It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard "The Hum" and what is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Someone already mentioned cloud cover being a possibility but the skies were clear. Have been for weeks which is strange for the UK haha.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

No street lights in my village. It's a typical British countryside village. We do have transformers but they're tiny. I can't imagine that sound coming from them at all. It was far to big and vibrant.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

The pulsing didn't have a "shhh shhh shhh" type sound, it was more like dubstep. It was one low tone frequency about 60Hz that opened up a little.

Listen to this with the volume high enough to here the wobbling:

It was just like that however the wobbles weren't patterned like that, they were of that tempo but changed slightly. I walked around for a bit trying my hardest to find where it came from but had no luck. I remember saying to someone that I didn't ever think of it being in front, behind or to the side of me. It sounded like it was around me but felt like it was above if that makes sense. That's one of the reasons why I brought it here because the feeling and silence along with the sound was so alien like. It was loud enough to be able to distinguish if it was a truck or not. I'm going to listen the same time tonight to see if I hear it again.
edit on 14-3-2015 by jonwhite866 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Agnost
Hi agnost,

I checked your links for the helicorders and yes, they do show some activity on 12 to 13 March, during the night.

However, you've linked to the helicorder displays for station SOFL, which is Sornfelli. That station is the most northern one in the British Isles' network and is on an island north of Scotland. So, it's a long way from WACR (West Acre). The SOFL station designation is clearly visible in both the webpage header and on the helicorder chart.

The WACR traces for the same period are extremely quiet. Even the occasional daytime blips are likely just cultural noise. (ie, vibrations caused by nearby human activity.) Please compare:
WACR helicorder for March 12.
SOFL helicorder for March 12

WACR helicorder for March 13.
SOFL helicorder for March 13.

As for Sornfelli, being very northern and on a smallish island, the traces could be showing the effects of wave activity due to the stormy weather they often get there. Helicorders often pick up wave impacts on a shoreline. But even if it's not wave/storm effects and it's truly seismic, it's too far away to be affecting the region where the OP is.

ETA: to the OP... Almost forgot to mention! I have heard a similar hum a few times in the past, mainly when I lived in Australia. One I recall well was way, way out in the country and there was nothing around to explain it. No pump equipment, no transformers, no electric fences. Zilch. Nada. I have no idea what it was.
edit on 14/3/15 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

It is a strange thing. If you haven't seen, I've posted a video of the noise I heard. It's right above your reply. Read some of what I've put there as well so you can truly get a glimpse of what I heard. The noise wasn't hard to hear, in fact it was very clear like it was near by. Either way, it's worth checking out the video. Do tell me if it has any resemblance to what you heard back in Australia.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It probably has a natural source, like a distant generator of some sort, but if not...Acoustic Gravity Waves

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jonwhite866

There's a perfectly rational and simple explanation for the Alien humming.

They don't know the lyrics.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Never heard a "hum" noise from outside. I do hear a very high pitch sound in my ear, like a ringing sound.
Probably not the same thing, but just as annoying.

Just for the record, I don't think its, Tinnitus.
edit on 14-3-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

There's a perfectly rational and simple explanation for the Alien humming.

They don't know the lyrics.

Proud of that were you? Lol

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Never heard a "hum" noise from outside. I do hear a very high pitch sound in my ear, like a ringing sound.

It's called tinnitus. See a doc.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I edited my post. It's not tinnitus. Never had any ear problems, or hearing loss. Asked the doc before, doesn't think its tinnitus.
Idk maybe he's wrong

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I edited my post. It's not tinnitus. Never had any ear problems, or hearing loss. Asked the doc before, doesn't think its tinnitus.
Idk maybe he's wrong

I guess the occasional peep is normal, but if it becomes persistent or annoying it might be worth looking into.

As for the LF hum, I don't know. Summers when we sleep with the windows open I hear some strange droning outside in the early AM. There's a thread about the topic somewhere on ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There was a thread about this a few years ago.

Around then I could hear it too, it wasn't constant and differed from the building site sounds at night and the plane sounds from being near an air base.

I hadn't heard it again until about 3 weeks ago, I considered doing a thread on it but couldn't be bothered.

I heard it for at least a few nights in a row and it was constant, lasting all night, there was some wind but it wasn't that, it was a different sound, there was some hazy cloud and and a definite atmosphere that accompanies it, it was more than a sound. The air felt heavy and charged, as if there was something there. Something tangible.

I wondered if it was perhaps weaponry or some sort of electrical shield in response to the heightened tension of the time, there were a few Russian planes seen in the UK airspace borders and a lot going on in the news.

I have excellent hearing and couldn't determine the location or source, apart from it being in the sky, as if it was above the clouds.

I just checked my phone as I tried recording it on sleep talk app, each time I recorded it a car drove past, even though late at night, almost as if on purpose. The recording was on 28/2/15 and is on the video, the sound is best heard around 1.00 -105, 2.00, 2035-40, it is a sound that is in waves, almost like a jet engine, but it was constant for hours and I know the sound of planes, it sounded like something else.

I am in rural suburban area close to fields on the Ox/ Wilts border.

Here is the recording, on a loop, the picture is not the location and the sound at the end of each is a car.

edit on 14-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Thanks for the post but I don't think the video was embedded correctly as I can't seem to view it.

edit on 14-3-2015 by jonwhite866 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The video is fixed now.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I lived on a farm for 6 yrs & after the first year or two
I heard a hum 24/7. I thought it was me for the longest time.
I had a bad reaction to a medication that left me with debilitating
anxiety with panic attacks...so I attributed the hum to my over
sensitivity.
However when me mum came to visit me she heard it too. I had
never mentioned it to her...she asked me about it. So I now
know the farm has a hum. I heard it inside & outside. The
town is small but you see Mount Weather as it runs all across
the backside of the farm. The farm does not have electric
fencing. Mount Weather's little city grew during that time.

I just recently moved & do not hear a hum.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
And you also have to rule out the presence of any major pipelines, not just the pumping stations that supply them. It could be water, petroleum, or natural gas, doesn't matter as long it's a high enough volume at a high enough flow rate. Once a pattern of turbulence is established in the fluid flow, you'll get resonance. (Just like an organ pipe.) Then you get whistles, hums, buzzes, or even hammering noises. Noises on the lower end of the frequency scale and carrying through dense material can carry for miles, so it makes it more difficult to locate the pipeline as the source when it's underground.

When I did a comparison of major pipeline locations in the U.S. and major locations for repeated hum or strange noise incidents, I'd say there was quite a bit of convergence. A few outliers, but the majority overlapped in location.

I wonder if the same could be said for the U.K. or other countries?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
lurker of seven or eight years, I had to sign up when I saw this post. I grew up in Taos New Mexico and heard/felt what I believe was in the hum in 2008 with my brother. It was within a few weeks of seeing 5+ glowing lights over the Rio Grande that changed colors and faded in and out. We were staying at a hostel in the mountains and went outside to have a smoke one evening. As soon as we walked out the door some kind of frequency/noise hit us which both of us could feel in our bodies and it was almost hard to move, like we were walking underwater. It was very loud and only lasted about five seconds. After it was over both of us were in shock and awe and had the feeling to walk in a certain direction we thought the sound was originating.. nothing.. to this day I have no idea what the # that was

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Mike, thanks for the correction and explanation. Apparently on that page all stations link to the Sornfelli data...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It is tectonic plate movement and friction,or even rock strata pulling apart-causing the sounds that range from booms to hums depending if it is occurring under lakes not.

Are you in the US? I'm quite sure your location will correspond to where the New Madrid is pulling apart or the San Andreas is. The American plate is being torn diagonally I hear we are looking at a big event this year,so you might want to check the site out below and perhaps consider a safe location.

We are having this too in Czech as we are in the stretch zone.

poleshift.ning.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join