It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality - A different Perspective

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Because those born as homosexuals are not sinning. And those who are born straight know that trying gay sex is a sin for them.

Brother I think its quite clear that gay sex is a sin. Hebrew 13:4 "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous." Having sex outside of the marriage bed is sexually immoral. Marriage is a unification of a man and woman before God. Two men simply can't get married before God, and therefore two men simply cant have sex without sinning.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The drive to always and only ever want to have sex in such a way as to never procreate is indeed a flaw or imperfection as it guarantees your genes will not be passed on.

I repeat. This is only true if your belief of perfection is reproduction, then yes, in your belief system, it would be seen as a "flaw".

originally posted by: ketsuko

The sex act exists for one reason - reproduction.

That's just a belief that sex exists only for procreation. Just because sex is used for reproduction that doesn't mean it only exists for that purpose alone.
edit on 23-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Or maybe, what was considered to be the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was rape and not homosexuality.

Saying homosexuality is an imperfection is just another moral opinion. True Morality is following The Narrow Path by doing to others as you would have them do to you because this is the real Law of God and what the real Prophets teach (Matthew 7:12-14).

I agree. There is objective ruling and subjective ruling. Objective proves what the fruit is and from what tree it comes.
. Two equal souls connecting in symbiosis/love can not be wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: Isurrender73

What is the significance of Jesus never talking about it at all in the New Testament?

He talks about all manner of things, including taxes.

Because those born as homosexuals are not sinning. And those who are born straight know that trying gay sex is a sin for them.

Or more likely, homosexuality is such an unimportant issue it's not worth discussing.

Taxes on the hand ...

Perhaps you didn't realize that people are being murdered for being homosexual. I think it is a VERY IMPORTANT issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In fact, in the OT God doesn't directly refer to it either.

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you have never really read the Old or New T. I wont quote all the scriptures where God speaks on this, but I can if you like.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

The Heavenly Father did not speak against Homosexuality in The New Testament, unless you believe Paul is God now.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

There is no such things as "Gay Sex" because everything we do, straight people have done and will do

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The Heavenly Father did not speak against Homosexuality in The New Testament, unless you believe Paul is God now.

I won't get into the Paul thing as I think that is a ridiculous argument. But homosexuality as a sin is also confirmed by Jude the brother of James, both of who are half-brothers of Jesus Christ.

Jude 1:7 "just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, 4 serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire."

And of course there is this one from the big G himself:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

There is no such things as "Gay Sex" because everything we do, straight people have done and will do

Lol I wasn't referring to the actions during sex, but rather the members participating. Having sex with a member of the same gender is a sin. That shouldn't be offensive to you, apart from Christ we are all sinners and we are all in the same boat.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The Koran actually doesn't say that homosexuality was reason for Sodom's downfall.. Some modern Muslims even believe it to be violence and disorder that led to Sodom's downfall. Regardless, we don't need religions marginalizing people for who they choose to be with. In fact, there are too many people on earth as it is so we need less straight couples having children.
edit on 23-6-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No one has been able to explain exactly 'why' Homosexuality is a Sin... especially if we are all "sins" or "sin" or whatever.. i mean like i stated i'm ignorant on Religion, and i don't subscribe to it. but maybe i'm just missing something?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I won't get into the Paul thing as I think that is a ridiculous argument. But homosexuality as a sin is also confirmed by Jude the brother of James, both of who are half-brothers of Jesus Christ.

And yet, they aren't God, so it wasn't God speaking against homosexuality in The New Testament, so what you said about God speaking against homosexuality in The New Testament is not true.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AudioOne
The Koran actually doesn't say that homosexuality was the sin in Sodom.. Some modern Muslims even believe it to be violence and disorder that led to Sodom's downfall. Regardless, we don't need religions marginalizing people for who they choose to be with. In fact, there are too many people on earth as it is so we need less straight couples having children.

The earth has plenty of space for more children.

I'll agree that homosexuality was not the only reason that they were destroyed, but it was clearly one of the main reasons. The men of Sodom wanted to run a train on the angels who were disguised as human men. Lot even offered his virgin daughters instead, but that's not what they wanted, they wanted the men to have sex with.

Genesis 19:4 "But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, so that we can have sex with them.” 6 Lot went out to the men at the entrance, shut the door after him, 7 and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. 8 Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please. Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

Why people think that homosexuality is not against God is beyond my understanding.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And yet, they aren't God, so it wasn't God speaking against homosexuality in The New Testament, so what you said about God speaking against homosexuality in The New Testament is not true.

So when Jesus said this " “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” What did he mean?

Why didn't he say "He made them male and male?". Clearly Jesus was giving a clear cut example of what a true marriage is. Moreover, why would he need to even mention homosexuality when everyone already knew that such behavior was against God? It was not Jesus's job to give a list of all the things that God finds sinful, most people already knew those. But some things needed a little more clarification. Homosexuality was not one of them.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If God is Love and The Law of God is Compassion - to do unto others as you would have them do to you, then it is obvious that there is no reason to judge/condemn homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

Why people think that homosexuality is not against God is beyond my understanding.

If your god is against two people loving one another then I want no art if it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If God is Love and The Law of God is Compassion - to do unto others as you would have them do to you, then it is obvious that there is no reason to judge/condemn homosexuality.

It's not me who is doing the judging or condemning. It's God who has done that. I'm simply saying that I agree with his judgement.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peter vlar

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

If your god is against two people loving one another then I want no art if it.

There is nothing wrong with two people loving each other. I love my brother and sister, but I don't want to have sex with them. Sex is not love, it is a biological event. Love is an emotion or a feeling. They are not the same thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

God is love, therefore God is not against two gay people in a loving relationship. It's simple logic - the narrow path. God does not do non-sense/hypocrisy and go against his own nature. If he did, then the devil already won because he got not only humans, but God himself to go against his own nature.

God is Love, not partiality, not sometimes loving but Love.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No one has been able to explain exactly 'why' Homosexuality is a Sin... especially if we are all "sins" or "sin" or whatever.. i mean like i stated i'm ignorant on Religion, and i don't subscribe to it. but maybe i'm just missing something?

The word sin means is an old archery term that means to miss the mark. God created man and woman to join together in marriage. Not trying to be mean or degrading, but surely you can see that the way life was designed was male and female. Homosexuality and any other form of sexual immorality such a premarital sex is sinful because it breaks the sanctity of marriage. You miss the mark. Marriage is sacred because it is meant to be a physical representation of Christ relationship to the Church. The man is meant to symbolize God and the Woman is meant to symbolize the Church. The typification for Marriage is much longer than what I've put forth as its based on marriage from ancient Judaism which is quite different from our marriages today.

21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

Now notice that this passage says the people God gives up to there passions because they chose to sacrifice the truth about God(message of salvation) for images of that resemble man. In my opinion this passage is talking about people who choose to ignore the message of truth simply because they would prefer something be a different way.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

God is Love, and two gay people getting married with Love for one another is not an unloving to do, therefore is not a sin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join