It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Rover anomaly. The ONLY anomaly I find of any interest on Mars....of true interest.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

SETI has satellites?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

how am i being disingenous ? you post a pic of a monster rock . that looks nothing like Slugsworth , and i say that there's s a size issue between comparitives

do you have any more comparitives ? the second one, is not a very good one ethier

you may very well be right and its just a wind swept , erroded rock.
it doesnt look like a windsept erroded rock to me though

funbox

edit on 18-6-2015 by funbox because: rock wolves eat rock wolves eat rockwolves

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

I said your object look like a ventifact I stated that ventifacts can have curved edges, you wanted an example so I posted a shot of what they can look like , and not having to rely on low res poor images to see what I want to see I posted a large object to show what wind eroded rocks in a cold dry clinate can look like.

Will post some other exaples later will even spend some time to find one as similar to your object as possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Either a skull, or partially mineralised / fossilised damaged helmet showing the skull inside it.

I've always liked this image too.

I think there are a lot of statues and other similar stone monuments that were blown to bits and we see them today, using our probe's cameras chaotically laying where they fell, perhaps tens of thousands of years ago. Most is probably buried under sand and dust and the debris of what could have been a global Martian conflict that literally killed all civilisation there.

This particular chap, looks to me as though he / she was a soldier. A blast took him or her out and scattered body parts and equipment all around this image.

Pure chance led to it's head being in an easily recognisable position for us to see quite clearly...i wonder how many remains and remnants are buried completely, laying at obscure angles, and are so encrusted by sand and minerals that are almost indistinguishable from the surrounding blasted and broken rocks?

Why i think this was an actual living entity, rather than a statue of one is because i can see what looks to be one of it's hands laying nearby, complete with 3 fingers, bent at the natural place for a knuckle. Admittedly, it still could be a statue, but the remains look very organic to me, even though they are very obviously encrusted with layers of soil and minerals.

The hand also has the added bonus of being very much in proportion to the size of the head, assuming an in proportion Human / Humanoid shaped body of course.

The hand can be found quite easily being located at the extreme bottom right side of the image...have a look OP and tell me what you think, or if you can't find it, i'll crop it out and post it here for you.

edit on 18-6-2015 by MysterX because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Here's another possible Skull up and to the left of the one of discussion! Center of this Image... Syx...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Here's a crop from the OP's image of several interesting and anomalous looking items...

First, 'The Soldiers Hand' (as it looks like a severed hand, and appears in proportion to the 'soldiers skull / helmet'.

The Hand can be found in the bottom right corner of the image.

And an interesting little number i found, (situated about two-thirds up from the bottom, on the left hand edge of the image)

This looks (to me) like the skull of an animal, complete with curving spine attached. Perhaps some type of life indigenous to Mars, perhaps it is the remains of the enemy the Martians were at war with, or maybe it was a biological weapons of sorts..a war dog perhaps.

The skull of the creature is the bottom part, and the spine is seen curving upwards (away from the camera).

The creature could be thought of as laying with it's head resting on the ground on it's left side.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: prisoner60863

Hey are you referring to this ? That lighter area is odd if that is what you meant...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I see a porcupine, a whale, a shrunken head, a Baboon facing away, a SETI satellite, and a miniature helicopter. I suppose I might be able to find more stuff in time...

Opppps, wouldn't want to confuse "admirethedistance", Satalite "DISHES"........

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

great stuff , I look forward to seeing them , but be warned Sluggy may not be the only picture , there seems to be a whole load of varying variety's , one picture may not be enough

funbox

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

What about your seagull can you highlight that ?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

you do realise that its an example of multi rock pareidolia as I mentioned earlier , do you not see it ? the white seagull in 2 dimension , cause by the sunlight catching the irregular sloping rock, the 3d seagull created by the same effect , the two beak like protrusions might be protrusions , although the rock in front and to the left obscures any shadow it may cast to indicate its 3 dimensional appearance

im sure you don't need me to point out the shadow of beak and head

just an amusing arrangement of light shadows and perspectives

now about those sluggy looking windswept rocks pictures you were eager to show me.. I don't think its fair your using earthly pictures, a different atmosphere altogether apparently
, I do hope Wildspace gets back to me with those humidity and wind speed data sets.

ide like to know how the jagged part of Sluggy remained so jaggy , the wind seems persistently ineffectual at eroding this part , in comparison to its other continuous looking surfaces, perplexing.

funbox

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

WOW I didn't expect this many replies. I have been busy with my little one. He is gone for two weeks so I have time to reply, so give me time!

I appreciate all replies, even those I dont' like

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

you do realise that its an example of multi rock pareidolia as I mentioned earlier , do you not see it ? the white seagull in 2 dimension , cause by the sunlight catching the irregular sloping rock, the 3d seagull created by the same effect , the two beak like protrusions might be protrusions , although the rock in front and to the left obscures any shadow it may cast to indicate its 3 dimensional appearance

im sure you don't need me to point out the shadow of beak and head

just an amusing arrangement of light shadows and perspectives

now about those sluggy looking windswept rocks pictures you were eager to show me.. I don't think its fair your using earthly pictures, a different atmosphere altogether apparently
, I do hope Wildspace gets back to me with those humidity and wind speed data sets.

ide like to know how the jagged part of Sluggy remained so jaggy , the wind seems persistently ineffectual at eroding this part , in comparison to its other continuous looking surfaces, perplexing.

funbox

Will be back with pictures but please have a look here Mars Cold Dry Past

One study reveals that a region rich in the mineral olivine - which suggests it is has been "dry" for about 3 billion years - is actually four times larger than previously thought. That adds to a growing body of evidence suggesting Mars was mostly cold and dry - and not warm and wet - in the past.

Sounds a lot like the conditions for ventifacts !

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Yeah! I saw this before too. This is one of the most interesting things I've ever seen. It does look like a skull/helmet/statue head etc.

I was going through pics of Spirit Rover one day years ago and came across this one and about jumped out of my chair. No picture on Mars has ever caught me attention so much. Not even the so called mermaid, which I find to be hilarious honestly.

Also what got me is what a former NASA/KSC employee said to me when he saw me showing it to people at work. I meet a lot of people who work on such programs and give them some shots and BOY do they talk. They are always surprised I'm into such topics because looking at me in the environment I'm in you would never know but I do have some amazing conversations and I have some awesome memorabilia from some very cool people. This picture got the attention of the former director of the Kennedy Space Center when I was showing his buddy. I had no idea who he was, he just interrupted me and asked where I go the pic. I told him and he said the best way to put truth out there is to just do it. He then said people would just dismiss it as fake or a rock or shadows. After that he and I had some interesting conversations about Mars

I too believe that it's very possible that life evolved on Mars Millions of years ago. I believe it is highly likely that it intelligent life evolved and that there was a civilization that died off there millions of years ago. Perhaps a civilization that did visit earth ?

I believe so as well. I mean it isn't that far fetched. There is too much on Mars that just seems off and there are places and pictures of Mars that look heavily edited, like they don't want us to see certain things. I also never use Google Mars. I use only NASA JPL for pics.

I don't discount the theory that when Mars lost it's atmosphere they came to Earth. I mean we have no idea what kind of technology they had, heck we can't even really figure out how our ancestors really built our own megalithic structures here on Earth. i do not believe what MSM says about how the pyramids were built. I remember questioning my World History teacher in HS about it and he would get so mad and turn red. I questioned everything, it made no sense when you break it down. I mean we can't build anything like it today. Is it so hard to believe that there was an advanced race, possibly from another planet like Mars, that came here and settled and harnessed technology of the EARTH (energy grids) to build such structures? The pyramids, all of them emit energy from the top. IMO they are not tombs but some form of energy source.

In any case, we'll never know...not yet, but this.. this does warrant a closer look and different angles.

No we may never know but imo evidence is what you make of it. I dont' need NASA or any space agency to tell me what is real because more than likely they will lie. I LOVE NASA but they aren't going to talk! Now get a few NASA employees in a bar with some tequila and they do love to talk! I will never say what they have told me since I made a promise and well I dont want them to get into trouble. Lets just say I've heard a lot!

This is one of the most anomalous images I've ever seen.

Star and a Flag my friend. Thank you.

You're welcome and thank you

I love that "logic" dictates that it's a rock to some. LOL Again, they must be very fun at archaeological digs. "It's a rock...oh sorry yes it's a statue, but that one's a rock...oh yes, I mean a centuries old urn...but that's a rock in your hand! um...okay yeah, that's an ancient tablet used for commerce, but that's a rock over there! um...okay, yeah it's a great pyramid but over that that HAS to be a rock!" LOL

See that's the funny part. when I show people this picture I say it's Egypt and they go on about how it's a statue of some sort buried under the sand. I do this for a reason. Yet when I say it's actually Mars their immediate response is "it's a rock." WHY! Why is it a statue if it's on Earth but on Mars it's a rock? Makes no sense and shows how conditioned we are to believe life never existed anywhere but here.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Now fb ventifacts can take on all types of shapes depending on conditions, rock type, wind strength, direction, the material striking the rock, how much of the rock is exposed.

You see it's not just a matter of looking at poor quality images and thinking that's it, if you guys were REALLY serious about finding out what is there and how it could happen you would CONSIDER all of the above and find out about possible processes that could cause what you think you see.

So for your delight

The three leg table or would that be a Martian tripod on Mars, an ornate rock or on a Mars image a possible dead creatures, an angular rock or on a Mars picture a ufo/stealth fighter and last but not least a rock that looks like a skull or on a low res Mars picture a skull without question.

If I do see something I think is the real deal on here I will back it but until then I will look at LIKELY options and exclude them first.

DENY IGNORANCE I am sure I have seen that somewhere on here

edit on 18-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

I agree that the upper part of it looks like a skull, but just because it looks like it does not mean that's what it is. So I'm going to have to side with logic, and say it's a rock.

Typical answer.

DO you ever think outside the box?

Quite often. I don't, however, automatically jump to far-fetched conclusions without evidence.

Far fetched? How is it far fetched? Just because it doesn't fit in with what mainstream society believes doesn't make it far fetched.

Also what do you deem as evidence? Do you need to see it yourself? I have seen plenty of pictures and read enough to have enough "evidence" for myself to believe this could be more than just some rock.

No, the fact that it's far-fetched makes it far-fetched. You claim it's a "statue".

I said it could be a statue. I never claimed it was 100%. It doesn't look like a rock to me. It looks like something buried in sand or dirt.

Then there should be signs of whatever civilization made this "statue". There should be signs of infrastructure. There should be signs of habitation nearby. There are none of those things. All there is, is something that vaguely resembles a head, in the middle of a field of rocks, on a planet that we have no evidence (yet) that even microbial life ever existed. Compared to the obvious, logical conclusion that the "object" is simply rocks that vaguely resemble something, yes, it's quite far-fetched.

You really think that if NASA or any agency knew about a past civilization they would just admit it? No way. It would ruin the brainwashed beliefs that we are the only advanced civilization that has ever existed which imo is insulting to the entire universe including our own ancestors here on Earth in the past. People attribute things they can't explain to aliens. Why not humans? I believe in aliens and inter dimensional beings but I don't think they are responsible for everything we can't explain. We don't know what tech they had back then and technology doesn't always mean our version of technology. All the main megalithic structures are located on ley lines and I don't see that as coincidence. Ever read about Earth's energy grid? it's fascinating! They knew something and harnessed Earth's natural energy for their own purposes. We have lost that "technology" due to greed and power and money. If we could use earth for things like energy and power then how would the big corporations make money? They wouldn't!

Again what do you deem evidence? I've seen enough pics and read enough on Mars to believe it had life at one point. I mean just look at the show "Life After People" and what would happen to everything here. It would be unrecognizable after at least a thousand years.

Evidence is what you make of it. I don't need any agency to come out and tell me "hey Mars had life." I've dreamt of Mars since I was a kid and Egypt and at that age I didn't read such topics nor even though of conspiracy theories. As I go older and into such topics those dreams I had that were reoccurring made more sense and they stopped when I got into these topics more.

Hey it could BE a rock but to me it's more than that.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Even though it's most likely to be rocks, to me it looks like the skull of the predator. ..

LOL funny I though Storm Trooper when I first saw it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

See that's the funny part. when I show people this picture I say it's Egypt and they go on about how it's a statue of some sort buried under the sand. I do this for a reason. Yet when I say it's actually Mars their immediate response is "it's a rock." WHY! Why is it a statue if it's on Earth but on Mars it's a rock? Makes no sense and shows how conditioned we are to believe life never existed anywhere but here.

i blame the transition from religeon to more scientific ideology way back in the industrial revolution , sceince couldn't appear to follow the same or any remote principles or practises that religeon/ religeous theology incoporated

that didnt stop a lot of them dabbling in seances and the like though
but life out there is still a no no in many a mind, ancient chip shoulder burdens is where many are at

funbox

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I think a fun thought experiment would be reverse psychology played out on a NASA/JPL engineering skeptic like so: Place an old, beat up skull in the mojave or moab desert (very mars like terrain), and take a moderate resolution, lossy jpeg photo.

Ask them to explain it. They will say the usual "it's a natural feature that human brains like to interpret as human like."
Guarantee a good laugh, but would also expose our natural biases from both sides of the playing field!

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join