It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any of you remember when you chose your sexual orientation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I tend to frequent topics that has a main focus on Sexualities and Sexual Orientation that claim that "so and so people just choose to be the way they are." From what I've seen these same individuals who claim this have very poor abilities to respond to actual facts that are placed within those same threads. Facts such as biological and neurological traits that have been documented within thousands of subjects in hundreds of studies, lists of thousands of other species that exhibit sexualities that are anything but heterosexual, and peer reviewed paper after peer reviewed paper.

But, their claim HAS to come from somewhere, doesn't it? I mean, how can someone reject all that information (not disprove it, just reject it) without having some foundation for their claim?

I personally did not choose to be straight, nor did my wife choose to be bisexual, nor did many of my friends choose to be homosexual or heterosexual (their words, not mine). We all seemed to merely "discover" who we are attracted to, rather than choose it. Nevertheless, the claim that "homosexuals choose to be homosexuals" and "it's just a lifestyle choice" float around in an ever-populous manner.

So I would like to hear from those that claim that "Sexual Orientation is a choice" when they can honestly remember when they chose to be attracted to the same gender, the opposite gender, both genders, or what have you?

Has anyone else here ever chose who they were attracted to?

To clarify, I'm not trying to debate if sexual orientation or sexuality is a choice or not, but if someone here did make a conscious choice, I would love to hear your experience leading up to that choice if you're willing to share.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I would like to answer, but it seems like when I express my views they get deleted.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

No I can't I never had any urge or anything towards the same sex.
Many obviously do have the urge and choose to be straight but they are just gay or bi.
I saw a post yesterday where the guy said he chooses to be straight often resisting urges but could not see that actual straight men never choose to be straight.
I don't think anyone chooses to be any sexual preference unless they are fighting whom they actually are on the inside.
edit on 28-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfederateZombie

Hi American Zombie...obvious dude, so obvious lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I can remember.

I had 'friends' who wanted something that I was not expecting or intending to give. It made me evaluate what I wanted to do.

I chose, quite emphatically, to say no to them (which impacted friendships negatively) and cemented the realization that my sexual attraction was purely heterosexual.

To this day I have issues and recoil from physical contact, even quite platonic contact, with males (hand shakes are OK but hugs are a definite no-no).

edit on 28/6/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

(post by ConfederateZombie removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Well this is just a discussion on your own personal experience, so I can't see anything be out of poor taste in accordance to the forum rules in this matter.

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I can remember.

Could you elaborate on your experience?

link   
Given that I never got to CHOOSE my sexual orientation, no I do not.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfederateZombie
a reply to: boymonkey74

What are you talking about? You are thinking of a different member.

This is worth a read and the video is eye opening also.

patdollard.com... 6/hidden-camera-gays-admit-theyre-not-born-that-way-most-were-raped-by-gays-as-children/

I don't see the video you're referring to?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I lean toward the idea that people who say "they're homosexual because they choose to be homosexual" secretly want to partake in a little homosexuality themselves

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Without a doubt often the loudest screaming anti gay stuff also.
So I take it you never choose your own sexuality?.

(post by ConfederateZombie removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Odd stuff going on when I clicked on that.
Not trusting that site.
edit on 28-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

nope
i don't recall ever sitting down to decide.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

For once Christianity actually has a true and useful answer;

New International Version
For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Matthew 19:12

Eunuch is the colloquial term in Jesus' time that not only referred to castrated men, but gay people as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

So you did choose to be straight? or gay?.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: chr0naut

I can remember.

Could you elaborate on your experience?

I edited my original reply. Please browse back to it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Odd stuff indeed (the truth)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Ah, thank you for sharing your experience

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join