It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any of you remember when you chose your sexual orientation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Mecanophilia is also not a conscious choice. It does not mean that a person is born sexually attracted to cars. Or are you claiming a man born in 1509 was born with a sexual attraction to a 1960 Ford Mustang that was not even invented yet?

Man who gets aroused seeing a shoe?

Paraphilias and Sexualities, although similar in many respects, are not the same thing. Paraphilias, like fetishes, can begin after birth.

You mean like sexual orientation? The evidence you gave to show their differences are actually similarities.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
They are very different. But, still...a few derailed the entire thread. The original poster I think is offline. He asked 1 question. Just a couple had to just destroy the discussion.

edit on 28-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Please stop replying to me as i have no interest in militaristic trolls. I gave you all the answers you will get, you keep asking for the same things you have already gotten. I have no idea what your problem is, but it will not become my problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I never had to make a choice because nature worked out fine for me.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 I have not asked you for anything. The Op asked a question, if you didn't have an answer, you should have moved on.

edit on 28-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Off topic
edit on 28-6-2015 by Ericthedoubter because: OT

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter That is a good memory, but that is not the point of the thread. That is when you realized your orientation or natural leaning. It is not when you made a choice.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot As for me. But the OP asked about 'when you chose.' If you did not have to choose, there was no choice.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I was born this way ... then I was born a completely different way .. then I went back to being born the way I was first born not the way I was secondly born ...

Gender dysphoria is much more common in children than in adults. However, the majority of children
with gender dysphoria do not grow up to be adults with gender dysphoria: They seem to outgrow it.
Studies that have followed children with a strong desire to be of the opposite sex have found that only a
very small proportion of these children continue to have gender dysphoria when they grow up (Zucker &
Bradley, 1995).

www.cpa.ca...

Or did they choose to be a boy ... then choose to be a girl ... or choose to be a boy again?

Or are NEITHER accurate descriptions, you are neither "born that way" or "choose that way" .... which is what my position has been.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfederateZombie
a reply to: reldra

People choose to be gay in them all the time. (choice)

We are still talking about human nature here, not choice: men turning to men for sexual release is very common in places where women are either absent or not allowed to have sex, prison being one of those places. And not all men engage in homosexual sex in prison: according to a 2009 survey 19% of men and 5% of women reported having consensual sex with the same gender in prison (This was a survey in Illinois by Abiona et al).

edit on 28-6-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2015 by Agartha because: Spelling!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I was born this way ... then I was born a completely different way .. then I went back to being born the way I was first born not the way I was secondly born ...

Gender dysphoria is much more common in children than in adults. However, the majority of children
with gender dysphoria do not grow up to be adults with gender dysphoria: They seem to outgrow it.
Studies that have followed children with a strong desire to be of the opposite sex have found that only a
very small proportion of these children continue to have gender dysphoria when they grow up (Zucker &
Bradley, 1995).

www.cpa.ca...

Or did they choose to be a boy ... then choose to be a girl ... or choose to be a boy again?

Or are NEITHER accurate descriptions, you are neither "born that way" or "choose that way" .... which is what my position has been.

The sarcasm disrespects the thread and William of Okham.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I did not choose to be straight.

I did not choose to have increased blood pressure, shallow breath, a staggering weight upon my chest when I first realised I was attracted to a young lady, nor did I choose for my skin to become greasy with sweat, or my palms to become clammy. I did not chose any of it. I is merely what it is.

There are paths along this road that we do not chose, but walk none the less.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
All I know is when I was young, and I would watch One Day at a Time, with Valerie Bertinelli, I got that feeling like when you climb the rope all the way to the top. Can't remember any doubts at all. And I am old now, but she is still hot.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hmmm, I see most are saying it was when they realized they were attracted to the opposite sex.

But for me, it was when a friend hit on me. That's when I knew I wasn't attracted to women. Until then, I didn't know.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Can any of you remember when you chose your sexual orientation?

I'll let you know when I do...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I've loved the ladies since I was very young.

One of the neighborhood girls gave me a kiss on the cheek back in the 80s. That's when I knew.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am bisexual, and relatively gender fluid as far as expressed gender identity goes. I believe that I should have been male. I never chose any of that.

At 3-ish, I could not figure out a reason why girls had to like boys. I also really didn't understand why I couldn't be a girl and have a penis at the same time. When I was 9, a girl a year or two older than me tried to make some moves on me. I wanted to make out with her, more than I wanted to watch cartoons, even, but instead I ran as fast as I could back to my momma, because if my momma ever found out I'd been smooching with a chick, my ass would've been tanned so bad that Tanning Mom would look at my ass and go "damn, that's tan." It also occurred to me that the other kids in the trailer park already threw rocks at me for being a freak, so it was probably not a good idea to be the only openly queer 9 year old.

In high school, I cross-dressed on the reg, and I never felt comfortable with the junk I was born with, especially when I physically matured. It was like hell, like waking up in the wrong body every day, and it still gets pretty miserable from time to time. I had a couple of almost-girlfriends then, as well as a couple of almost-boyfriends, but nothing ever took off. When you are the kind of weird I am, it's hard to date anyone of either sex.

Since then, I've pursued men and women just about equally. I've wound up with men primarily, because heterosexual guys are much lower-hanging fruit and I'm not poorly built lol. Also, weird starts to gain allure as you get older, I have learned.

All throughout this, I did not "decide" anything about how I felt about my sex/love interests, nor how I felt about my mismatched body. I just felt that way. I remember my first boy crush, and I remember my first girl crush, I remember the first time I dressed like a boy, and the first time I dressed like neither a boy or a girl, and this all came before the age of 5 or 6.

So uh, choice? Yeah. Riiiiiiiiight. Why in the hell would I choose that?

ETA: I grew up in rural Texas. So, seriously.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Phototropic because: I thought I was your only vato

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfederateZombie

But my world has Rainbows and Glitter! you can visit for free if you like!

i don't have to rationalize any Perversion because there is nothing perverted about me

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There's no doubt in my mind that you're born with your orientation. My son is only a year and a half and he is definitely straight. And I'm not some homophobe that is seeing what I hope to be reality, I would love him regardless. But in the grocery store when men try to talk to him he couldn't care less. In fact, he kind of gives them the stink eye. But women? Oh my, he straight up flirts!

The anti-gay crowd needs to give it a rest. No one is asking them to have sex with someone of their same gender. A gay couple marrying has no bearing on their own marriage. Live and let live, yo.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It was a Tuesday, saw a flash deal on amazon, couldn't resist.

9/10

Would pick again.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join