It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard "The Hum" and what is it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jonwhite866

I'm very familiar with the case. Let me do a little digging, like I said, I am very intrigued but this thread. Thank you for sharing

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDarkHorse

I'm not very well educated on HAARP but what you say sounds like a plausible explanation. Was there any information on time schedules or is it just random? If I remember correctly I heard it some time between 11:50PM & 12:10PM. I'm going to go outside again tomorrow at that same time and see if I hear anything. I doubt it but it's worth a shot.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I heard something similar in March 2014 at Irvine California. For 30 minutes, two alternating tones "randomly" sounded away.

It was different than the British Columbia Canadian "bugles" that made headlines in 2013. An ATS thread can be searched.
In that thread is a link someone posted with the scientific explanation...cosmic winds hitting our atmosphere and resonating...which makes the direction "difficult" to determine.

I am mobile so can't easily search.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

To help any further research, the frequency was near the 56-60Hz mark. Very close to the frequency heard at the beginning of this video:

Add a slight pulsing wobble in there and that was the noise I heard. No echo, no direction, just that sound as if my house was surrounded by this pulsing noise. I felt like the sound was above me more than in front, behind or to the side of me though. I couldn't hear it above me but I felt it above me if that makes sense.

edit on 13-3-2015 by jonwhite866 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2015 by jonwhite866 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure whether cosmic winds effect the entire planet or just particular parts of the globe like the Aurora Borealis. The UK and Canada are very different places so I'm not sure what to think of that. I'll do some research on it tomorrow. It is 1:15AM here now so gotta catch some sleep. Thanks for the input though, appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The saucer i heard at a distance had high pitch humming noise similar to an air-conditioner. Only this sound can move in direction as the craft moves.

Tho a hum is a pretty generic sound. It also sounds like an Idol Disel Engin. But up close it has a pulsing to it. SHhhh shhhh shhhh shhhh shhh shhh shhhh type of sound.

From reading your post, I wasn't personally there to verify what you were hearing. Hopes this helps but i don't think anyone here can garentee what you heard.

Could of been a powerbox or powerlines as well. Electronics exist now so Unless you see a shapeshifting alien walking across the street or see a saucer first it's hard to come to conclusions. I suggest putting a camera outside under rain cover and letting it record some activity. Review the activity and if you catch something. Report back here tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
May I suggest the 60 hz hum of a utility pole mounted transformer or street light?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Its just what the planet does when it forgets the words

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Do you have above ground power lines with boxes/transformers on them nearby?

Edit: Nevermind...nickn3 beat me to it!
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Its funny on a self analytical level that I want to bail out when we start talking harp, but I'm cool with ET ..

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I've heard the "hum" before as well, in the company of others, about three years ago.

The thing I found odd is that although I, and others heard it, there were other people from the same general location (literally next door to us) who did not, it was quite the mixed bag of who heard it and who did not.

Also our dog definitely heard it as he was going crazy outside during the event, and I heard it over my noise cancelling headphones..which again makes me wonder why other people did not hear it.

edit on 13-3-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The hum has possibly always been there, but the unusual quiet allowed you to hear it now. Transformers sometimes hum, so do streetlights. Even high power transmission lines can hum as can their big transformers. The town seems small, any small factories there or stores with cooling compressors for their food? There could be many things causing it.

Go for a walk and see what you can find, then you will know. Alien ships are quiet from what I hear.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
People have reported humming or buzzing before earthquake activity.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

In keeping with the electrical direction , do you have power lines nearby . These lines hum sometimes quite loudly , from memory it is called aeolian vibration . Although it is supposed to be a wind driven thing , from what i have witnessed on what some would call still nights the noise is quite loud .

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't know what the hell it is but when I hear it it is changing between two pitches one low and one a little higher I keep asking my wife if she hears it and she says no I don't understand what it is I'm in the Northeast and hear it constantly especially just before I go to bed

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Hi Jon,

How did your dogs react?

Anyway, I looked for sismic activity in your region, and something did happen on that night.

Check out these links:

March, 12 : starts around 20h00-21h00

March, 13 : stops at 14h00, but very pronounced at midnight.

Regards

ETA : the station is West Acre , that should be +- were you are , right?

edit on 14-3-2015 by Agnost because: add location

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
To those who have mentioned HAARP as a possibility: Just...no. HAARP has been shut down and partially dismantled for almost a year.

Anyway, without having been there, it's impossible for anyone to say for sure what you heard, though I can almost guarantee you the source was something completely mundane. Low frequency sounds can travel very long distances, and factors such as cloud cover can greatly increase those distances.

For example, several years ago, they began construction of an arena near where I live, that, at the time, was basically in the middle of nowhere. Every night for several weeks, I could hear a low pitch, slightly oscillating "hum", that seemed to emanate from all directions, and had no clue what it was. Then one night I happened to be driving out near where the construction was going on, and it was clear that the noise was coming from the large trucks and generators they had running constantly. I was hearing it from my house, just under 5 miles away.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I hear it mostly at night when i try to sleep. I live near the hills in Eastern Scotland.

Have heard it most places i have lived.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bkfd54
I don't know what the hell it is but when I hear it it is changing between two pitches one low and one a little higher I keep asking my wife if she hears it and she says no I don't understand what it is I'm in the Northeast and hear it constantly especially just before I go to bed

I'm in the Northeast too and haven't heard anything either. I have always found this subject intriguing. I remember watching some vids in the past and those sounds are downright spooky as hell.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Agnost

One of my dogs has started sitting outside at night for the past few weeks as if she's waiting for something. My little one was acting a bit odd when I went to let them out. She stayed close to me and I had to give her a little nudge in order to get her outside.

I'm further south in the bulge of England, around the Suffolk section so nowhere near this West Arce station. But that could explain it. I've embedded a video earlier in this thread to the noise I heard but without wobbles.
edit on 14-3-2015 by jonwhite866 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join