It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ameritox Urine Drug Test has destroyed my doctor/patient relationship... literally.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I wish I had more answers.. Basically.. If I want to get my scripts refilled.. Scripts I've been on for ten plus years.. I have to pay $200. They no longer accept insurance for my medicine. They can if they wanted to.. Because prior to this I paid my co pay of $25 and another $25 when my insurance refused to pay for my urine.. After the DEA audit.. Everything changed.. I honestly see this change as a way to make it worth the hassle the docs go through with all this DEA bs.. Could be wrong though..

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucklad56
a reply to: StoutBroux

I wish I had more answers.. Basically.. If I want to get my scripts refilled.. Scripts I've been on for ten plus years.. I have to pay $200. They no longer accept insurance for my medicine. They can if they wanted to.. Because prior to this I paid my co pay of $25 and another $25 when my insurance refused to pay for my urine.. After the DEA audit.. Everything changed.. I honestly see this change as a way to make it worth the hassle the docs go through with all this DEA bs.. Could be wrong though..

But the doc would still get paid the rest of the money, by the insurance company instead of you. That's what I don't get.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I'm not sure how that all works.. I'm sure it's less than the $200

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

How is your situation coming along? Sorry didn't mean to derail your thread!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

How is your situation coming along? Sorry didn't mean to derail your thread!

Naw, you're good...
I'm writing out specific events with dates and times so the whole chain of events is well documented. I plan to submit an official complaint with my state's medical board. I haven't yet heard back from either of the two lawyers I emailed-- their websites said free consultation, so there's that.

Also waiting to hear back from the online media person who expressed an interest in my situation, and had communicated with a doctor-friend of his.

So, a bit in limbo on all counts!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

This is a ridiculous situation! Since when are you required to take a urine test to show that you are on the drugs prescribed? I have never heard of such a thing. I agree, you should contact a lawyer. And the urine test costs are more than outrageous!

It's actually quite common for schedule 2 medications and anything people routinely sell on the street. Adderall has a high street value, it's a common drug among students because it lets you better focus and perform as if you're a few IQ points higher.

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Oh...I see. They drug test you to see if you're taking the drug and not just selling the prescriptions, right?

I was wondering why they'd be drug testing you. This seems like a messed up way to keep prescription drugs off the streets.

Correct, they test not just to make sure you're taking something illegal but to ensure you're taking what you're supposed to be taking.

originally posted by: windword

Is this drug something that you can just stop taking without side effects? I can't understand why they would revoke a necessary prescription just like that, with no recourse. It seems really irresponsible!

I'd find a lawyer, if I were you!

Their logic is that if it's not in your system, you're selling it or atleast not taking it. If you're not taking it there's no side effects to cutting you off.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hi there. I live in the middle GA area and have heard about this through a friend that got cut off for same reason and my personal Dr warned me they would be doing UDTs on patients that use controlled substances. This included me since I'm prescribed Xanax. I've had no problems but my friend experienced the same situation you did down to the letter.

Bottom line is the DEA is cracking down hard on Drs that loosely prescribe meds to ppl that either abuse or sell them.
After the urinalysis, they will determine if you're on the correct level in your system. If not, you're gone. No questions or answers. In their eyes, you have no excuse. Blood pressure or any other circumstances be damned. If they tell you to take it, they're the Dr. Take them.

Also, get ready to be harassed constantly now that you're on their "list". You may be called in to the office at any time for another urinalysis or they may ask for your bottle to count them. One short? You're gone.
This new way of dealing with prescription medications started at the first of the year here.

Good Luck!!!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonsterMash
Hi there. I live in the middle GA area and have heard about this through a friend that got cut off for same reason and my personal Dr warned me they would be doing UDTs on patients that use controlled substances. This included me since I'm prescribed Xanax. I've had no problems but my friend experienced the same situation you did down to the letter.

Bottom line is the DEA is cracking down hard on Drs that loosely prescribe meds to ppl that either abuse or sell them.
After the urinalysis, they will determine if you're on the correct level in your system. If not, you're gone. No questions or answers. In their eyes, you have no excuse. Blood pressure or any other circumstances be damned. If they tell you to take it, they're the Dr. Take them.

Also, get ready to be harassed constantly now that you're on their "list". You may be called in to the office at any time for another urinalysis or they may ask for your bottle to count them. One short? You're gone.
This new way of dealing with prescription medications started at the first of the year here.

Good Luck!!!

You're correct. I've been prescribed Morphine for several years now, and on my first visit after the first of the year, I had to sign new forms regarding the new rules. My doctor's nurse told me that they wanted him to send everyone on opiates to a pain clinic, which he refused. Now fast forward 5 months, and the feds have raided and shut down every pain clinic in the area.

These recent actions have made it obvious that the feds aren't sure what they're doing. One month, and they're going down one avenue, and a couple of months later, and they're going a different direction altogether. Meanwhile, all I want is to be pain free.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Why should patients that have done nothing wrong be subjected to this.

The State has turned our Doctors into Policemen of body fluids.

I have committed no crime. I feel like I am on probation.

I think being forced to give samples is against my basic human rights.

How chilling this must be to the Medical Industry.

Today it's my rights. But soon they will be coming after yours.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonsterMash

Good Luck!!!

So I guess it's happening everywhere.. This isn't gonna work. All this will do is cause more demand and an expansion of secondary markets (I.e. Drug dealers, Online) The DEA are cops with "degrees".. They know crap about medications.. All they know is schedules and regulations.. IMHO you will create more drug abusers if they keep on doing this crap. If what happened to the OP, happened to me... I wouldn't think twice about finding / using a secondary market. Any infraction to these insane rules should be handled on a individual basis..The blacklist method is will do more harm than good.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Why should patients that have done nothing wrong be subjected to this.

The State has turned our Doctors into Policemen of body fluids.

I have committed no crime. I feel like I am on probation.

I think being forced to give samples is against my basic human rights.

How chilling this must be to the Medical Industry.

Today it's my rights. But soon they will be coming after yours.

I'm with you.. I just think anyone who has an infraction should be forwarded to the DEA for investigation... Then let them clear it up.. That'll stop people from selling pills and allow people who have honest reasons prove their case.. Something like that anyway.. What happened to you is BS

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
One more thing I forgot to add to my post above are the strange new laws/ practices with refills. At least in this area, most Drs/pharmacies will no longer accept refills on meds considered controlled substances. You must bring a brand new handwritten prescription every month.

This has called a variety of things to happen. Some Drs are actually charging patients for monthly office visits. My wife's Dr began doing this. Goodbye! Most will allow you to pick your prescription up at the office but in my case a week's notice must be given and you can only pick up between 4-5 o'clock. Sound like a pain in the you know where? Add the fact that it's 3 twenty yr old girls trying to handle all this and grab a bag of of popcorn!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: SunnyDee

When my husband changed healthcare, he walked in to his old doc's office and waited while they copied his records, and then personally hand delivered them to the new doc.

Didn't real this whole thread, so don't know if this was suggested.

When I went to pick up a copy of the test results, I told them I wanted my records. The records lady said she would charge me 65 cents per page, but it would be free to transfer them to another doctor. She said she would call and let me know how much it would be total (after 15 years, who knows how many pages!) but she never did.

I'm beginning to think, it is in my best interest, health-wise and for my sanity, to be gone from that place. This all may be Divine intervention, trial by fire, come out the other side better than I was before!

Given what you shared with me via PM, I'd have to say that I think you are 100% correct. You don't want to be involved with those people long term. Very often patients who were taken care of docs who get in trouble have a difficult time going on with a new provider. I'd say you are the one who lucked out, ultimately.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Mugly

Same here... until 3 weeks ago. Then *BOOM* - 'you're fired! We don't trust you!'

im not worried about the levels of my scripted meds.
if i test i will fail for an illicit substance

I just took a UT at my Docs. I get tested at least 4X a year.

I use Medical MJ on a daily basis. My Doc knows this. They don't test for THC.

I threw such a hissie about my legal MMJ they stopped testing for it.

But, this is California, they are not hung up on it.

A normal Doc is not going to boot you for one bad test...But, they can.

I hate to have my private body fluid illegally stolen and used against me.

They did it because the amount of drugs getting abused is staggering.

Obamacare...Is a crime against us all...

It depends. MJ, even illegal, isn't usually an automatic boot--usually a written warning the first time. Harder stuff like coc aine, meth, heroin, '___' etc,--yes. In states where MJ is still illegal, docs have lost their licenses for continuing to prescribe schedule II's to people using MJ.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Lucklad56

It just occured to me to ask... Can you not submit the claim to your insurance yourself to recoup what they would ordinarily pay towards your visit?

I say that, because years ago, some doctors' offices did not automatically file your insurance claim for you. You had to keep up with the receipts & paperwork and send it in on your own.

Just a thought.

When I asked why the sudden change.. She told me the DEA told the Doc he no longer had to take insurance if he didn't want to.. Mongths later I still haven't gotten a clear answer..but my yearly doc expenses went from $600 to $2,400.. Not including medicine costs.. Yeah I would love to hear Navydocs view..

Dr's offices contract with every insurance carrier, both private and government, in advance. If he does not have a contract with the carrier, he does not get to bill them after the fact and carriers won't cover it.

Some offices drop certain carriers over payment and reimbursement disputes--for example less and less private practices take medicaid because reimbursement is abysmal--if you get paid at all. We dropped medicaid after the refused to reimburse for 9 months.

Whereas most practices do take cash and even discount for cash (it's a hell of a lot easier on them), a doc who ONLY takes cash is suspicious IMHO.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

a reply to: Lucklad56

It just occured to me to ask... Can you not submit the claim to your insurance yourself to recoup what they would ordinarily pay towards your visit?

I say that, because years ago, some doctors' offices did not automatically file your insurance claim for you. You had to keep up with the receipts & paperwork and send it in on your own.

Just a thought.

When I asked why the sudden change.. She told me the DEA told the Doc he no longer had to take insurance if he didn't want to.. Mongths later I still haven't gotten a clear answer..but my yearly doc expenses went from $600 to $2,400.. Not including medicine costs.. Yeah I would love to hear Navydocs view..

After reading all 12 pages, I am still confused. Is the DEA telling only docs that prescribe narcotic meds they no longer need to take insurance or are they telling ALL docs they don't have to accept insurance? Or they can decline insurance on any patient receiving the questionable meds? This seems almost Benedict Arnoldish. I definitely would be turning in my receipts to the insurance company for reimbursement. The DEA has absolutely no business in the medical insurance industry.

All tests and their fees not covered by insurance should be disclosed by the requestor of the tests and the amounts to the patient prior to issuing the request and also authorized by the patient confirming they will pay.

I don't think the DEA said this at all. They don't have anything to do with billing practices.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'd say you are the one who lucked out, ultimately.

I agree with NavyDoc. And, like I said before...you could be an unwitting instrument of change for the better. You're raising awareness, opening eyes. And you're not going to be caught in the crossfire if the DEA decides to unleash on that doctor, because you're taking your business elsewhere.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Obama? I hate to tell you this but the president who made that rule to help insurance companies was Ronald Reagan.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
a reply to: whyamIhere

Obama? I hate to tell you this but the president who made that rule to help insurance companies was Ronald Reagan.

All these new pill counting laws were put in place through Obamacare.

Is he totally responsible for this mess....No

I just like to blame him. Its convient and you rarely get called out for it.

At least until now...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I'd say you are the one who lucked out, ultimately.

I agree with NavyDoc. And, like I said before...you could be an unwitting instrument of change for the better. You're raising awareness, opening eyes. And you're not going to be caught in the crossfire if the DEA decides to unleash on that doctor, because you're taking your business elsewhere.

Well, I'm trying to be strong, for all of us. But I'm not much of an activist, I'm afraid to say. Kind of a wimp in that arena.

The very kind Ameritox toxicologist (who was shocked at the letter I got and offered to call my the doctor to explain the results(..?) had asked me to call her back today. She said she has not been able to get ahold of the doctor. (And to be clear, I am not trying to get back in with that practice, I only want the records amended to reflect reality, so that a new doc-- if I am finally able to secure one-- will not have a warped view of who I am.)

This whole situation has me in emotional distress. I hate dealing with it. I called to see if my records had been received at the new place yet, and got the answering machine in the records dept. I fear they will call me back and say "No, because we haven't requested them and don't intend to."

I do so hope I am wrong, and everyone is just busy.

edit on 5/18/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join