It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy about conspiracies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You don't need Christmas as an excuse to get together, people who use that excuse don't really want to get together, they do it because its expected of them. Because everybody does it. Because it keeps up appearances of participation and togetherness. We love each other, after all we celebrate Christmas. I bet these people also go to church, celebrate easter and birthdays, go to circus, zoos, fairs, and Disneyland.

Oh yes. I'm sure these people do go to church, celebrate Easter and birthdays, and patronize public entertainments. This is what normal people do. They participate in the society they inhabit. They do things with other people. They celebrate festivals and life milestones.

Personally, I'm not so fond of circuses and amusement parks, but I do other things that are similar: I go to concerts, clubs and raves, visit the theatre, go to literary festivals, take long road trips with groups of my friends, attend and host dinner-parties.

I feel genuinely sorry for those who can see no virtue in such interactions, in shared celebration and the affirmation of the ties that bind us together and make us human.

MarioOnTheFly, I hope you've been reading this little exchange. Intrptr is showing you your future.

edit on 22/7/15 by Astyanax because: of shared interaction.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

is that so?

Most assuredly.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

No, I concluded that you're a child because you spoke about your school and your parents.

If you don't see the ridiculousness of your conclusion...there is nothing else for me to say about it.

It is used by people largely to confirm opinions they already hold. If someone doesn't know or care much about a subject, a media report might influence them, though the influence is likely to be temporary.

Forming or changing an opinion is a life-changing event, and a media report (or campaign) is rarely enough to do it. Look how hard it was to convince people that smoking was killing them.

the fallacy in your reasoning lies in the fact that you apply your feelings on the matter on the world wide population. It's a common misconception. People think...that if you see something...everybody must be seeing it. If you see through media BS...than everybody does. You are gravely mistaken. It comes back to that..."understanding of human nature". We all have egoes. We all like to think we're right.

You have pro-life, pro abortion, anti gay, pro gay, pro war, against war, pro Kardashians, anti Kardashians, some that listen to CNN for their daily knowledge, and those that see through media manipulation....and so on and so on. People are not united in opinions...and will never be. There is this thing called IQ...and not everybody is a genius...in fact...majority isn't.

If you are 60...and you are not aware of this...then there is no salvation for you.

Something like that. Wait and see.

If you really are forty and have been a conspiracy-theory fan for some years, I have no doubt that you've already experienced some of the effects I listed in my last post. However, you probably attribute them to some other cause; conspiracy theorists are not generally given to accurate self-reflection and analysis. If, however, you are actually still in your teens, you're in with a chance. Heed my warning before it is too late.

Now that you mention it. I did find it weird that I got fired this morning...because I came to work and started rambling to my superior about capitalist pigs that are destroying my life. Also, I went to put gas in my car this morning...and I attacked the pump worker that he is a part of the big oil conspiracy...after which they banned me from ever coming to that gas station...(well screw them...there are other gas stations).

wow...you really opened my eyes here...and I thought that all these things are happening to me because I have a weird hair style.

Heed my warning before it is too late.

alas...I now fear..it is too late for me. Suicide is now inevitable...or...maybe I will buy a gun....and let those school kids suffer because they laugh at my hair.

Goodbye cruel world

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

The truth is there man. You know it when you see it, it gives you that aha moment. Aha moments or "eurekas" like an exclamation upon finding the gold nugget in the stream.

Though I agree with you on this point...I have come to understand...that aha moment does not necessarily mean that you stumbled upon the truth. It can be deceiving.

For instance...to me...there are many Aha moments in the 9/11 conspiracy or JFK...yet...after coming here for many years...I came to understand...that not everyone sees it like I do...they interpret differently, connect differently. It's like we have different eyes. I would be a fool to automatically conclude...I'm right and they are wrong. My aha moment may be a deception...colored by my preconceptions, my education, and my cranial capacity to understand.

If we really want to get to the truth...I must not let my biased Aha moment to prevail simply because I "feel it". It's a struggle withing a struggle for me.

So how do we define Aha moment ? what is it ? an evidence ? a feeling ?

To know the whole truth about a subject, the results would be infinite as everything is related some how. As such, I agree that we should look at as many perspectives, through as many eyes as we possibly can before we develop a more solid understanding.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

To know the whole truth about a subject, the results would be infinite as everything is related some how. As such, I agree that we should look at as many perspectives, through as many eyes as we possibly can before we develop a more solid understanding.

Generally speaking...yes. But most times...other perspectives are out of our reach. For example...I think there would be far less conspiracy theories...if the Governments would be more transparent. Sharing all known data about the specific events with the public. Instead we have blacked out FOIA responses, shady executive orders, stuff marked top secret. They keep secrets, which in turn fuels more conspiracy theories. They want us to trust them blindly that they are doing something for the benefit of us all. Any sane person is aware...this is not always the case.

I realize it would be naive to ask for full transparency. But they can't have it both ways. Keeping secrets and having the trust of the general populace. You have to pick one.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

hey funbox...welcome to the party. We're having a dirty threesome here...mostly because I was fooled by Astyanax's avatar.

Now my that my shorts are down...it's too late to back out.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

If you don't see the ridiculousness of your conclusion...there is nothing else for me to say about it.

Fair enough; though given your performance here, my conclusion wasn't so ridiculous as it might appear to you.

It's a common misconception. People think...that if you see something...everybody must be seeing it.

Do you think I'm a victim of this misconception?

You have pro-life, pro abortion, anti gay, pro gay, pro war, against war, pro Kardashians, anti Kardashians, some that listen to CNN for their daily knowledge, and those that see through media manipulation....and so on and so on. People are not united in opinions...and will never be.

Do you think I believe everybody has the same opinions?

There is this thing called IQ...and not everybody is a genius...in fact...majority isn't.

Do you think I believe everybody has the same intelligence? Or the same anything, for that matter?

Now that you mention it. I did find it weird that I got fired this morning...because I came to work and started rambling to my superior about capitalist pigs that are destroying my life. Also, I went to put gas in my car this morning...and I attacked the pump worker that he is a part of the big oil conspiracy...after which they banned me from ever coming to that gas station...(well screw them...there are other gas stations).

Laugh all you want, but there are people on Above Top Secret who would do all those things and worse. They tell their stories on this forum all the time. If your addiction has not yet reached the stage where it causes you to do things like this, you are one of the fortunate ones. All the more reason to change your ways while you still can.

alas...I now fear..it is too late for me. Suicide is now inevitable...or...maybe I will buy a gun....and let those school kids suffer because they laugh at my hair.

Do you remember an ATS member named Jared Loughner?

You are playing with fire, my friend.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

i wear my ATS shirt around town. sometimes a person will ask, "so, are you one of those crazy conspiracy theorist?"
i answer, "if something doesn't make sense then i ask questions until it does. i find that not everything is a conspiracy. but every once and a while you find a group of people who do conspire to get something they want. i am not a conspiracy theorist but i do question things that don't make sense."

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Do you think I'm a victim of this misconception?

Do you think I believe everybody has the same opinions?

Do you think I believe everybody has the same intelligence? Or the same anything, for that matter?

if you don't all these things...why are you then warning me about my gloomy CT future ? You have proven throughout this thread...that you generalize people based on their belief in CT. Apparently, we are all dumb morons, seconds away from mass shootings, sad outcasts who can't get laid and blame everything on someone else.

Yes...you have misconceptions about conspiracy theorists.
Yes...you believe all conspiracy theorists have same or similar opinions.
Yes...you think that all conspiracy theorists are morons, and therefore obviously by your reasoning have similar IQ's. Because..you know...it can't be high obviously...since they believe in that stuff...right ?

All broad generalizations and misconceptions, based on your own boxed-up view of reality we live in. Actually...you represent exactly the frame of mind this thread was started for.

Laugh all you want, but there are people on Above Top Secret who would do all those things and worse. They tell their stories on this forum all the time. If your addiction has not yet reached the stage where it causes you to do things like this, you are one of the fortunate ones. All the more reason to change your ways while you still can.

There is no addiction. People you speak off are not that way because they believe in C theories. They are bonkers to begin with. I have also spoken out against such lunatics in this thread's OP.

Contrary to your opinion...I live a pretty peaceful, stress free life. I have a wife, a dog and a white picket fence house. I go to work every morning, I drink coffee...I read the news...and go to bed in the evening and fall asleep completely unburdened by many conspiracy theories I entertain in my head.

I also hang with friends...who like me, my parents love me, and my coleagues appreciate me. I've kept the same job for the last 8 years.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

i wear my ATS shirt around town. sometimes a person will ask, "so, are you one of those crazy conspiracy theorist?"

exactly what I'm talking about. The media has managed to get us all in the same box. Just like our co-member Astyanax. You must be crazy to question anything. They use the lunatics which roam freely among us...to paint an ugly picture of anyone that doesn't accept the official narrative.

That is a conspiracy in itself.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It appears that on some sites, certain conspiracies are not allowed to be talked about, which has perhaps rooted out some of the more intelligent members that were banned or left.

Added to that the influx of mobile and social media demographic that are perhaps less informed on such issues, there appears to be an increase of ludicrous, silly youtube videos, topics that were debunked many times before, lack of comprehension of known conspiracies etc.

I guess the this is how conspiracy is evolving. If there are those that do not want the truth known, chances are they will be attempting discrediting conspiracies and conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

certainly looks that way . shafted by a venomous snake , or a even a dirty axe, but then im not to sure it's venom.. more like sugar water.. imagine if there was no tnc , ide really love to see that

party eh , can you point me in the direction of the sweet counter ? ;D

funbox

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

is that so?

Most assuredly.

then explain

we need to take back CT from the crazies

And to whom will you give it?

I anticipate fun.

wasn't referring to me here was you ? or am I now a paranoid crazy ?
but then how could you make that observation from your previous comments ?

all very perplexing dirtyax

funbox

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Oh yes. I'm sure these people do go to church, celebrate Easter and birthdays, and patronize public entertainments. This is what normal people do. They participate in the society they inhabit.

They are programmed to fantasy land.

One more theme park with wild rides…

Moooooo…

I feel genuinely sorry for those who can see no virtue in such interactions, in shared celebration and the affirmation of the ties that bind us together and make us human.

Being human and sharing isn't dependent on "norms" of society. Some people get together for no other reason than to be with one another. They don't need to go someplace to have fun, in fact thats the distraction from interacting. A 'fun park', television, a holiday, are all provided as distraction away from being human.

And welcome to the internet where billions of people share and interact more closely than they ever could at some theme park. Some peoples idea of fun is to be whirled around, made to be numb with excitement, titillate their taste buds. Some peoples idea of fun is to learn from each other and the world around them.

I have more fun discovering the truth about something than a mountain of roller coasters, holiday gifts and sparkly lights could ever provide.

My reward is an aha moment of awareness, not a feel good.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

You are being very cryptic...it's hard to discuss anything this way. There is no hidden agenda here...and no insulting of any member here...at least not from me.

After re reading the thread again and your comments through out I would like to apologize for my earlier misinterpretations of your position and your comments to me. Got it wrong again… sorry about that.

So how do we define Aha moment ? what is it ? an evidence ? a feeling ?

Knowledge, experience and events. For instance, look at this screen capture I made from a video of JFK motorcade as it nears the entrance to Dealy Plaza.

In the shot we see the presidents limo in the distance just turning the corner onto Elm street and the book depository in the back ground.

Whats wrong with this picture?

(Understood if you don't feel like responding and discussing this, I was being a putz and all
.)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You have proven throughout this thread...that you generalize people based on their belief in CT.

I generalize?

Was it I who said

The most ludicrous thing that came out of all this...is that...these people are called...well...you know it....conspiracy theorists. Now I would rather call them idiots and it bothers me.

98 % of people are not free thinkers or remotely in the know about world affairs or even care for it... Such people can easily be manipulated to unknowingly participate in a conspiracy

People think...that if you see something...everybody must be seeing it.

Now show me, please, where I've 'generalized' about conspiracy theorists in my remarks on this thread.

I'll help you. Here's one place:

Conspiracy theorists are not generally given to accurate self-reflection and analysis.

But note the caveat: 'not generally given'.

Please find any other quotes you can to support your accusation and post them or link to them so that we can see what you're talking about.

you believe all conspiracy theorists have same or similar opinions.

May I direct you to this post, on the very first page of the thread (which you must have seen earlier, because you replied to it).

You think that all conspiracy theorists are morons, and therefore obviously by your reasoning have similar IQ's. Because..you know...it can't be high obviously...since they believe in that stuff...right?

Could you please show me where I said this or anything like it, either on this thread or any other?

(Other followers of this silly conversation are also welcome to try, if they wish.)

As a matter of fact, you are wrong. One of my favourite writers — who is also acknowledged as being one of the most influential of the twentieth century — is the late Eric Arthur Blair, whom you may know better as George Orwell. Blair, whom I deeply admire and respect, even venerate, was a conspiracy theorist. He believed, among other things, that the Billy Bunter stories were written by a team of hacks (or shills) hired by conservative newspaper magnates of the era to bamboozle the working classes and to keep them down. He was dead wrong about this — just as he was wrong in his prognostications of a totalitarian future for Europe and the world — but that does not make him any less of a great writer, or diminish his obvious intelligence.

Contrary to your opinion...I live a pretty peaceful, stress free life. I have a wife, a dog and a white picket fence house. I go to work every morning, I drink coffee...I read the news...and go to bed in the evening and fall asleep completely unburdened by many conspiracy theories I entertain in my head.

I also hang with friends...who like me, my parents love me, and my coleagues appreciate me. I've kept the same job for the last 8 years.

So... you're a dabbler in conspiracy theories, attracted to them like many others because they are easier to make sense of than the real world. Let's hope it stays that way. Unfortunately, for many people, it doesn't.

It puzzles me that you stigmatize genuine, dedicated conspiracy theorists as lunatics. It is they, after all, who formulate the conspiracies you like to believe in. But remember, it is you and not I who regard them in this light. My own explanation is somewhat different; I believe that people formulate or embrace conspiracy theories because they compensate for things that are missing, or difficult to bear, in their lives. The truly insane can't formulate successful conspiracy theories; the ones they come up with are rarely very credible — as you pointed out yourself, in your opening post.

edit on 23/7/15 by Astyanax because: I wanted to give my post (heh) another star.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

wasn't referring to me here was you ? or am I now a paranoid crazy ?
but then how could you make that observation from your previous comments ?

What previous comments? You're quoting my first post on the thread.

And since you didn't post the comment to which I was replying, I'd say 'paranoid crazy' was well within the consideration set. I didn't even have your existence in mind when I wrote that.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And welcome to the internet where billions of people share and interact more closely than they ever could at some theme park.

More closely? Can you feel people's body heat over the internet? Can you smell their sweat and their perfume?

Still, I understand that the internet is a great boon to those who have difficulty with social interaction and physical proximity to others. You are certainly right as far as that is concerned.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

More closely? Can you feel people's body heat over the internet? Can you smell their sweat and their perfume?

So you judge peoples hearts by their appearance, then? Another revelation.

You keep digging that hole deeper, pretty soon you won't be able to climb out.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Most assuredly.

funbox

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join