It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy about conspiracies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Yeah, well, if you think that's a heart on Pluto. Clearly, you're insane. It's obviously a giant thumbs down sign ...

To me there has always been a point at which a conspiracy theory stops being plausible and starts being a flight of fancy. I don't always advertise when I've reached that point because I have fun discussing it either way.

And if it's clear out in left field for me, chances are I'm not posting there.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: intrptr

Not when that gold nugget glistens, there is no mistaking it. I'd like to see you say that when looking at it at your feet or in the pan.

Unmistakable.

Maybe you can give me an example of your Aha moment...concerning some of the conspiracies. I'm not saying there are no such moments...I'm simply saying...one can never be too sure about it. None of us can truly be objective in such matters.

For real? How about the day we discovered Santa wasn't real? I don't know about you, but that was a big one for me.

More recently I discovered that copper pennies aren't copper anymore. Just copper plated zinc.

The day I discovered the flag was just a piece of colored cloth.

The bible was written by men.

When I first saw the Hubble Deep Field.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

For real? How about the day we discovered Santa wasn't real? I don't know about you, but that was a big one for me.

are you being serious here ?

More recently I discovered that copper pennies aren't copper anymore. Just copper plated zinc.

The day I discovered the flag was just a piece of colored cloth.

The bible was written by men.

When I first saw the Hubble Deep Field.

I thought we were discussing "conspiracy theories"...what you wrote here...is hardly connected to any "living" conspiracy...as we would call it in this context.

p.s.

Just out of curiosity...what did you think the flag was, before you got that aha moment that it's just a piece of cloth ?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I knew this was a trap. What are you even doing here? Oh, to cover for the conspirators by insulting the search for truth. I had an inkling, now I know.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I knew this was a trap. What are you even doing here? Oh, to cover for the conspirators by insulting the search for truth. I had an inkling, now I know.

whatever do you mean ? a trap ? you give me way too much credit man.

Where was I insulting ? I'm merely asking you questions to understand what you mean.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I say we stamp out stupid conspiracy theories at the root. There is one den of stupidity that seems to amplify everyone who watches his videos stupidness .

Yes I'm talking about the king of stupid conspiracy videos . He uses third grade logic and applies cartoon and movie Physics in his assessments .

He turns out 3 to 5 stupid conspiracy theories a day and the conspiracy challenged people that view his channel come away looking really bad .

Yes of course the incubator for such stupid conspiracies is Daaboob 7

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Big difference between being blind and pretending to be blind.

Good day.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Maybe we should just go by "truth-seekers" as you said in your post and leave the Conspiracy theorist title to the nutters.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You are being very cryptic...it's hard to discuss anything this way. There is no hidden agenda here...and no insulting of any member here...at least not from me.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

good plan..it's just that...others brand you as a conspiracy theorist...merely for not accepting the prevailing opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Well I guess let them follow the herd, but I was taught to question everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Can you please explain what you view as being a difference... I always thought that when one says that he believes there might be something to a certain conspiracy...than that person can be designated as a conspiracy theorist.

Sure. You will find the basics in this post on the ATS thread Exposure To Conspiracy "May Have Negative Effect". Other posts in the thread clarify my position.

Or just read this thread, which was closed by Skeptic Overlord, no doubt for a very good reason.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Despite the insurgency of spin cycle on ATS the search here is for the truth behind the scenes. Its here, if you dig a little.

Would you care to provide an example of a conspiracy theory that was proven here on ATS?

Please understand the distinction between the proving of a conspiracy theory and the uncovering of a genuine conspiracy. If you're not sure about the difference, follow the links I recommended to MarioOnTheFly in my earlier post.

ADDED LATER
I see by your conversation with Mario that you believe the attempt to distinguish between discovered conspiracies and conspiracy theories is some kind of disinformation ploy. So I shan't expect a reply from you — though I would still be happy to receive one.

edit on 16/7/15 by Astyanax because: of further reading.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I see by your conversation with Mario that you believe the attempt to distinguish between discovered conspiracies and conspiracy theories is some kind of disinformation ploy.

The liars want to keep their secrets, true, if thats what you meant.

For instance,

The war on terror is contrived. It uses the same old empire building propaganda for the people, war or building for war in the name of defense and war in the name of peace or humanitarian goals to gain resources, territory and control.

The conspiracy is to fool ordinary people with propaganda to that end, disguising their true intentions. Thats the conspiracy, the illusion which in fact right here just now I exposed on ATS. I'm not the only one.

You want lies tune into the Main Stream, you want the truth about that BS tune in to alternative news websites like ATS.

Now reveal your true colors…

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Now reveal your true colors…

Oh, I think it's all nonsense, this idea of a vast conspiracy to keep the masses down.

The 'war on terror' in your country is contrived -- it is, after all, a policy of the state, and all policies are by nature contrivances -- but terrorism is a real and terrible thing. Ask my girlfriend, who watched a suicide-bomber blow himself up in front of her (fortunately she was out of shrapnel range), or my friend Jacqui who was inside a hotel when it was blown up, or the movie crew I was meeting at that very moment elsewhere in the city, and who returned to their hotel -- the same hotel -- to find their rooms had been destroyed along with their bags and other property.

Tell me, what has been your personal experience of terrorism?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The 'war on terror' in your country is contrived --

You asked for an example…

Tell me, what has been your personal experience of terrorism?

I wasn't there when country after country was bombed to dust by NATO airplanes (how terrifying is that) so I can''t give you that personal experience. You can google various 'theaters of operation' like Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Syria to name a few. I imagine you don't go all the way back to other unjust wars like Vietnam.

War is a crime, the west is waging it unjustly, sorry for the loss of your friends.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I wasn't there.

Yes, that was clear from your earlier post. Still, everyone can have opinions.

You can google various 'theaters of operation' like Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Syria to name a few.

What would we know without Google, eh? And television, we mustn't forget television.

edit on 17/7/15 by Astyanax because: needed salt.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This isn't contrived, nor main stream

1000 year old afghan village, meet us military…

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I have friends in Kabul, too. There are always at least two sides to a story; sometimes more.

It is regrettable that people fight and kill each other. I think we can all agree on that. However, this is not a kind of behaviour that is imposed on people by some kind of authoritarian conspiracy. Violence and warfare are as old as the human race. Collectively as well as individually, we are all too prone to it.

Sitting at home with your computer is not (in my view) a substitute for actually going out into the world and learning about it. Perhaps your data-cable connexion with the rest of humanity is all you can afford, or all that your circumstances permit (you could be quadriplegic for all I know), so I shall not condemn or ridicule you. But you are nevertheless wrong, and your picture of the world is very far removed from reality.

How are you faring in the practical departments of your life? Asking this question (and answering it honestly) is often a very good way to check the reality of your 'reality'.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Can you please explain what you view as being a difference... I always thought that when one says that he believes there might be something to a certain conspiracy...than that person can be designated as a conspiracy theorist.

Sure. You will find the basics in this post on the ATS thread Exposure To Conspiracy "May Have Negative Effect". Other posts in the thread clarify my position.

Or just read this thread, which was closed by Skeptic Overlord, no doubt for a very good reason.

Uh...where do I begin. I took the time...red your post and a thread that you linked. Not the entire thread, but your op and some of the comments.

To say i'm dissapointed is an understatement. I was preparing to get my fantasies crushed by your scientific reasoning...instead...you link to a thread were you got destroyed...and by the site owner himself...and a few other members. Your only champion in that thread was Phage. No surprise there.

But i digress. At least i got the explanation to my question in the previous post, and I'm still not impressed.

If you want...i'll expand further on that...but later...since i'm currently on the phone and it's a killer to type long posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join