It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation of Kremlin Turf Wars Continue as Putin Fires Two Senior Officials

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I continue to contend that, following Vladimir Putin's uncharacteristic absence from public appearances, along with the rumors of a stealthy coup; that some level of a coup attempt did indeed happen in Moscow. One of the most prolific providers of geopolitical intelligence, Stratfor, published an analysis: Questions Remain About Putin's Disappearance which posits that an attempted coup may have happened.

And today, the news out of Moscow seems to add some new level of credibility to the idea that a power struggle of some level may have indeed happened. Putin dismissed two senior Kremlin officials, less than a month after the assassination of Nemtsov. Oleg Morozov (head of domestic policy) and Sergi Bolkhovitin (head of international cooperation) have been suddenly dismissed from the Kremlin. Morozov has been replaced by someone more staunchly loyal to Putin, the other position remains unfilled.

Putin sacks two senior Kremlin officials amid speculation of turf wars

Morozov was replaced by Tatyana Voronova, who previously headed the youth section of Putin's ruling United Russia party, served as a lawmaker and sat on the country's central elections committee before moving to the Kremlin in early 2013.

Analysts said Voronova is a protege of Vyacheslav Volodin -- Putin's first deputy chief of staff who was blacklisted by the European Union last year for what the bloc said was his role in the annexation of Crimea from Ukraine.

This is a developing story. More will be added to the opening post as it becomes available.
edit on 23-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
He's starting to act like Obama.

I think you may be right with your thoughts Skeptic. Maybe there was a power grab evolving.
edit on 23-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

He's acting like a paranoid insecure child who finds himself in a situation well above his head?

No. He's acting like a Tsar who evaded a coup.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Is his bodyguard still missing? The developments since his disappearance are very interesting.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I agree something happened a power struggle of sorts. Do to the outcome I think it was a negotiation. And do to the nature of it Putin went into hiding. See if it wad a coup they waited to long got to the point where everyone was actively searching for a Putin and with his public support removing him gets difficult. Problem for him is a year from now he won't have that protection. With the recession starting to hut hard and only going to get worse hell lose public support. And if that happens a challenge to his leadership would be successful.

As for his absence I think a negotiation occurred and betting alot if threats were involved. Maybe even some killings that'd Ruddia politics after all.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
maybe its time to do what this woman says?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: rickymouse

He's acting like a paranoid insecure child who finds himself in a situation well above his head?

No. He's acting like a Tsar who evaded a coup.

How do you know ?

You just speculate your ass off and you wonder at the same time why members ask themselves what has happened to ATS ?

Have you ever thought about being just a pawn in a Western scheme to try and create paranoia in The Kremlin, and the people in The Kremlin being aware of it and just act pragmatic about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And there's also this: Bloomberg: NATO Says Russia's Still Pouring Arms Into Ukraine

Russia is still pouring heavy weapons into Ukraine, signaling that President Vladimir Putin has no intention of abiding by last month's ceasefire agreement, NATO's top military commander warned on Sunday.

U.S. Air Force General Philip Breedlove told an audience here at the German Marshall Fund Brussels Forum that Moscow continues to ramp up military and economic support to separatists in Eastern Ukraine. That conclusion was based on evidence gathered by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's joint intelligence unit in the U.K.

“We continue to see disturbing elements of air defense, command and control, resupply and equipment coming across a completely porous border,” he said.

The story also indicates that the Obama administration has not yet made a decision on sending arms to Kiev… at least, not a public decision I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Speculation on what's really happening, as compared to what the mainstream news and propaganda are telling us, is indeed what ATS is about.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

One would have to be extremely naive to NOT speculate given all oddities coming from Russia lately.

at the same time why members ask themselves what has happened to ATS ?

Are people still seriously ranting about Phage? Who cares!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think it's obvious that some in the Kremlin wanted to take a harder stance against the West, but luckily Putin prevailed.

Had Putin been overthrown, we could have seen a rapidly escalating situation, leading to all out war.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Some background info courtesy TASS. Morozov was part of the election process as well for Putin.

Oleg Morozov became the new head of the Presidential Directorate for Domestic Policy.

i am not finding anything on Sergei Bolkhovitin other than his termination was immediate.

originally posted by: DAZ21
I think it's obvious that some in the Kremlin wanted to take a harder stance against the West, but luckily Putin prevailed.

Had Putin been overthrown, we could have seen a rapidly escalating situation, leading to all out war.

Or they want to remove him so he doesnt destroy Russia, and a large chunk of the planet, with his nuclear "Custer Defense" threats.

How is it obvious and the other possibility not obvious?
edit on 23-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If this action is truly over a potential coup on the President, I would think they would have executed these guys, not just fired them. That or at least locked them in a cell forever. Anyone know if there are current reports on these guys or if they are missing now?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Or the last time they have been seen in public?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

With all that has happened in the past week, I tend to see it more that Putin has negotiated his "win" over the oligarchs and Kremlin hawks. There is now a moderately escalating situation, and slightly more aggressive rhetoric toward the west.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I continue to contend that, following Vladimir Putin's uncharacteristic absence from public appearances, along with the rumors of a stealthy coup; that some level of a coup attempt did indeed happen in Moscow. One of the most prolific providers of geopolitical intelligence, Stratfor, published an analysis: Questions Remain About Putin's Disappearance which posits that an attempted coup may have happened.

And today, the news out of Moscow seems to add some new level of credibility to the idea that a power struggle of some level may have indeed happened. Putin dismissed two senior Kremlin officials, less than a month after the assassination of Nemtsov. Oleg Morozov (head of domestic policy) and Sergi Bolkhovitin (head of international cooperation) have been suddenly dismissed from the Kremlin. Morozov has been replaced by someone more staunchly loyal to Putin, the other position remains unfilled.

Putin sacks two senior Kremlin officials amid speculation of turf wars

Morozov was replaced by Tatyana Voronova, who previously headed the youth section of Putin's ruling United Russia party, served as a lawmaker and sat on the country's central elections committee before moving to the Kremlin in early 2013.

Analysts said Voronova is a protege of Vyacheslav Volodin -- Putin's first deputy chief of staff who was blacklisted by the European Union last year for what the bloc said was his role in the annexation of Crimea from Ukraine.

This is a developing story. More will be added to the opening post as it becomes available.

If this is a sign of trouble in Russia, then me here in Canada are totally FUBAR. Our federal finance minister dropped dead a week after a surprise retirement and Harper's right hand man who gets bounced to all the hot cabinet seats just announced his retirement from public service at the old of... 45. Meh, nothing to bat an eye at.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Speculation on what's really happening, as compared to what the mainstream news and propaganda are telling us, is indeed what ATS is about.

Reuters is MSM and you take over their speculation, how is that any different from MSM ?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am more than likely way off here but in reality ,Where is he at? Show me Putin . Show me verifiable video of him recently. Show me a photo that is conclusive he is still in power. So far nothing but words and undated photos. Who is releasing this information and how do we know that Putin is still in power or even alive?
edit on 23-3-2015 by dntwastetime because: clarity

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

He's acting like a Tsar who evaded a coup.

For a long while I was thinking he disappeared because he simply had the flu. But the more information that's coming up, the more I"m wondering if there was indeed something bigger going on.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Speculating is what we do on this sight daily......Are you for real. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows something is going on and speculation is all we currently have.

If you hate ATS so much and dislike this tread why waste your time?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join