It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality - A different Perspective

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

God is love, therefore God is not against two gay people in a loving relationship. It's simple logic - the narrow path. God does not do non-sense/hypocrisy and go against his own nature. If he did, then the devil already won because he got not only humans, but God himself to go against his own nature.

God is Love, not partiality, not sometimes loving but Love.

IF you can show me 1 scripture where God says that homosexuality is ok, then I'll believe it. But there isn't any. God is love, that's true. But God also made the rules for man to follow, and as he said "Isaiah 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth, It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

If homosexual activity was ok with God then he would have never destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for acting in such a manner. And he would have not made it so perfectly clear that it is a sin.

It amazes me how some people pick and choose the parts of the Bible they want to believe but reject the rest. If one part is false then the whole thing is

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I pick bible verses based on Love. There are many writers, but since God is Love, anything not of Love is not of God.
edit on 23-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

God is Love, and two gay people getting married with Love for one another is not an unloving to do, therefore is not a sin.

Just say it's not a sin your eyes, but don't say it's not a sin in God's eyes, because we know that God is clearly against such behavior.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

IMO homosexuals can't get married because marriage is a unification of a man and woman before God, and Jesus confirms this as I mentioned in my earlier post. The marriage certificate is not what makes you married. The commitment you make before God, and his acceptance of it is what makes you married.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I pick bible verses based on Love. There are many writers, but since God is Love, anything not of Love is not of God.

So in other words, the Bible says what you want it say? Forget what it actually says right? Sounds like that New Age stuff to me, they love doing things like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

He is very close to a new ager imo as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Two people getting married with Love for one another is not a sin in Love's eyes and God is Love.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Define Love please.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Two people getting married with Love for one another is not a sin in Love's eyes and God is Love.

Define marriage according to the Bible and show us verses. I want to know what Bible your reading because it is clearly different than mine.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Love is Kindness and Compassion, to do unto others as you would have them do to you. There are many gay relationships in the Spirit of Love which means that there are many gay relationships in The Holy Spirit of God since God is Love.

It's not about living by the letter but living by The Spirit/God/Love.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It's not about living by the letter but living by The Spirit/God/Love.

But you would not know how to live by the Spirit if there was no letter.

The Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,

and

"that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The Law of God/Love is written in the Heart. Some choose not to follow it and try to justify unloving actions with letters/scriptures...

Love is not a doctrine of deceiving spirits since God is Love.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Doing a bit of research, is it true that Isaac and Jacob married cousins and Abraham married his half-sister?

and

www.nybooks.com...

But there was still no special religious meaning to the institution. As the best scholar of sacramental history, Joseph Martos, puts it: “Before the eleventh century there was no such thing as a Christian wedding ceremony in the Latin church, and throughout the Middle Ages there was no single church ritual for solemnizing marriage between Christians.”

it just seems like people use the Bible to promote different ideas and what they personally "Belief" or the church leader they follow into believing..

and for someone like me who doesn't subscribe to a Church or Religion.. i'm not a sin, but to you i am

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Isn't that what different religions do as well? all interpret the Bible into their own "Religion"?
edit on 23-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Love is not a doctrine of deceiving spirits since God is Love.

God is love, but he is not liar. If he said that homosexuality is a sin in his eyes who are we to call him a liar?

edit on 23-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Homosexuality is not against Love, so Love does not say such a thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Isn't that what different religions do as well? all interpret the Bible into their own "Religion"?

People try to make the Bible say all kinds of stuff that it doesn't say and that's a shame. Yes, people twist it all around, but the Bible is very clear about what it has to say in certain areas, and those can't be disputed. You don't have to like what it says, but at least respect it's opinion.

To be honest I would rather people just say that they do not agree with the Bible when it comes to issues like this. But as you can see most still quote verses when it fits their belief system but ignore everything else if it doesn't.

Some keep saying God is love or God this and that, but most of them don't even believe in God. Moreover, they wouldn't even know who or what God is if it didn't come from type of book. The idea of God would be totally foreign to us without some kind of scriptures to go on. So how can anyone say what God is or isn't if they haven't read anything about God?

Some want God in their life, they just don't want to follow the rules he has set. For those type of people I would recommend that they find a different faith to believe in because the Bible is not going to change it's views on any of the matters it has put in place.

If people want to follow a God that let's them do whatever they want, then maybe they should switch to Satanism because their all about "Do what thy wilt" with no regards to whether it's right or wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Homosexuality is not against Love, so Love does not say such a thing.

Sorry, but you are starting to sound like a broken record now. You just keep saying God is Love, which to be honest doesn't shed light on anything other than the fact that he is love. And like I said earlier, homosexuality is not love and neither is sex, it's a behavior. Love could never perform a homosexual act because love is an emotion. Love and sex are not the same, or do you not understand that.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It depends on the God though, because the name God is used for many different religions, from Christianity to Greek etc. and in some cases God and Goddesses. so maybe not the "God" you describe, but the God they believe in

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The bible is not the 100% word of God. Many old testament verses are inspired of evil spirits that approves of slavery, stoning people to death, and animal sacrifices.

The Bible is right that Compassion/Love is The Law as it says in Matthew 7:12 and that message was known in older religions like Buddhism ("compassion for all beings", as they say). There is nothing "New Age" about it. It's the eternal truth.

The idea of God would not be foreign without scriptures. There are many people like the Native Americans and Greeks who believed in the idea of God without scriptures.

But Love can be expressed through sex, by both straight couples and gay couples and if it is in The Holy Spirit of Love then it is not a sin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join