It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Rover anomaly. The ONLY anomaly I find of any interest on Mars....of true interest.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
ATTENTION all Breaking NEWS the following image shows objects that are NOT what they seem.

They are not the everyday objects they seem,
they are TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE

QUICK RUN FOR THE HILLS WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE

oh and to me it looks like 3 rocks!
edit on 17-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
a reply to: 0bserver1

That's a pretty extreme idea, not having any evidence whatsoever to back it up....

The theory of evolution was a "pretty extreme idea" 150 years ago. Having said that, I personally think it's most likely just a rock formation.

But dude, why do you feel the need to be constantly condescending of people throwing around ideas and thoughts of what could be, in the skunk works forum? Isn't that the whole point of skunk works? It's not like this is posted in the space exploration or even the alien & UFO's section.

I personally like reading these kind of threads and enjoy hearing peoples far out theories, whether I think it's probable or not.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
First time I've seen this pic! Looks like a fossilized skull to me. It has nostrils, eyes, round head shape with the flat bits on the side and what looks to be the remanants of a mouth area.

I seen a pic from the nasa website a while back and it looked, to me, to be very very similar to the head of an egyptian statue. I can't post that pic just now because I'm at work, but I'm sure you've seen it already!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I enjoy reading these threads too, which is why I post in them. I'm not trying to be condescending to anyone (well, usually lol), so if I come off that way, I apologize. I'm just trying to keep a little bit of logic in the discussion, is all.

i enjoy speculating as much as anyone else here, just not stating things as fact, without solid evidence.

Besides, ATS wouldn't much fun if there was no dissenting opinion and everyone just patted each other on the back for their far-out ideas.
edit on 6/17/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I agree that the upper part of it looks like a skull, but just because it looks like it does not mean that's what it is. So I'm going to have to side with logic, and say it's a rock.

Typical answer.

DO you ever think outside the box?

Quite often. I don't, however, automatically jump to far-fetched conclusions without evidence.

Far fetched? How is it far fetched? Just because it doesn't fit in with what mainstream society believes doesn't make it far fetched.

Also what do you deem as evidence? Do you need to see it yourself? I have seen plenty of pictures and read enough to have enough "evidence" for myself to believe this could be more than just some rock.

Im sorry to say this like this but it is far fetched. Whether you like the sound of that word or not. imo It is not perse far fetched because you are thinking of Aliens but what is far fetched is that you are basing this on "it looks like" withouth any tangible evidence and a very very vague image of something.

One could look at this one picture through as many filters as one would like , and this has been done and you would have still be forced to come out with "it looks like" as the foundation for your case. We have all seen the face of mars which showed up under the right lighting conditions.

Or is this all by itself evidence of a tree spirit?
greatshroudofturinfaq.com...

So yes if you are simply going to go by what it looks like it could be , especially with all those other rocks lying about then you would have to admit that it is far fetched to asume that it is a alien skull where it could be anything and in the context of it all most likely a rock. What would be silly is if we were to dissmis our own experience with shadows and lighting and how we know how our brains are made to recognise patterns and to fill them in with what we know and recognize.

I think everybody's box is different, maybe you should try to think outside of yours this time

We have millions of pictures of things on earth that "look like" something. It would be jumping the gun to asume that it is what you suggest it is.

Thinking outside of the box does not mean "accept anything remotely possible based on pure suggestion -full stop". Just like how being open-minded goes 2 ways.

*Text written messages are easily interpeted and read as aggresive or intended to insult and this one could easily read as such since this subject is ridiculed so much but i promise you it is not intended like that.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com...:ANd9GcRDcZQnHw8IQYMq4v7cOIuNR6qhdno_3S02_BvqCUF5cUl2hixCHoSvOw

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I've always loved this picture, it screams some sort of skull but as said, we have no proof of that, it might be a skull but I'd sway to the low chances on that, its a UFO, Unidentified Featured Object..

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

a reply to: 0bserver1

That's a pretty extreme idea, not having any evidence whatsoever to back it up....

The entire foundation of the earth is born from ideas. It is the not freethinker who obstruct ideas from being explored to grow to a feasible fact..

Btw, I don't see it any other way on any starting planetary civilization in the galaxy. ..

And another thing.. It's very smart of NASA to not tell the public about maybe existing alien life, because it gives them all the room for investigation with no regulations of whatsoever. ..
edit on 0b07America/ChicagoWed, 17 Jun 2015 07:53:07 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 17 Jun 2015 07:53:07 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Ty. ..

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

And another thing.. It's very smart of NASA to not tell the public about maybe existing alien life, because it gives them all the room for investigation with no regulations of whatsoever. ..

Only to conspiracy believers

3 rocks

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

what are you trying to tell me ? I didn't say that it's a skull or helmet or whatsoever.
read my first reply ..

And question mark my words does not say that I think they actually are doing so..
edit on 0b51America/ChicagoWed, 17 Jun 2015 11:12:51 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 17 Jun 2015 11:12:51 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

can you do the same overlay with rock'oslugisitus please ?

I forget where the original image is , somewhere on the anomalies thread , somewhere.. or jpl

funbox

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

I noticed that using 3d glasses I could see better what he was aiming at..

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
ATTENTION all Breaking NEWS the following image shows objects that are NOT what they seem.

Do those type of posts make you feel better?

Mocking fellow members?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I enjoy reading these threads too, which is why I post in them. I'm not trying to be condescending to anyone (well, usually lol), so if I come off that way, I apologize. I'm just trying to keep a little bit of logic in the discussion, is all.

i enjoy speculating as much as anyone else here, just not stating things as fact, without solid evidence.

Besides, ATS wouldn't much fun if there was no dissenting opinion and everyone just patted each other on the back for their far-out ideas.

If we had evidence, this site wouldn't be needed any longer.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This post isn't relative to the discussion.

We're looking for past evidence of civilization or life on Mars...sort of like Archeologists. Would you post that picture in an Archeological forum? How else to proceed other than post anomalies and discuss them? Wow.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

This post isn't relative to the discussion.

We're looking for past evidence of civilization or life on Mars...sort of like Archeologists. Would you post that picture in an Archeological forum? How else to proceed other than post anomalies and discuss them? Wow.

Discussing an ambiguous picture of an object that may look a little like a skull is NOT Archaeology, especially considering that it could just be a case of pareidolia.

Personally, I don't think the object is symmetrical enough to be a skull. It looks to me that the "skull's" left side (the side on our right) is higher than the right side of the skull. If the "skull" were placed upright and facing us, its "left eye socket" would be protruding farther forward than the right.

I don't think it's a case of the "skull" just being turned a certain way that it looks non-symmetrical; I think it is in fact non-symmetrical.

edit on 6/17/2015 by soylent green is people because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

edit on 17-6-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
For funbox,0bserver1,amazing

It's strange how ALL these threads happen because of low res objects in pictures then zoomed in to see something that will NOT be improved by zooming in.

Not a face on Mars

Yes its only a rock not a pile of faces/skulls

Not a nut YIP it's another Rock

All the above due to erosion here on Earth in an area with a very cold dry climate and plenty of wind.

The Dry Valleys are so named because of their extremely low humidity and their lack of snow or ice cover.

The McMurdo Dry Valleys is the driest place on Earth

Sounds like somewhere else in the Solar System.

Did I try to make a fool of members NO just confirming how FACES are important to us and how we look for and find them without having to think about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Personally, as is generally the case, I see rocks.

However, I am always open to the possibility I could be wrong, as in all things.

It would be wonderful to find something so unexpected on an extraterrestrial landscape. However, again, personally... I see rocks.

Peace.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join