It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any of you remember when you chose your sexual orientation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I can. I was about 7 years old and me and my best buddy climbed a tree...

**I can't think of any possible way to tell this part of the story without having my post removed, so I'll just skip to the end...

he wound up with pee in his mouth and I wound up getting punched in the nose and falling out of a tree.

That's when I chose not to be gay.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

You don't like facts, they make you angry and call people names.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Mecanophilia is also not a conscious choice. It does not mean that a person is born sexually attracted to cars. Or are you claiming a man born in 1509 was born with a sexual attraction to a 1960 Ford Mustang that was not even invented yet?

Man who gets aroused seeing a shoe?

Just because it's not a conscious choice does not make it "born that way".

With that said, I have known more than a few women who decided men were not worth the hassle and chose to be lesbian from then on out.

Oh my a fetish and something you claim some women you knew said or decided. NOPE.

Fetish? Being gay is a fetish if that is. They are sexually attracted to cars. Just like a gay man is attracted to another man. Just because YOU want there to be a difference does not mean there actually is.

You can say NOPE all you want, but I am not talking just 1 woman, I am talking several who were sexually attracted to men all their life and just got tired of cheating/abuse and decided to only date women, and had ZERO interest in women prior.

So you say that I am a straight woman attracted to straight males is merely a fetish? Like people who are sexually turned on by shoes? You are deluded.

Not what I said at all, in the slightest. Let me clarify since you are obviously not smart enough to understand and too militaristic to keep conversing with a fool.

What we are attracted to is not a case of "born that way" or "choose that way", and trying to dumb it down to that simply makes you a fool. The truth is far more complex and involves things such as random chance, what were you looking at when you had your first erection? Societal norms. It's a far more complex set of interactions than you choose to believe.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader That is more of a natural reaction, to you. Not an actual choice. Choice would be that you liked 2 different things and chose one. Or like 3 things and chose one.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfederateZombie

You have brought ZERO facts to the table and that wasn't anger.
Name calling, maybe, kind of, if i wasn't using it as an example
edit on 6/28/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/28/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: dang commas

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 I stopped reading at 'not smart enough'

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Fact 1: Mental disorder
Fact 2: Some choose
Fact 3: Gross
edit on 28-6-2015 by ConfederateZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Probably a good idea, the rest of it contained ideas most likely far too complex for someone who wants to dumb sexual orientation/arousal down to "born that way".

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Probably a good idea, the rest of it contained ideas most likely far too complex for someone who wants to dumb sexual orientation/arousal down to "born that way".

Sexual orientation includes nature vs. nurture. The point of t his thread is quite simple, though. You should go back to the OP.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfederateZombie

Wait..what? did you just describe Heterosexuality?

Laugh a little, your facts are your ignorant opinions..see right now you have a choice to remain ignorant or expand your thinking
edit on 28-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Mecanophilia is also not a conscious choice. It does not mean that a person is born sexually attracted to cars. Or are you claiming a man born in 1509 was born with a sexual attraction to a 1960 Ford Mustang that was not even invented yet?

Man who gets aroused seeing a shoe?

Paraphilias and Sexualities, although similar in many respects, are not the same thing. Paraphilias, like fetishes, can begin after birth.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No they are all true. You are the one living in a delusional world trying to rationalize sexual perversion.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I stopped answering Hannibal Lecter.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I stopped answering Hannibal Lecter.

It's like trying to explain to a rock that its made of stone

link   
a reply to: reldra

Feel better now no mask.

link   

LOL.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Sexual orientation includes nature vs. nurture. The point of t his thread is quite simple, though. You should go back to the OP.

The point of discourse is to move forward, not backwards. Why would I go back to something I already addressed?

"Choice" or "born that way" is the old Nature OR nurture debate. It's a stupid debate. The real debate is the interaction between nature AND nurture.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The point of discourse is to move forward, not backwards. Why would I go back to something I already addressed?

"Choice" or "born that way" is the old Nature OR nurture debate. It's a stupid debate. The real debate is the interaction between nature AND nurture.

The OP had a question. That is what was asked. If you have some other issue, make a new thread.

I didn't answer it directly, since I had no 'choice' moment. No actual 'choice' moments could be found from others, either. So, I take it that here, on ATS , from the ppl online that saw the thread, there were none.

Based upon the small sample, it is not a matter of choice. Based upon larger, publicly available studies, it is not a choice. So, unless there is more on "When did you choose?" You would be done here.
edit on 28-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
yeah take your facts to a different thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfederateZombie
a reply to: caladonea

Yes like an utopia! We will ride unicorns and...............

Your sarcasm is recognized...also I say to you...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join