeches In Their Place

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

If we're like ants, we naturally help each other. Check out:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
We have what 50 million people on welfare? how do you suppose we come up with 50 million jobs for everyone? According to some people in this thread we might as well start some labor camps. Or how about we round them up and sterilize them so they can't breed. Better yet lets just gas them all like the Nazis did. Damn useless eaters.

We spend 100x more on war then we do helping our own people. Iraq and Afghanistan cost 2 trillion dollars food stamps are pennies compared to how much we spend on war. Go cry about something else.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

SNAP is a Federal (financed) program.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Christian orientated groups and charity's have been paying junkies and other such social outcasts token sums of monies to be sterilized for years, so nothing new on that front.

As to the idea of work camps relating to long term unemployed people, that could actually work provided they were given adequate housing, and paid a decent days wage for a decent days work. Don't know about making it mandatory all the same considering that would pretty much make it indentured servitude.

Totally agree with you on the subject of Iraq, Afghanistan and war in general. The waste in both money and life is simply nonsensical.
edit on 21-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: Wolfenz

If we're like ants, we naturally help each other. Check out:

Yes Naturaly and Humans Do that in certain Countrys in Need

also this !

Incredible Pavement Ant Territory Battle
www.youtube.com...

How Long before The Homeless the Poor aka Welfare Recipients will act like a fool in order to survive ..

NO SNAP no JOB = NO Income Means Homeless

when there too many Homeless Running the Streets

They will Rob Steal Your Belongings , Invade your Home taking your Food

Riots in Towns & City's all in Order to Survive ...

When will the Local Food Pantry or City Soup Kitchen be unable to Keep up in Demand of Food !

From the loss of SNAP , Hell there is Places in the Southern States , you will get a Fine/Ticket Feeding the Homeless in the Streets ..

TAKE IT FROM ME!

The Increase from last year to this Year of People asking for Help of Emergency Food
at My Local Food Pantry ( Neighborhood Center ) is Insane at least Round off 30 percent increase from last Year
and Some get SNAP but Not Enough because they just make 25 dollars more.. From being eligible of getting more on SNAP , Here In New York they Go By your Gross not your net Pay. meaning, if you paying up the ass in health insurance and it taking close to 1/3 of your total pay ... They don't care!

This Happens all the time .. DSS only sees How much you make (GROSS) before what is taken out of you for taxes & Heath Insurance .. or what you are Garnished , Child Support , Etc..

The only Option they have is a Local Food pantry , or a Soup Kitchen , to get some extra food what SNAP refuses to Provide just because they are over the Limit of 25 dollars ..

What is Sicking to me is, Here one of the Biggest Multi Billion Dollar Retailers in the World WALMART ... with one of the Largest Grocery Store's in the World . and the Majority of their Workers get partial Public Assistance or SNAP. and can get only Part Time. and less then 30 hrs a week

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: xuenchen

the amount of SNAP recipients has dramatically dropped from 12,000 to approximately 2,500

guess they cleaned up that program !!!!!

If one person winds up in the hospital or heaven forbid dies because of this these politicians should be charged with manslaughter.

The deaths will come, just as they have in the UK. Right now, we have one govt agency telling us the govt department responsible for welfare and work are not being unreasonable in refusing to release information about deaths associated with the reductions of welfare, including information about suicides relating to welfare sanctions.

The original FOI request was denied on the grounds it was politically motivated. We have since learned that even asking for the information on deaths related to austerity programmes or expressing any concern that austerity policy is killing people, is 'disgraceful'.

The official line is everyone that disappeared from the welfare and unemployment system did so because they found work. To date, I have seen no published evidence to support this stance.

So far, there are no govt reps taking any action to charge those politicians with manslaughter just as there is no news of police gaining the information through criminal investigations that might lead to arrests and prosecutions.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Just weighing in to state I couldn't get past the very vile, prejudicial, and hateful title. Hateful means : full of hate.

That obviously came from the OP, not the article. I pity the fools.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
We have what 50 million people on welfare? how do you suppose we come up with 50 million jobs for everyone? According to some people in this thread we might as well start some labor camps. Or how about we round them up and sterilize them so they can't breed. Better yet lets just gas them all like the Nazis did. Damn useless eaters.

We spend 100x more on war then we do helping our own people. Iraq and Afghanistan cost 2 trillion dollars food stamps are pennies compared to how much we spend on war. Go cry about something else.

Says the guy with a "Breaking Bad" avatar.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex
a reply to: JRCrowley

SNAP is a Federal (financed) program.

So what? That has no relevance whatsoever to the arguments I made. Read my post again.

For a sanity check, look here:

www.usdebtclock.org...
edit on 21-7-2015 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's rather bizarre reading all of this. People have the right to accept charity from others, they do not have the right to demand charity.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oouthere
It's rather bizarre reading all of this. People have the right to accept charity from others, they do not have the right to demand charity.

Bingo. We have a winner.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Nice choice of pics for the article.

I would assume the person that wrote this article doesn't know that there are more whites on food stamps than blacks. Not to mention Maine is almost 97% white.
So now people that cannot afford food has to try and figure out a way to pay for a sitter with a job they aren't going to get paid for that makes a lot of sense. Also volunteer for what are they now free slaves for companies to use or will they be working for the state?

Yes 40% of these programs are white vs 25% that are black - compared to the national average of 63% white to 15% black however and those numbers are shockingly disproportional.

My local Mercedes dealer is a prime example of how my tax dollars for supporting unemployed people often are spent.

Also I am tired of people who thrive on unending misery, something has to be done to stem the tide and it's better to yank the band aid off now and hurt some people than slowly torture this country until it's insolvent for everyone.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

How do you know who is buying benzs and with what?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

If they have it set up with some provisions, that could be a good deal. Daycare for those with children, so they are able to work or volunteer, exemptions for those actually unable to work, because of real disabilities, transportation for those without it to get to the places they can work or volunteer, and so forth.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Those must be 100% of the black people of Maine in that picture.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

If they have it set up with some provisions, that could be a good deal. Daycare for those with children, so they are able to work or volunteer, exemptions for those actually unable to work, because of real disabilities, transportation for those without it to get to the places they can work or volunteer, and so forth.
So...what about the people who currently work in day care for a living, or public transit? See where I'm going with this? Sometimes volunteerism cheapens the marketplace for those who are actually working. It becomes part of the conservative ideal of the race to the bottom.

Edit to confirm the comment below...yes, daycare is not an issue here. However, the caution about using volunteers to replace paid jobs and services remains.
edit on 22-7-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Why is daycare even an issue with this?

None of the people affected have dependents.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

So...what about the people who currently work in day care for a living, or public transit? See where I'm going with this? Sometimes volunteerism cheapens the marketplace for those who are actually working. It becomes part of the conservative ideal of the race to the bottom.

Edit to confirm the comment below...yes, daycare is not an issue here. However, the caution about using volunteers to replace paid jobs and services remains.

I would assume volunteering would be in local community centers, or picking up trash, or the like, not booting someone out of a job. That sort of thing wouldn't threaten anyone's paid job. Plus, an option to do actual work is also included. Depending on how they have it set up,, it could be workable. We weren't given enough details to know.

Surely, you don't think people should just collect welfare, who are capable of working, and simply refuse, do you? And don't claim that doesn't happen. I have a close relative with that sort of attitude.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I would assume volunteering would be in local community centers, or picking up trash, or the like, not booting someone out of a job. That sort of thing wouldn't threaten anyone's paid job.

Who do you think picks up trash already? It doesn't magically get picked up.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Prisoners and Volunteers...

Are are you talking about curbside trash? That is completely different and run by a city.

Most of those people picking trash up on the side of freeways etc. are doing community service...people can also volunteer to do the same. This initiative has the person report for community service.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join