It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation of Kremlin Turf Wars Continue as Putin Fires Two Senior Officials

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I always find it strange when owners go out their way to make something known and get said topic in the faces of its members.

After reading scholarly analysis from several source over the past few months, I think Kremlin politics has become slightly more important to global stability than Washington politics -- and it's not getting the kind of attention is should get from a site like ATS.

Obviously this topic has you concerned, as your very active getting this Putin / Russian crap infront ATS window so to speak. Why?

See above.

Why is this so important compared to non Russian related topics over 2014-2015? You must have a clear idea of what's up SOL? What do you want to be the truth in these situation?

Ha. What do I want to the the truth? For Putin to be grossly misunderstood, and a nice benevolent tyrant.

Up until 25 years ago, the most important geopolitical topic for anyone was the Cold War between the US/NATO and the USSR. Today, we have a new undeclared cold war, and it deserves to be high in consideration.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Why not just make a topic about what goes on in the Ukraine, much less speculative, although still very so...but at least we have stuff on the ongoing saga...

Ukrainian oligarch helps ‘fortify’ state oil & gas company HQ in Kiev ‘against raiders’

Kolomoysky seizes Ukrnafta in Kiev, calls for federalization, hearts Novorossia, ignores US warning

Media: armed volunteer battalions heading for Kiev

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Because, overall, the Ukrainian/Putin conflict is just the catalyst for the much larger issues.

But, that being said, your thread: Clinton Foundation’s Deep Financial Ties to Ukrainian Oligarch Revealed was aggressively promoted on Twitter with the following image:

And since it's not getting the attention it deserves, is in-line for another "re-tweet" at some point.
edit on 23-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Speculation on what's really happening, as compared to what the mainstream news and propaganda are telling us, is indeed what ATS is about.

Reuters is MSM and you take over their speculation, how is that any different from MSM ?

But RT is entirely and 100% trustworthy?
Russian bloggers are entirely 100% accurate?

You do this every time, reject any MSM and all while promoting your own views using RT and ten Russian bloggers.

This nonsense debate about what's credible and what isn't is nothing more than a distraction, and it's becoming increasingly tiresome. You cannot continuously rant about the western MSM while trusting your own sources implicitly when it suits you.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Ukraine is part of the whole mess.

With the whole Putin gone meme, as far as I know he isn`t to be seen every day, add some flu and him being gone for a bit longer time can happen.

I personally fail to see that there`s really much more, having some replacements because there is ongoing pressure on him doesn`t mean there has been a real power struggle.

There`s no denying US has set up a 5th column in Russia, but my guess is, that most of it have been removed already...so maybe some liabilities have been removed, but I would not read too much into it.

Western mainstream media is doing everything to undermine the positions of Putin so it seems, but you might ask yourself if it has any effect.

The next things we can expect is Georgia (already happening) and other conflicts on the borders of Russia to start. Putin knows there will be more to come, so removing some elements which maybe a bit dodgy can be nothing more as precautions, and not so much as a sign of a power struggle.

edit on 23 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

He's acting like a paranoid insecure child who finds himself in a situation well above his head?

No. He's acting like a Tsar who evaded a coup.

I can only guess what's happening right now in the Kremlin is way more interesting than the plot lines of House of Cards.

link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

MSM is on a rampant propaganda rage, there`s absolutely no denying in that. Russia being on the defence does actually not much more as trying to tell what goes on, because that`s enough to counter the Western propaganda.

So unless you have a motive to try and obscure the truth, at the moment there`s not much reason to dismiss most what comes from Russian sources, but the opposite is true about Western mainstream media.

link   

I tend to think Chechnya is going to be the source of the next round of big problems for Putin and his hold on power.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

MSM is on a rampant propaganda rage...

Like this?
Newsweek: Exclusive: Opposition Leaders in London Are Putin's Next Target

The Kremlin is coming after Ashurkov the same way it is coming after Navalny: with “lawfare”, using fabricated court cases as a weapon to silence and paralyse them. Putin’s regime has been mounting an escalating campaign on the opposition movement since 2012. The Kremlin first opened more than a dozen politically-motivated lawsuits against protesters who took part in a May 2012 rally that turned violent. Then it brought charges against Navalny, locking him into an ongoing, seemingly never-ending series of Kafkaesque trials. Many who had publicly donated money, often as little as 1,000 rubles (£11) to the campaign, have been harassed.

I read that as being mostly true, but excessively hyped with the Boris Nemtsov assassination.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
NATO has lost all credibility with the EU for Breedlove's outrageous lies. And yes they are outrageous and yes they are lies,because the other countries have their own CIA's that say something totally different than Breedlove. He is merely trying to keep his job by finding a Russian behind every tree. This hasn't happened just once,but over and over again. I am not saying that there may have been a shake up at the Kremlin,there very well could've been.But I am saying that as far as NATO goes,you might as well listen to Sorcha Fail.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I tend to think Chechnya is going to be the source of the next round of big problems for Putin and his hold on power.

I wonder if Kadyrov isn't taking Putin for a ride. I say that because Putin has done a lot for him, but what happens when the money runs out and Russia can't give him what he wants?

People do strange things when the gravy train runs dry.

As the saying goes keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
edit on 23-3-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
People do strange things when the gravy train runs dry.

We have history to tell us what will happen when Kadyrov's monthly allowance is cut off.

The Mujahideen begat the Taliban which begat Al Qaeda. (Or, The Mujahideen begat Al Qaeda which begat the Taliban, depending on which version of who was in charge you subscribe to)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Speculating is what we do on this sight daily......Are you for real. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows something is going on and speculation is all we currently have.

If you hate ATS so much and dislike this tread why waste your time?

I just hate propaganda, that`s all !

When all you have are pin pricks of information dribbling in and certain facts that are known, analysis becomes your only tool to ascertain validity of source info.

Everybody here is aware of propaganda wars on going, but even propaganda can lead us to more truth through our ability to read between the lines.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Not likely.

Ramzan Kadyrov the leader of Chechnya is very loyal to Putin. It's very unlikely that he will turn on him. In his recent interview ( can't remember where I've seen, will try to find ) he said he would die for Putin!
edit on 23-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I take Stratfor with a grain of salt and skepticism. They had some wild claims about Osama's body after he was "killed". IIRC, there were some leaked emails or something about his body being flown state side.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Ramzan Kadyrov the leader of Chechnya is very loyal to Putin.

And I think that it's his loyalty to Putin, and Putin's need to return that loyalty, that will be the crux of future issues.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

They weren't the only ones speculating that the story of Osama's remains were different than what was being reported. Someone else, can't remember who, had some reasonable evidence that the body was whisked away to Saudi Arabia.

Anyway, off topic somewhat… but not to far. Kadyrov is Putin's Osama.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Kasparov, Khodorkovsky, Tymoshenko, and other opponents have been crapping such kinds of things on a regular base...they are the 5th column elements, proving at the same time there`s not much threat coming from that side anymore because they are not in Russia anymore.

I would not hold that much merit to those kinds of things, but some intimidation has probably happened in Russia itself...over sea, I don`t think that much.

They know about what the US is up to, to some degree, in the next 10 years, hence they talk about returning in 10 years. There`s a game of making everyone in The Kremlin as paranoia as they can from the outside, but the ones in The Kremlin will know about that.

Propaganda from the West is also not telling what goes on, have you seen this...

Ukrainian forces deliver artillery strike at railway station in Donetsk

Apparently Reuters had also a video of a few days ago about Ukraine still having heavy weapons on the front line...

The ministry wrote in comments on reports that journalists from Reuters had made a video showing heavy weaponry of the Ukrainian army at the contact line in the southeast of Ukraine.

Source

I haven`t seen anything mentioned about it in Western media.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hmm, I still don't see it happening. But, who knows. The only reason for Kadyrov's turning on Putin could be if he started believing Putin is working against Russian people and Russia, considering Kadyrov is a great patriot. But very unlikely if you ask me.

If i were Putin, I'd be worrying about people with close ties with the western countries.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

He's acting like a paranoid insecure child who finds himself in a situation well above his head?

No. He's acting like a Tsar who evaded a coup.

Immediately when he came out of seclusion, he gave high medals to his Chechen strongman mini dictator down there, and this is weird....he gave a high medal to the guy who put polonium in that guys tea who died over in England of Polonium poisoning.

Questions mounted when just a few days later Mr. Putin gave a state award to Mr. Kadyrov (and to Andrei K. Lugovoi, who was charged by Britain with killing the fugitive Russian intelligence officer, Aleksandr V. Litvinenko, by poisoning his tea with polonium).

Burried in long NYTimes story

This all points to paranoia.
The only reason to give a high medal to a successful assassin who does his work outside of Russia, is to intimidate those outside of Russia who would like to organize a coup inside Russia.

Inside of Russia itself, he has Kadyrov who has a security team who operates so freely inside Russia that the FSB cannot even detain one of his guys without personal approval from Putin himself. The recent killing of Putin's rival in broad daylight in what should be the safest spot in all of Russia, right outside the Kremlin's doors, shows the power Putin allows them.

“The F.S.B. hate Ramzan because they are unable to control him,” Alexey Malashenko, an expert on the Caucasus at the Carnegie Moscow Center, said of the successor intelligence agency to the K.G.B. “He does whatever he wants, including in Moscow. Nobody can arrest members of his team if there is no agreement with Putin.”

edit on 23-3-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join