It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality - A different Perspective

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't usually like, nor encourage, going past the scriptures to explain the scriptures. Yet that is what I am about to do.

The Koran adds an element to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. This may not seem like much, but it is written in the Koran so perhaps it is telling us something.

According to the Koran, Homosexuality was first practiced in Sodom and Gomorrah. Never before had a man thought to have sex with a man. For these men homosexuality was a sin, they burned in lust, even forming rape parties because of their obsession.

In the Garden of Eden we are told sin entered the flesh through one act of disobedience. Is it possible that homosexuality entered into the flesh through one act of sexual sin?

When we look closer at the story of Lot, we find that Lot is only permitted to leave with his family. But his wife turned back, showing that her heart was sinful and wanted to return to the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah.

This is important because what happens next preserves the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. The daughters get their father too drunk to be coherent and both become pregnant. Although Lot was a righteousness man, the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was pased on to the Moabites and the Ammonites through his daughters.

This can also explain why Moses forbids the Irealites from homosexuality. Lot and Abraham seperated. So the defect in flesh that was handed down through Lot's line is not part of Isreal. Lot's children are gentiles, so we should expect to find gentiles who are homosexual. And history records this as a fact.

In the NT and the Koran, it is forbidden for anyone to go against thier nature sexually. The verses in the NT and Koran suggest that a straight man has strayed and become inflamed with unnatural lust.

These verses cannot apply to someone born homosexual. However, in the NT their is a Greek word Effeminate that is considered a sin mentioned alongside temple prostitution.

I believe the NT is teaching that it is a sin for a feminine man, or homosexual, to try and seduce straight men. Just as it would be a sin for a straight man to try gay sex.

Just as none can avoid sin because we are born with imperfect minds, some cannot avoid homosexuality because of the imperfect flesh.

For those born attracted to the same sex you have been born into chaos. At times it may have even felt that way.

I do not know if our sins are handed down through genetics, chaos or a combination of both. Someday we may genetically define homosexuality, but I find it equally likely that homosexuality is merely chaos that was born into the world through Sodom and Gomorrah and passed down through Lot's daughters.

I can't prove the scriptures say this, but my heart says amen.

Some people are born with the imperfection of being attracted to the same sex. They are not sinners, they are homosexual.

Is anyone listening?
edit on 23-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
I don't usually like, nor encourage, going past the scriptures to explain the scriptures. Yet that is what I am about to do.

The Koran adds an element to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. This may not seem like much, but it is written in the Koran so perhaps it is telling us something.

According to the Koran, Homosexuality was first practiced in Sodom and Gomorrah. Never before had a man thought to have sex with a man. For these men homosexuality was a sin, they burned in lust, even forming rape parties because of their obsession.

In the Garden of Eden we are told sin entered the flesh through one act of disobedience. Is it possible that homosexuality entered into the flesh through one act of sexual sin?

When we look closer at the story of Lot, we find that Lot is only permitted to leave with his family. But his wife turned back, showing that her heart was sinful and wanted to return to the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah.

This is important because what happens next preserves the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. The daughters get their father too drunk to be coherent and both become pregnant. Although Lot was a righteousness man, the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was pased on to the Moabites and the Ammonites through his daughters.

This can also explain why Moses forbids the Irealites from homosexuality. Lot and Abraham seperated. So the defect in flesh that was handed down through Lot's line is not part of Isreal. Lot's children are gentiles, so we should expect to find gentiles who are homosexual. And history records this as a fact.

In the NT and the Koran, it is forbidden for anyone to go against thier nature sexually. The verses in the NT and Koran suggest that a straight man has strayed and become inflamed with unnatural lust.

These verses cannot apply to someone born homosexual. However, in the NT their is a Greek word Effeminate that is considered a sin mentioned alongside temple prostitution.

I believe the NT is teaching that it is a sin for a feminine man, or homosexual, to try and seduce straight men. Just as it would be a sin for a straight man to try gay sex.

Just as none can avoid sin because we are born with imperfect minds, some cannot avoid homosexuality because of the imperfect flesh.

For those born attracted to the same sex you have been born into chaos. At times it may have even felt that way.

I do not know if our sins are handed down through genetics, chaos or a combination of both. Someday we may genetically define homosexuality, but I find it equally likely that homosexuality is merely chaos that was born into the world through Sodom and Gomorrah and passed down through Lot's daughters.

I can't prove the scriptures say this, but my heart says amen.

Some people are born with the imperfection of being attracted to the same sex. They are not sinners, they are homosexual.

Is anyone listening?

I don't agree, but I will commend the thought you've put into your post.
But I do not wish to debate it with you. Have a wonderful day!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Or maybe, what was considered to be the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was rape and not homosexuality.

Saying homosexuality is an imperfection is just another moral opinion. True Morality is following The Narrow Path by doing to others as you would have them do to you because this is the real Law of God and what the real Prophets teach (Matthew 7:12-14).
edit on 23-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What is the significance of Jesus never talking about it at all in the New Testament?

He talks about all manner of things, including taxes.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Or maybe, what was considered to be the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was rape and not homosexuality.

Saying homosexuality is an imperfection is just another moral opinion. True Morality is following The Narrow Path by doing to others as you would have them do to you because this is the real Law of God and what the real Prophets teach (Matthew 7:12-14).

Saying that homosexuality is an imperfection of the flesh is not intended to be degrading. Two people of the same sex cannot procreate. Therefore, the perfect attraction and perfect relationship must be male/female.

However, none of us are physically perfect. Homosexuality is just one of those imperfections. This is honesty not an insult.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
What is the significance of Jesus never talking about it at all in the New Testament?

Because those born as homosexuals are not sinning. And those who are born straight know that trying gay sex is a sin for them.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Two people of the same sex cannot procreate. Therefore, the perfect attraction and perfect relationship must be male/female.

Only if your idea of perfection is based on reproduction rather than Compassion which is God's true Law.

By the way, if everyone were a man, the world would not be able to reproduce. If everyone where an old person, the world would not be able to reproduce. It doesn't mean being a man or old person makes a person imperfection, so neither does being homosexual make someone imperfect.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Because those born as homosexuals are not sinning. And those who are born straight know that trying gay sex is a sin for them.

Or more likely, homosexuality is such an unimportant issue it's not worth discussing.

Taxes on the hand ...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Two people of the same sex cannot procreate. Therefore, the perfect attraction and perfect relationship must be male/female.

Only if your idea of perfection is based on reproduction rather than Compassion which is God's true Law.

By the way, if everyone were a man, the world would not be able to reproduce. If everyone where an old person, the world would not be able to reproduce. It doesn't mean being a man or old person makes a person imperfection, so neither does being homosexual make someone imperfect.

That is flawed logic.

The sex act exists for one reason - reproduction. Our bodies would not have it otherwise. If you want to go down the path of evolution, it is a biologically expensive means of procreating. If we stopped needing it to procreate, the theory dictates that our species would lose the means to have sex as the systems involved make us less efficient organisms and less adapted for survival.

The drive to always and only ever want to have sex in such a way as to never procreate is indeed a flaw or imperfection as it guarantees your genes will not be passed on. Having gender is not the same except inasmuch as it's a side effect of being a sexually reproducing species. A man will pass on his genes given the opportunity to do so, and an old man will have done so given the opportunity at some point in their lifetimes. A gay man will take the opportunity to pass on his genes, but his flaw ensures his partner will never be the kind who can create new life with them.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Or more likely, homosexuality is such an unimportant issue it's not worth discussing.

Taxes on the hand ...

Perhaps you didn't realize that people are being murdered for being homosexual. I think it is a VERY IMPORTANT issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Dig your theory. I think it adds up nicely, espeacially if your going by the bible and not actual history.

Real history tells a far different then the OT or any other religious text, but if we are only analyzing the biblical story, I like it.

The common historical interpretation of the biblical sodom and gahmora is that it's about hospitality. Kinda like game of thrones and the red wedding. "Guests Rights" were HUGE in the anchient world. So it wasn't about homosexuality it was about poor treatment of a guest.

My real life opinion is that homosexuality is a wiring error. not unlike any other mental disorder. Some time ,maybe before birth, maybe at puberty. A wire that's supposed to curl left, curls right. Probubally about 90% of what makes us who we are comes from randomness like that. Our brains are insanely complex. And intricately arranged. People have head tramas every day that completely changes there personality.

However error, malfunction, disability, disorder, whatever causes it. We can't even come close to rewriting people. So screw it. Maybe one day we will have the technology to change people's sexuality......but that day ain't today. So everyone should just mind there own genitals and let others handle there's.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

However error, malfunction, disability, disorder, whatever causes it. We can't even come close to rewriting people. So screw it. Maybe one day we will have the technology to change people's sexuality......but that day ain't today. So everyone should just mind there own genitals and let others handle there's.

Well said, thank you for your contribution.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is a touchy subject. Thank you for your input. I was hoping that most people would see the peace in the message and not feel that I was being negative.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
now i am ignorant in all things religious so excuse me if i'm completely wrong... but if Man wrote the Bible and the stories in it could it be a possibility that they were created to oppress the people?

Also, i think many people and churches interpret the Bible differently.. some use it as a discrimination pass and some don't, so how does anyone truly know the right way? also for those that don't believe in the Bible how can it be used to control our lives, or justify calling me an abomination or sin?
edit on 23-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
now i am ignorant in all things religious so excuse me if i'm completely wrong... but if Man wrote the Bible and the stories in it could it be a possibility that they were created to oppress the people?

Also, i think many people and churches interpret the Bible differently.. some use it as a discrimination pass and some don't, so how does anyone truly know the right way? also for those that don't believe in the Bible how can it be used to control our lives, or justify calling me an abomination or sin?

To me it's about the Holy Spirit. If you look for the Holy Spirit within the religious texts, all of them, you will find the story of spiritual perfection. The spiritual texts teach about an internal goodness, that is divine and perfect. Jesus said that he was that internal perfection. Not believing in Jesus in the flesh is forgivable according to Christ himself, but not believing in the Holy Spirit will leave you feeling empty.

In order to connect with what is divine in you, you must first accept that the divine truly lives within you. When you accept perfection lives in you, then you will know how to follow it.

This is the message I find written.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Taxes on the hand ...

Perhaps you didn't realize that people are being murdered for being homosexual. I think it is a VERY IMPORTANT issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please follow the context of the discussion. I was referring to why Jesus didn't mention it in the NT.

In fact, in the OT God doesn't directly refer to it either.

So, although, it seems to be an important issue to many religious people, it doesn't appear to be a very important issue to Jesus/God.

How you treat your parents is much more important to God (from what he says in the OT and NT) than who you take to bed.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby
Thank you for the clarification.

I agree it shouldn't be a big deal, but for some reason it is.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
These were my comments in a thread of my own, relating to 1 Corinthians ch6;

Our passage includes (vv9-10) a list of the kind of behaviour which means that people will not “inherit the kingdom of heaven”.
The OP has not highlighted the fact that the list includes homosexual behaviour.
However, we need to face up to this, and consider the point from two angles.

On the one hand, there is no denying that the statement is there, and consistent with the statements in Leviticus (ch18 v22 and ch20 v13) calling it an “abomination” that one man should lie with another man as with a woman.

On the other hand, there needs to be, at the same time, a sense of perspective.
This criticism of homosexual behaviour does not appear in isolation.
It is not even the first item on the list.
What is said about homosexual behaviour is also said about people who are adulterers, drunkards, and the just plain greedy.
Therefore nobody should be drawing any conclusions about the status of homosexuals from this chapter unless they are also drawing exactly the same conclusions about adulterers, drunkards, and the greedy.
All these people are in the same boat.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Well in my opinion he does confirm God's intended design for marriage and sex in Matthew 19:

He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and vthe two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well Jesus never mentioned anything about pedophilia or rape, so are we suppose to think those things are ok just because he didn't speak against it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join