It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Rover anomaly. The ONLY anomaly I find of any interest on Mars....of true interest.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have been slightly obsessed with this pic since I found it years ago. I saw a few threads from years ago on it but nothing. The silly "mermaid" and "ape" got more attention than this and I find this to be far more interesting.

Here is a link to NASA's JPL site with the original image.
Panoramic Spirit Sol 513

Right Panoramic Camera Non-linearized Full frame EDR acquired on Sol 513 of Spirit's mission to Gusev Crater at approximately 14:41:25 Mars local solar time, camera commanded to use Filter 1 (436 nm). NASA/JPL/Cornell

Now here is a cropped version of the area I"m talking about.

Here is another pic from another site I've read about this on years ago.

Mars Skull Mars Anomaly Research

I love showing people this picture and telling them it's in EGYPT not Mars. EVERY TIME I say it's Egypt people see a skull or statue but as soon as I tell them it's actually from Mars everyone says "oh it's just a rock."

WHY! Why are we conditioned that way? You see it one way because you are told it's on Earth but when it's not it's just a rock? Is it so hard to believe Mars had a civilization at one point that was destroyed? I believe 100% it did.

At the time i Was showing this picture to people at work, where I met lost of people who worked for various space programs including KSC and NASA. I will never forget one guy who I found out later was the director of the KSC years before and what he said to me. He asked where I found the pic and I told him NASA JPL. We then discussed aliens and other beings and space travel. He then said to me what is the best way to show proof of something and people won't believe it, putting it in plain view!

IMO they put things out there that are true and they mix it with disinformation to confuse people and make them not believe. This could be nothing but imo it 's the best anomaly picture I've ever seen on Mars and I've look at thousands of Mars pictures over the years. It's like my hobby or obsession as some would call it.

Is it that hard to believe that maybe just maybe WE are the aliens? We are the "Martians" who came here long ago when Mars was destroyed? I don't doubt that theory as possible at all. I've read too much over the last decade to not believe it. Before then I would have that it was insane to think.

I haven't posted on here in a while in this forum due to certain people but I see they're gone so I came back. I may not respond right away and I will add more I just wanted to get this out there because this pic gets me every time!

IMO it looks as if it's some kind of statue buried in the dirt/sand. You can see an outline perfectly around it. If you look at the link to Mars Anomaly Research you can see even more anomalies in this area, Gusev Crater, my favorite place on Mars for oddities.

Anyway enjoy and I will not deal with rude posts at all. I don't have time for it. If you don't have anything to add to it please don't bother responding.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I agree that the upper part of it looks like a skull, but just because it looks like it does not mean that's what it is. So I'm going to have to side with logic, and say it's a rock.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I agree that the upper part of it looks like a skull, but just because it looks like it does not mean that's what it is. So I'm going to have to side with logic, and say it's a rock.

Typical answer.

DO you ever think outside the box?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Very well done M'Lady, it's a real shame whats gonna happen to this thread.

To be honest I have always viewed that as a Helmet of some sort instead of a true skull. Admittedly fossilization and general build up could make it look bigger but the imagery settles in my mind better if someone were to just pick it up and put it on over their head. In that way it speaks of an ancient warrior culture, which is just more appealing to my mind.

Either way it is one of the best ones i've seen out there. Especially the half smile on the face.
edit on 15-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Typical answer.

Quite often. I don't, however, automatically jump to far-fetched conclusions without evidence.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Very well done sir, it's a real shame whats gonna happen to this thread.

Thank you but I"m a female

Oh I've always wanted to post about this but I too know how it will turn out but lately I just don't care. I love this pic and this region of Mars has always intrigued me.

To be honest I have always viewed that as a Helmet of some sort instead of a true skull. Admittedly fossilization and general build up could make it look bigger but the imagery settles in my mind better if someone were to just pick it up and put it on over their head. In that way it speaks of an ancient warrior culture, which is just more appealing to my mind.

It's labeled a "skull" all over but I dont believe it to really be one. I think it is some kind of statue maybe. If you look around it there is an outline of something that could possibly be buried underneath. When I can get on my computer to edit it I'll show you what I'm talking about unless you can see it already.

IMO Mars had a civilization. AS to how far back I have NO idea but I believe there was a humanoid species there and either due to natural (which I believe is more likely the case) or their own doing they had to leave. Where did they go? Earth? Why not? So many connections to Mars and Ancient Egypt especially. I never thought any of this to be even remotely possible until I started researching these subjects years ago. It's actually what brought me to ATS 6 years ago. I found so much more on here once I joined. I stayed up all hours of the night reading and looking at pics of Mars.

Either way it is one of the best ones i've seen out there.

Yea this has always been a favorite and I love showing people and telling them it's on Egypt lol. I love their reaction when I say it's Mars. It's always an interesting conversation after that!

Thanks for your reply,.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

In looking at your 200% image I've noticed that the small rock closest to the camera looks like it could fit into the missing spot on your skull. There is a mark on the skull, just below the nose that stretches all the way across the face, minus the gap, that small stone has a similar pattern on its face that might fill in that line.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Typical answer.

Quite often. I don't, however, automatically jump to far-fetched conclusions without evidence.

Far fetched? How is it far fetched? Just because it doesn't fit in with what mainstream society believes doesn't make it far fetched.

Also what do you deem as evidence? Do you need to see it yourself? I have seen plenty of pictures and read enough to have enough "evidence" for myself to believe this could be more than just some rock.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It does look like a skull but to be honest it looks more like three rocks to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

The topic is the photo and it is NEVER each other or off topic, silly comments. Final and only warning.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

(post by Soylent Green Is People removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I also find this image intriguing. I also agree with Thorneblood and see this more as a helmet than skull or sculpture of such. That said I can see it being part of a memorial to some great Martian General or war hero.

I guess we'll never know for sure at least not in my lifetime.

ETA: It also bears a slightresemblance to that Starchild skull found in a Mexican cave but with a lower mandible, clavicle or something around it.

I see "they" have showed up already. Guess you traded one bunch for another. So it is at ATS! One certainly isn't free to ones imagination artound here, sad really.
edit on 6/15/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/15/2015 by Kukri because: typos and a post script.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Who knows what it really is, but it's quite symmetrical for just a plain old rock. S&F.

See my sig.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: klassified
Who knows what it really is, but it's quite symmetrical for just a plain old rock. S&F.

See my sig.

Nice to see an old face so to speak!

Thank you

Also nice sig! Agreed!
edit on 6/15/2015 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Funny you mention that, i was thinking it would make a kick ass tombstone for my grave.

I wonder if we can get it breathe fire too...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah! I saw this before too. This is one of the most interesting things I've ever seen. It does look like a skull/helmet/statue head etc.

I too believe that it's very possible that life evolved on Mars Millions of years ago. I believe it is highly likely that it intelligent life evolved and that there was a civilization that died off there millions of years ago. Perhaps a civilization that did visit earth ?

In any case, we'll never know...not yet, but this.. this does warrant a closer look and different angles.

This is one of the most anomalous images I've ever seen.

Star and a Flag my friend. Thank you.

I love that "logic" dictates that it's a rock to some. LOL Again, they must be very fun at archaeological digs. "It's a rock...oh sorry yes it's a statue, but that one's a rock...oh yes, I mean a centuries old urn...but that's a rock in your hand! um...okay yeah, that's an ancient tablet used for commerce, but that's a rock over there! um...okay, yeah it's a great pyramid but over that that HAS to be a rock!" LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What is needed is scale.

Is it the size of a marble, a basketball, or many meters in size?

A little paint, a mouth guard and lenses it could look like a movie prop, helmet that took a hit to the jaw section since it appears to be missing.

Or it could be a molten blob formed from the ejection of an impactor far away, subjected to millions of years of fine particulate erosion to softer material blobs where what looks to us as eye sockets.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
I also find this image intriguing. I also agree with Thorneblood and see this more as a helmet than skull or sculpture of such. That said I can see it being part of a memorial to some great Martian General or war hero.

That's how I see it in a way. It could be a helmet or it could be some kind of statue buried from an old civilization. I find it awesome it's from NASA"s site. When i first found it I was like OMG what the heck is that!

I guess we'll never know for sure at least not in my lifetime.

Never say never!! We have a great interest in Mars right now and I don't think it's coincidence. What I find funny also are the Viking images of Mars. They are far more clear than the ones we get today that look heavily edited. With all the technology we have today our pics should be ten times better than the Viking images. Now if you want to see great pics of Mars look at those!

ETA: It also bears a slightresemblance to that Starchild skull found in a Mexican cave but with a lower mandible, clavicle or something around it.

I've only loosely looked at the Star Child skull. Too much "controversy" and lies surrounding it. I don't know what to think of that honestly but it is interesting. I tend to look for things that aren't all over the place, like this. It always amazed me this never made any headlines yet the "mermaid" and "ape" did.

I see "they" have showed up already. Gues you traded one bunch for another. Sioit is at ATS!

Oh I knew they would. It's been years since i posted a serious thread for that reason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join