It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ameritox Urine Drug Test has destroyed my doctor/patient relationship... literally.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
im going to my pain doc in an hour.
hope i dont run into any surprises

I hope all goes well for you! Do you have urine screens done at each visit?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: Lucklad56

She told me that my Doc was no longer accepting insurance ($25 copay and $25 for the test) for my medications! She said it would be $200 every month to be seen!!

Geez! Never heard of a doc suddenly not accepting insurance. I wonder if NavyDoc could shed some light on what could possibly make that transpire? Maybe the DEA uncovered an insurance billing scam?

Whatever, but that's not fair to you. You pay insurance premiums AND full pay doc visits? What's the point of insurance?

Also, are you saying you must provide a urine sample at each visit? That sounds like overkill...

Pill mills often ask for cash only.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

ive been seeing her for almost 3 years for this issue and i have never had to take a urine test. never had to have a pill count.
my current theory is maybe all/most of this is happening through pain management clinics.
maybe thats why i dont have these problems.

ive known my doc for 15 years. i used to see her for something else when she was running a pain clinic.

now she has a different practice. she is still board certified for pain management but she is also board certified in internal medicine and a board certified physiatrist.

maybe it is all about where you go????

if you go to a 'pain clinic' or a 'pain doc' maybe this is the crap you have to go through cause of the dea and ameritox.
not sure

i know i walked out of there with some meds that people would kill for(probably literally) and i do every month with no issues

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

ive been seeing her for almost 3 years for this issue and i have never had to take a urine test. never had to have a pill count.
my current theory is maybe all/most of this is happening through pain management clinics.
maybe thats why i dont have these problems.

ive known my doc for 15 years. i used to see her for something else when she was running a pain clinic.

now she has a different practice. she is still board certified for pain management but she is also board certified in internal medicine and a board certified physiatrist.

maybe it is all about where you go????

if you go to a 'pain clinic' or a 'pain doc' maybe this is the crap you have to go through cause of the dea and ameritox.
not sure

i know i walked out of there with some meds that people would kill for(probably literally) and i do every month with no issues

UDS are becoming SOP for anyone who deals in schedule II's so don't be surprised if your doc starts doing them too. There have been a lot of changes and new regulations with scheduled medications in the last few years.

For instance, just new this year, in order to have a license in South Carolina, ALL physicians regardless of specialty or scope of practice have to take 2 hours of training in proper narcotic prescribing.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

who decides which patient gets a urine test and when?
does this ameritox come in and tell her to test this person and that or is it up to her based on the vibe she gets off people?
dont really get how this all works

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

does this ameritox come in and tell her to test this person and that or is it up to her based on the vibe she gets off people?

On the Ameritox website, they tout a computerized random generator of patient names to test, so no one feels "singled out" but the docs don't have to use it. So, it could go either way I guess.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

NavyDoc has graciously called a physician's office in my area. It is one where I had filled out a form (on May 7th) to be a new patient.

They are waiting for my records, is what they have told me. So I called the practice that 'fired' me, and she tells me the records person isn't there today, I'll have to call back on Monday. I asked how long it generally takes to send records, once a request is made. She told me they are processed the same day the request is made.

So... shouldn't they be there by now? (9 days... right across town.)

In any case, my deepest gratitude to NavyDoc.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

...also, shouldn't anybody in that office be able to find out the status of a records request??? Isn't that documented somewhere, for times when the records lady isn't there?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

From my experience working for a couple of accident attornies, it sometimes took up to 6 months to get our records requests. I'd have to call and pester weekly, and sometimes we'd have to send several requests. But those were coming from a law office, so maybe they take their time when it comes to lawyers, I don't know.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It should be everyone on scheduled medications, at random times, at least once per quarter to keep in compliance. We don't use ameritox and all the UDS rep we do have does is take the samples--the nurses are the ones who actually keep track of who needs one when.
edit on 15-5-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

...also, shouldn't anybody in that office be able to find out the status of a records request??? Isn't that documented somewhere, for times when the records lady isn't there?

You are welcome. Glad I could help.

The records should be there, all they do is fax them.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

It should be everyone on scheduled medications, at random times, at least once per quarter to keep in compliance. We don't use ameritox and all the UDS rep we do have does is take the samples--the nurses are the ones who actually keep track of who needs one when.

how have i been able to go 3 years and not have to go through any of this?
i am and have been on some hard hitting medicine too.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You are welcome. Glad I could help.

The records should be there, all they do is fax them.

Well, either the other place is holding my records hostage, or the new doc is trying to decide if I'm worth the risk.
I'm a nervous wreck not knowing. Gonna go take a walk, guys... I need to get out of the house.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It's coming. It's just a matter of time.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

When my husband changed healthcare, he walked in to his old doc's office and waited while they copied his records, and then personally hand delivered them to the new doc.

Didn't real this whole thread, so don't know if this was suggested.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee

When my husband changed healthcare, he walked in to his old doc's office and waited while they copied his records, and then personally hand delivered them to the new doc.

Didn't real this whole thread, so don't know if this was suggested.

When I went to pick up a copy of the test results, I told them I wanted my records. The records lady said she would charge me 65 cents per page, but it would be free to transfer them to another doctor. She said she would call and let me know how much it would be total (after 15 years, who knows how many pages!) but she never did.

I'm beginning to think, it is in my best interest, health-wise and for my sanity, to be gone from that place. This all may be Divine intervention, trial by fire, come out the other side better than I was before!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Same here... until 3 weeks ago. Then *BOOM* - 'you're fired! We don't trust you!'

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

im not positive about that
from what i gather this ameritox service is something the docs subscribe to.
maybe my doc does not.
i doubt that every doc in the country uses ameritox

It's coming. It's just a matter of time.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Same here... until 3 weeks ago. Then *BOOM* - 'you're fired! We don't trust you!'

im not worried about the levels of my scripted meds.
if i test i will fail for an illicit substance
edit on 15-5-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

im not worried about the levels of my scripted meds.
if i test i will fail for an illicit substance

I just took a UT at my Docs. I get tested at least 4X a year.

I use Medical MJ on a daily basis. My Doc knows this. They don't test for THC.

I threw such a hissie about my legal MMJ they stopped testing for it.

But, this is California, they are not hung up on it.

A normal Doc is not going to boot you for one bad test...But, they can.

I hate to have my private body fluid illegally stolen and used against me.

They did it because the amount of drugs getting abused is staggering.

Obamacare...Is a crime against us all...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join