It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You must kill us first, but we're Muslim': Tourist reveals how hotel workers formed 'human shield'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Don't bother answering because the answer is no ordinary citizen would do that.

Ordinary citizens do things like this on a rather constant basis. If you choose not to believe this, that is, of course, your business.

Responding in anger? That would be you. I merely pointed out that you're mistaken.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Just found out I guy who I worked with , his wife got killed and I'm actually warmed by the actions of some of the Muslims , and I never thought I'd say it .

Some of the hotel workers chained the doors and stood guarding the Brits with knives .

Thank you for that information.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Considering the picture, and those doubting, those men were walking closely behind him what happened before the picture was taken I don't know,

He could have turned around and shot them at any moment.

There was also a picture of a group of men comforting a female tourist, so obviously they cared.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What an amazing act of bravery, to protect their fellow man, whether they be Black, White, Christian, Muslim. It shows me that the world is full of amazing people that love their fellow humans. And that only a small group of ideologically haters with their own goals can create huge ripples. It is up to all of us to not let their hate grow. ANd continue to love thy neighbor. It didn't matter to these brave people who created a human shield, What the tourist beliefs were, just that they were not going to let another human kill for an Ideology

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
They need a medal who chased him and put themselves in between him and the westerners .

Video just broke

news.sky.com...
edit on 29-6-2015 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

eleven minute video of hotel workers chasing gunmen.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Many have seen this image before a similar kind of thing...

Christians faced outward and joined hands in a circle to protect a Muslim group of protesters....

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

Never hurts to remind people of that, does it?

There are many more good people then bad. Lots of people who will step up to help their fellow man, and protect, at great risk, their fellow man.

Contrary to opinions stating otherwise...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Unarmed people do not chase an armed person in the open unless they know there is no chance of them been shot.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Are there any other pictures of this "human shield" other than that single one...?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
there is this''

A British survivor of the Tunisian hotel massacre says brave Tunisians formed a human shield to protect Western tourists.

John Yeoman, who was in the hotel next to the one targeted by the gunman, said the men in the background of a picture taken during the shooting were not stood watching the gunman - but trying to save people.

The 46 year-old transport worker from Kettering described how the staff at the Bellevue hotel lined up to prevent killer gunman Seifeddine Rezgui from going into the hotel after he opened fire.

www.mirror.co.uk...

There are many articles

Tunisian hotel workers recall terror: 'We opened our breasts against the bullets'
Tourist staff describe how they formed human shield against gunman during attack on western tourists in Sousse
www.theguardian.com...

Another Briton, Ian Symes, wrote to Mr Yeoman: “I’m with you - was on beach at Palm marina - whilst we were running to hide, hotel staff were running out to help, very brave.”
www.independent.co.uk... tml

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have put myself in harms way not even over people but because adreline made me a #ing idiot.

So its not hard to believe people would not it for a worthy cause.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

If adrelaline made me risk my neck to go full retard tosave a £2 million peace of gear for a face less corp then adrelaline can make people put there necks on the line for other people.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

This is a truly amazing and uplifting turn of events. What wonderful people these men are. Heroes, in the truest sense.

I have heard and seen (on this very site actually, numerous times) people say that all followers of Islam are evil monsters, etc. and that they need to be "wiped off the face of the planet", or other equally horrid variations of that sentiment; advocating the cold, methodical eradication of an entire religion and the people who follow it. Like Matthew Hopkins killing innocent Witches by burning or drowning them for simply being what they were.

In fact, my own housemate launched a screaming, drunken tirade at me one night in the very recent past because he said that all Muslims need to be "rounded up and executed"...including US-born citizens; women, children, babies, all of them, everywhere; that it would be "the only way to make sure terrorism ends for good", and I committed the atrocious crime of declining to agree with that assessment. As if heritage has anything to do with it, or as if simply following the teachings of the Koran and exercising their First Amendment rights somehow makes them automatically predisposed to becoming instruments of terror. I grew up in the Middle East, so I know better than that, but trying to reason with him just made him yell even louder.

Ditto trying to tell him that terrorism is not really about religious beliefs, but about power and political gain; that killing people in the name of Allah is no different than David Koresh or Timothy McVeigh killing people in the name of their God. It is terrorism just the same, and if we started killing innocent Muslims with impunity out of blind and senseless hatred, we'd be no better than the very people he was ranting about in the first place; actually worse in a way; like saying terrorism is acceptable, as long as it's our terrorists, or that so-called"Christian" terrorists are somehow better than Muslim terrorists because they use the Bible as an excuse for murder instead of the Koran.

His final words on the subject were: "If the so-called 'good' Muslims don't want to be treated with hatred, then they need to get off their asses and do something to stop all the other ones. If they won't do that, then they need to die like all the rest." It was patently ridiculous and outrageous of him to even suggest such a thing; that these people somehow need to prove their worth as human beings before they can be allowed to coexist with us...but when I saw this post I remembered it immediately, and it really made my heart smile.

Of course, they didn't perform this act of heroism to prove their worth...nor were they required to. They could have been wrong and lost their lives, but they took that chance because of their faith that Allah would protect them and thus protect the people they were shielding. They were the very embodiment of anti-terrorism, literally standing up against it.

Well today when the housemate gets home I think I'll ask him how those bitter words taste now, served on top of that big slice of Humble Pie. Maybe an ice cold glass of Don't You Feel Stupid will help him choke it down. I'm not going to hold out hope that his attitude will totally change but maybe, along with others like him, he will see the wrong in wanting to punish the many for the actions of a few...it would be a good start, anyway.

Thank you for posting that and giving me something to smile about today. S&F

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

the evidence says otherwise.

Adrenaline can make people do amazingly brave things. When you're done, it's what the hell was I thinkin'?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Unarmed people do not chase an armed person in the open unless they know there is no chance of them been shot.

You are completely incorrect and obviously not Irish . If I remember right they caught Michael Stone and beat the crap out of him.

edit on 29-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

WOW I don't remember this specific incident, but I remember those days.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Even though there was no mention of these things in the main BBC news I think this shows look north dealing with the stories well, most of the survivors from our area say they wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the Tunisian people.

link: www.bbc.co.uk... (expires 7pm tomorrow)

link: www.bbc.co.uk... (after expiration)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob333
Even though there was no mention of these things in the main BBC news I think this shows look north dealing with the stories well, most of the survivors from our area say they wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the Tunisian people.

link: www.bbc.co.uk... (expires 7pm tomorrow)

link: www.bbc.co.uk... (after expiration)

Interesting Rob thanks
edit on 093030p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Some people will not agree with me and that is OK. What would have been nice is that when this crazy man started shooting he found himself facing a hundred or so guns. If just one person had been there with a gun they could have stopped all of this before it even got started. Maybe they need to start paying cops to get a suntan.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join