It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any of you remember when you chose your sexual orientation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: Ghost147

I can remember.

I had 'friends' who wanted something that I was not expecting or intending to give. It made me evaluate what I wanted to do.

I chose, quite emphatically, to say no to them (which impacted friendships negatively) and cemented the realization that my sexual attraction was purely heterosexual.

To this day I have issues and recoil from physical contact, even quite platonic contact, with males (hand shakes are OK but hugs are a definite no-no).

That is choosing to say no to homosexual contact and you were put in an awkward position by trusted people...but that was not when you chose your sexuality. You had already chosen.

Perhaps, yes, but it was a painful decision because they were friends. I still wanted friendship but they were persistent and unable, or unwilling to be just a friend. Eventually I had to dissociate with them and the group that accrued.

I have considered if my adverse reaction could be the result of an attempt to self-repress some latent homosexuality but I have concluded that I honestly am not attracted to men.

I am sorry that happened to you.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nowhere in the animal kingdom is it natural to be gay, it's about reproduction. Just think if everyone was gay it would equal the end of mankind. Mental Disorder APA says so.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo The OP is looking for people that made a choice.

If the only people who posted on this thread were people who chose their orientation, the thread would be empty.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Cuervo because: Formatting...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfederateZombie

Nowhere in the animal kingdom is it natural to be gay, it's about reproduction. Just think if everyone was gay it would equal the end of mankind. Mental Disorder APA says so.
You are in for a surprise. Animals behave homosexually and form homosexual, long lasting pairings.

Everyone is not gay and we are overpopulated already.
edit on 28-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You are in for a surprise. Animals behave homosexually and form homosexual, long lasting pairings.

Everyone is not gay and we are overpopulated already.

You are really late to this discussion.
edit on 28-6-2015 by reldra because: I didn;t mean to reply to myself, I meant to edit one.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Mecanophilia is also not a conscious choice. It does not mean that a person is born sexually attracted to cars. Or are you claiming a man born in 1509 was born with a sexual attraction to a 1960 Ford Mustang that was not even invented yet?

Man who gets aroused seeing a shoe?

Just because it's not a conscious choice does not make it "born that way".

With that said, I have known more than a few women who decided men were not worth the hassle and chose to be lesbian from then on out.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

a reply to: Ghost147

I can remember.

I had 'friends' who wanted something that I was not expecting or intending to give. It made me evaluate what I wanted to do.

I chose, quite emphatically, to say no to them (which impacted friendships negatively) and cemented the realization that my sexual attraction was purely heterosexual.

To this day I have issues and recoil from physical contact, even quite platonic contact, with males (hand shakes are OK but hugs are a definite no-no).

What you write is exactly what would be expected from a heterosexual man who has experienced homosexual contact. There was no choosing on your part I imagine, just a negative experience that has scarred you deeply.
I'm sorry to hear that you went through that and hope it hasn't affected your ability to find a female mate.

The only people who actually get to do anything close to 'choosing' is bisexual men because they are genuinely attracted to both sexes and often have to make a choice when it comes to settiling down with someone. There are those who don't though and play both sides of the fence throughout their life.

I married a beautiful woman, had kids (both male & female) and they now have kids (all boys so far). I have no issues with cuddling my grandkids, though.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I have my opinion and you have yours we will see who wins in the end

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfederateZombie

No one is saying that all of mankind needs to be gay, just that it is not a choice.

Something you have yet to address. Your mental illness point is not only false but also says it's not a choice.
You can't choice to have a mental illness.

Also as already pointed out, we have seen homosexuality in nature.

Please bring the religious reasons next.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

You really are living in the past. The APA hasn't said that since 1973.

And you have got to be kidding me with the "no gayness in the animal kingdom". Gay animals are everywhere. And sexuality is purely about reproduction? Ok then... tell that to all the infertile hetero men and women out there. Tell them they are unnatural and just wasting their time. Those orgasms and intimacy are totally in their heads, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Mecanophilia is also not a conscious choice. It does not mean that a person is born sexually attracted to cars. Or are you claiming a man born in 1509 was born with a sexual attraction to a 1960 Ford Mustang that was not even invented yet?

Man who gets aroused seeing a shoe?

Just because it's not a conscious choice does not make it "born that way".

With that said, I have known more than a few women who decided men were not worth the hassle and chose to be lesbian from then on out.

Oh my a fetish and something you claim some women you knew said or decided. NOPE.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I have my opinion and you have yours we will see who wins in the end
Not an opinion, fact.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

And you know they are still not attracted to men how?

Eta: holy batman typo
edit on thSun, 28 Jun 2015 03:44:24 -0500America/Chicago620152480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I remember as a young girl being who I am...I did not choose to be who I am...I just am...who I naturally am.

I say...live and let live...love is love...goodness is goodness...and let's get on with life, love and acceptance.

(post by ConfederateZombie removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Delusion, but don't worry they will have a pill for it soon
edit on 28-6-2015 by ConfederateZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea
That is sort of the point. You are who you are. We can search high and low for people that made a conscious choice but I doubt any will be found.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Delusion, but don't worry they will have a pill for it soon
And I hope you are first on the list to receive it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Yes like an utopia! We will ride unicorns and...............

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

They were forced to change it just like they were forced to change being a pedophile is a sexual orientation similar to gays in 2013
You are trolling now right? Or you need serious help.

They changed nothing, you misread it. It was never changed from being a disorder, but was included under paraphilia. There was a differentiation made between thinking and acting, but it has always been a disorder.
edit on 28-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join