It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Announces Presidential Exploratory Committee for 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: grandmakdw

I totally agree with you, minus the Dem's "War on Theology" part. But I don't think HairPiece McGee is the right candidate to "shake things up". He's registered Republican and will tow the party line to the T.

I am making a point that the US needs a radical change.

If the only alternative other than Hillary and Jeb is Donald, well that's who I'll vote for.

I'm ready for anyone other than an establishment (Boehner style) Republican or Democrat who have brought our country to it's knees.

edit on 12Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:21:01 -0500pm31803pmk183 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Term limits could easily be imposed if a sitting president opened the issue up for a national popular vote.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
If the only alternative other than Hillary and Jeb is Donald, well that's who I'll vote for.

To me that is not an alternative, I would sooner vote for a pile of cinder blocks.

edit on 18-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Term limits could easily be imposed if a sitting president opened the issue up for a national popular vote.

Doesn't work that way in the US.

It would take one of two things:
1. Congress votes on and approves it (NOT going to happen)
2. A constitutional convention of all states approving it state by state
.(that means the state legislators in many states have to put it on the ballot,
...not likely to happen as many of them are career politicians themselves)
edit on 12Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:16:07 -0500pm31803pmk183 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Then the American public should demand that they not vote for any politician who opposes term limits. Change CAN happen, but it needs to happen from the bottom. All it takes is one person starting a social media campaign. Someone with drive and desire for real change. Start a viral thing that spreads like the "Ice Bucket Challenge" did. Demand term limits, and don't vote for politicians who oppose it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

To me that is not an alternative, I would sooner vote for a pile of cinder blocks.

I'd vote for a pile of cinder blocks over any establishment Democrat or establishment (Boehner stye) Republican

I am trying to make a point that ANY third party candidate

would be an improvement

and likely to bring the ruling parties together and force them to cooperate

if only because they hate the person that is voted in.

edit on 12Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:40:16 -0500pm31803pmk183 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Then the American public should demand that they not vote for any politician who opposes term limits. Change CAN happen, but it needs to happen from the bottom. All it takes is one person starting a social media campaign. Someone with drive and desire for real change. Start a viral thing that spreads like the "Ice Bucket Challenge" did. Demand term limits, and don't vote for politicians who oppose it.

Go for it! Give it a try!

Got those girls in Africa released from slavery didn't it, oh wait.....

Actually, if you think it would work, all kidding aside, try it, you be the one to start it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

A girl living in Japan doesn't carry the same "oomph" as someone still living in the U.S. As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think people would rally behind the idea of some dirty ex-pat looking to renounce their American citizenship.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I am trying to make a point that ANY third party candidate would be an improvement
and likely to bring the ruling parties together and force them to cooperate
if only because they hate the person that is voted in.

Two things. I doubt Trump Clown would run as a Third Party candidate as he loves reminding Republicans that he is more in touch with their true 'message' than they are.

Second, due to our first-past-the-post system no Third Party will ever have a the ability to supplant on of the other parties without massive and sustained grass roots support and even if they did not one of the parties out, the money will eventually cause them to fill that very same void.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think people would rally behind the idea of some dirty ex-pat looking to renounce their American citizenship.

I am open to bribery if the bribes are sufficiently lurid.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The second it comes out you're mason every single person on the internet would begin analyzing every single public appearance you make and highlight every single triangle and eye in every still frame.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I still think that for this time and place, for now.

A third party candidate is preferable over any establishment politician with the seal of approval of the powers that people claim are behind the scenes running things.

We can not just say it is hopeless and fall in lock step line

like sheeple

and watch as we like frogs

grow warm in our pot of
email and phone surveillance;
give control of the bodies of our children to the government
allow intrusive body searches in the name of safe travel
give in to the severe climate of thought control
....that has emerged with political correctness

and eventually grow so apathetic
that we will slip into
1984 (the government described in the book by George Orwell)

and die as individuals

becoming simply slaves

to the political establishment

so they can maintain power
and consolidate the money into the hands of the political elite

He__ NO, I won't go quietly into the night
so my grandchildren can live in a "safe'
"dystopian"
totalitarian world
where everyone is equally poor
except the elite politicians who make our corporatist look saintly

because someone thinks a third party
might become as corrupt as what we currently have,
so why try.

edit on 12Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:37:02 -0500pm31803pmk183 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Hah. I do not want to be a politician, the nasty bribes I was soliciting were to support you.

So be creative.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The problem is I have not seen any viable Third Party candidates. Even Ron Paul, who I liked, had to run as a Republican to even get any reasonable type of legitimacy.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What bothers me is that people actually believe that Republicans and Democrats actually believe what their party platform is all about.

Yes, I'm sure most Democrats sit around, with an evil laugh and plot how to micro manage and invade every person's life -- because, you know...that's exactly what they're into! *sarcasm*

No, the corporate masters that donate to their campaigns push the agendas they vote for in the halls of congress. Doesn't anyone realize that money talks, and whoever has the most money talks the loudest? The agendas and political platforms of BOTH parties are designed, submitted, bought and paid for by big money interests -- corporations! (because corporations are now people, you see).

Just like Republicans acting incredibly ignorant about science, saying some of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Do I really think they're that insanely stupid? No. They want to get re-elected, and the big money pouring into their Super-PACs comes from corporations that have agendas. They serve their corporate overlords.

We, the peons and peasants are made to believe these politicians actually believe the rhetoric they spout off. Hell, if you could get a group from both sides of the isle behind closed doors, they'd probably be shaking hands and slapping each other on the back, buying each other drinks and saying, "Good show old sport, that was a nice play back there!"
edit on 18-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

While I agree that corporations are funding a good deal of the lobbying efforts the influence of unions, private groups and other PACs is certainly huge as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The problem is I have not seen any viable Third Party candidates. Even Ron Paul, who I liked, had to run as a Republican to even get any reasonable type of legitimacy.

I do believe one will emerge, the time is right.

There is still 2 years to go.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I would like you to be right but history is certainly not on our side.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Seriously, these politicians are basically paid to say what they say by big special interests. Maybe your local government officials have some vested interest in the people, but at the national level its acting on grand scale.

Throw me campaign money to keep me in office, and I'll say whatever you want and vote however you want.
edit on 18-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

We need someone totally outside the system, it doesn't have to be "the Donald" but someone with REAL life experience, with REAL money, and a firm grasp on how to successfully manage a large system, which the US has become.

I disagree that ANY establishment Democrat or Republican
can "fix" the US.

How are you disagreeing with me on this?

We are far far beyond that now.

The USA needs a radical change, one that the established politicians will all shudder at because it means a loss of the power and money they hold so dear.

Right now, ALL the major candidates are 1%er's! So your assertion that regular people can't run if we have a citizen government is wrong., they can't run now.

But that is clearly wrong since there are clearly politicians from the lower classes that are in Congress RIGHT now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join