It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who claimed he saw S4

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hi all, I have recently remembered that I read an article a while ago from the late nineties from the las vegas sun (I think) regarding a gentleman who claimed that he got into restricted NTS areas. His intentions were somewhat unusual, he wanted to trace the steps of a group of Western settlers/ pioneers from the 1800's and find some evidence of their trip. His name was Jerry Freeman and he is an archaeologist who has had desert survival experience. From what I read he seemed genuinely ignorant to the threat of the security forces at work and didn't realise that really serious black projects are/ were carried out in these places. I know most people straight up won't believe this, as I didn't at first but no one is really at liberty to say he did or didn't. So far as I can remember he had no obvious proof or than his anecdotal story which included spending 7 days out there, seeing lights around the papoose lake area (from which he claims he was only 3 miles from) and seeing moving vehicles (most likely security outfits) at the papoose lake area. It sounds absolutely nuts I know and there was nothing regarding the route he took or how he actually stayed alive for a whole week in the desert but this guy genuinely didn't care about the whole area 51 thing, he was interested in the history of the area the NTS is built on. I can't find the article on their website so I can't cite it word for word. If anyone else remembers reading it or knows anything else I would like to hear it and more importantly does anyone think the story's legit. I'm told he died in the early 00's so I suppose we'll never know for sure. Thanks all

edit on 17-3-2015 by Thomasz because: additional info

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
never heard the story but sounds interesting. Posted in hopes someone knows more and posts some links to read.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I couldn't really find any accompanying photos or the original article itself unfortunately
. Nonetheless I wonder if he really did get in how wasn't he arrested for going public with his story. Thanks buddy.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thomasz

I couldn't really find any accompanying photos or the original article itself unfortunately

Ask and you shall receive. Is this what you were talking about?

Story

Here's another story about him.

link

This is from the Las Vegas Sun.

Link
edit on 17-3-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Spot on! Interesting that he recovered artifacts that turned out to be fake though. I hadn't heard that before. It sort of puts a dent in his credibility. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You're welcome. I just typed Archaeologist Jerry Freeman into Google search and a whole lot of articles popped up. Some are questioning his credibility.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Good call, i never would have thought of google there...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Interesting read of his story...thanks for the link!

You know, it actually rings true. It sounds like the guy walked into Area 51 right past S4 into a canyon...then back out. He didn't walk around the facility cause he wasn't interested in that.

Man that dude is one crazy guy!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Ask and you shall receive. Is this what you were talking about?
Story
Here's another story about him.
link
This is from the Las Vegas Sun.
Link

The second link is my website. On there is a rough map that shows he supposedly turned back just south of Papoose Dry Lake.
The thread title is misleading - he never claimed he "saw S4". There are numerous facilities near the path he claims to have taken.
edit on 17-3-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

It's not my thread. I just found the links.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

It's not my thread. I just found the links.

Oops, sorry. Fixed.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thank you! This was an interesting story and the links made for quite an interesting read. Jerry's diary was quite the tale and and an amazing adventure and it's unfortunate he never found what he was looking for.Truly a shame about that trunk being hoaxed and I believe he was just some poor soul who got taken in by it. Maybe someday he will be appreciated for what he did and regain some honour by his retracing the trail of the '49ers.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It's cool. I put the links up so it's easy to assume that I made the thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Well you'll forgive me if I thought it was implied perhaps? It's difficult to say because we don't know whether there are operations at Papoose lake but he seemed to think there was (With very little prior area 51/ NTS knowledge). Whether it was actual buildings or just vehicles I suppose we'll never know (We still can't be certain he was ever actually there). Thanks for the website nonetheless his diary really is interesting and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

What is S4?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Hannes28

He's the logistics guy you go to to get equipment. The S4, like the spoons and the nurses, are folk you need to cultivate.

Although it's probably a different one here.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

skip to 50.10

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Freeman never made it to S-4 proper. He was near Papoose Dry Lake, but still a mile or more away from the hillside/jag that conceals Site 4.

Additionally, a photo showing the area way in the distance is obscured by Freeman's hat. This is all well and good, because he did not intend to discover S4/UFO only to retrace the 49'ers trail. He did, even found some cool artifacts for his trouble.

One thing stood out, however, is a "light" he described precisely where S4 is believed to sit. Interesting, to say the least.

Take that in conjunction with the roads, tracks and significant anomalies and you have S-4 at Papoose Lake

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The North access road from Groom Lake splits off into an unmarked trail that connects to the hillside/jag, the "tear drop" and the South access road to/from Groom.

There are plenty of roads/tracks and even multiple sets of tracks leading to the suspected hangar locations

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join