It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard "The Hum" and what is it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jonwhite866
What I heard was not quite the same. It didn't have the wavering, was just a very steady hum. However, as you and some others have noted, it was impossible to determine the direction it originated from. It just seemed to be in the air everywhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Agnost
Yes, Sornfelli is the default setting. I don't blame you in the least for getting caught out by it. It took me a few minutes of trying to reconcile what I was seeing with that you'd linked to, then I finally noticed they were different helicorders!

To get the other stations you need to click on the little box and get the drop-down, then select the station you want and choose a date. It then opens the selected station's/date's helicorder page in a new window. Then you C&P the link from there. A bit messy IMO, but that's the way they've set it up.

All the same it's a great resource and well worth members' bookmarking for future reference if they also hear "the hum" or observe any other odd phenomena that might be related.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I began hearing the Hum somewhere around 1998. I didn't know whether to describe it as a sound, or a vibration, though I know that technically, there is no difference- but as far as describing my experience of it, it seemed to effect my whole body, and not just received through the eardrums.

It would come and go for periods of days, and I seemed to recognize a pattern of synchronicity, strange dreams or visions, happening specifically at time when the vibration was strong. But I am not sure whether that was objectively true (perhaps I just paid more attention to such events when the Hum was present?).

I've been through all the other possibilities, looked for exterior sources. We moved to an entirely different area, very isolated (no other buildings or mechanics up here in the wilderness). Not only did it not go away, but my husband became aware of it, where he couldn't before.

When it was strong, we did experiments, going outside, inside, trying to see where it felt stronger or not; trying to look for patterns associating what we ate, drank, did, our health....it has been years of this. I joined an group of Hum hearers, constantly comparing what we experience and experiments we try out.

Until I just decided I will never know, and when it is loud, it just is, and I don't search for explanation. It still seems, to me, to coincide with times of heightened senses in general, making psychic types of experiences more prominent.

I seem to remember a very interesting theory someone put out there, on gravity waves, the theory of which seemed like it would explain some of what we have found- the sound gets worse when inside a home made of stone, as our is. It can get stronger than it is outside. This is not the case in buildings made of lighter materials, where it will seem stronger outside.

I recently started trying out bineural beats, and was surprised to find that sometimes there is a sound seeming exactly like the hum. But I know virtually nothing about sound waves and haven't bothered to determine which one of those it is.

It is very strong right now, which is why I clicked on this. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't, we've been to doctors, explored all the other possibilities, and though I totally understand why the tinnia and waterpump sorts of suggestions come up, but it gets tiresome to explain again. I just want to offer a hands up and let others who hear it know, they are not alone. Good luck with trying to find it!
edit on 15-3-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
As a quick update, I went out again last night at the same time as last time and heard nothing. Everything was back to normal, there were cars on the highway, there were the usual insect noises. It was a bit weird how that one night was so different to the rest.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

No I live in the eastern parts of the UK.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonwhite866
a reply to: AnuTyr

The pulsing didn't have a "shhh shhh shhh" type sound, it was more like dubstep. It was one low tone frequency about 60Hz that opened up a little.

Listen to this with the volume high enough to here the wobbling:

It was just like that however the wobbles weren't patterned like that, they were of that tempo but changed slightly. I walked around for a bit trying my hardest to find where it came from but had no luck. I remember saying to someone that I didn't ever think of it being in front, behind or to the side of me. It sounded like it was around me but felt like it was above if that makes sense. That's one of the reasons why I brought it here because the feeling and silence along with the sound was so alien like. It was loud enough to be able to distinguish if it was a truck or not. I'm going to listen the same time tonight to see if I hear it again.

At a distance it has a humm at the same Hz you are describing. But what im saying is, Those frequencies go up as the craft gets closer. And the closer it is, the more prominent that Shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh sound is. The thing has to be like 50-75 ft away tho roughly for you to even notice. Otherwise it just sounds like a dull buzzing sound similar to an airconditioner- A passing car in the distance only the sound continues- and an idol desel Engine. Tho the sound will change depending on it's distance or if the object is moving.

It's hard to describe because its an Unearthly sound and i'm only comparing it to machines and sounds people are familar with.

I did see the saucer up close, Tho when i saw it. I didn't really notice any sound at all. I don't know why it had this phenomenon. But i did hear those sounds when the craft was invisibly stationed above someone's house followed by a Peeeeewwwwwwww sound like a lazer. Tho we did hear a baby crying from inside a house prior to all this, and when the craft finally abducted the baby we heard it screen followed by the Peewwwwwww.

I am probably among a handful of people to witness an abduction. That or it was just some elaborate E.T play

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've heard this before and whatever it was, it jammed my phone signal. I took a train to find signal and got off at the next stop, still no signal and the humming was more apparent. I went straight back home and stayed there. I had never before and never since heard this noise.

I wonder... somebody might be communicating with a Russian submarine skimming the coast.

a reply to: Agnost

Have a look at all of the recordings for the 12th... quite a few of them have a gap shortly before 21:00. That's a bit odd, eh?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Jonwhite866 and bluesma have described what I felt/heard better than I ever could. Thank you OP for bringing this up because I have never met anyone who has experienced it. Theres really no sound like it so it's hard to find a point of reference when explaining it to people, I agree that I could "feel" it in my body too and it didn't seem like it was coming from any direction, it was just all around me and I did get the sense it was from above. It was heavy man and scared the hell out of me and my bro.. I still think about it a lot and that was eight years ago.. If anyone knows or has any idea what the hell that was please help me find some peace of mind

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
At last! A topic I feel able to comment on!

I'm hearing the hum right now! It's at 60Hz and sounds like someone has left their car engine running nearby. I live in Hertfordshire in the UK, in a fairly quiet location and in the middle of the night, the sound is very noticeable. I'm actually convinced that my hum is internal though because, unlike the OP, I can't hear the noise outside - only indoors. It's at its loudest and most annoying if I stand underneath the kitchen doorway which is pretty much the centre of the house. No-one else can hear it. I'm not sure if I'm just extremely sensitive to changes in air pressure or if there are too many RF waves bouncing around in my house. It could be the latter as I banned myself from the PC for a while after hearing the hum non-stop for several months and after about a week I couldn't hear the hum but now I'm back on the PC, I've been hearing it again. So I think it's related somehow.

I also get that high-pitched ringing thing that someone else mentioned earlier and it's not tinnitus. It only happens occasionally and doesn't last long. It starts with a slight change in pressure in my ear (imagine the feeling you get when you've had water in your ear and it finally all evaporates and you get that slight "whoosh" sensation and your hearing improves ever so slightly) and then the ringing sound starts. It goes away after 10 seconds or so but I can make it go quicker if I hum a note that is very discordant to the one I'm hearing. I just put it down to a change in air pressure, which is what makes me wonder if I'm just more susceptible to "hearing" air pressure or something.

I appreciate that this doesn't help the OP, but I thought I'd share my experience and maybe add a new perspective as to why some of us may hear a hum.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I thought "The Hum" was a Detroit thing (or more properly, a Windsor, Ontario thing).

Residents of Windsor, living across the river from the more industrialized southeast Detroit and specifically Zug Island, have been complaining about a mysterious hum for almost ten years now. I haven't been keeping up with my local news lately, but after years of both corporate and public officials either claiming ignorance or denying "The Hum" was even real I believe they narrowed it down to some sort of mining going on in said industrial area. I can't remember, but I believe the hum was either caused by machinery being run on Zug Island or it was coming from the salt mine that lies about a quarter mile below the city's surface.

I'm not sure why "The Hum" was heard in Windsor and not Detroit. It could be that Windsor is generally a quieter area than Detroit (thick with industry and high speed commuters in the southeast), some trick of acoustics involving the Detroit River, or just the fact that local authorities in Detroit had reason to deny the phenomenon's existence while those in Windsor did not.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Velma

Caffiene can cause temporary tinnitus symptoms. That wouldn't explain the low sound, though. If you can't pinpoint it to a specific source (I would suspect electronics or perhaps a flourescent ballast) it could still be something produced in your body, the result of blood or air pressure perhaps.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i'm starting to wonder i it has something to do with (sound - encoded reality matrix vs. light- encoded reality) thingy i read about a few yrs back.the only way i see sound coming from everywhere is if its coming from a higher plane/dimension.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I should make this my signature...

Considering we do not understand the planet we live on, I would say the planet can and does make humming sounds.. It also has tectonic plates that move...

I think our planet makes noises, considering I am pretty sure it is sentient in one sense or another...

Sorry I am just bored, someone please post something of interest.. The planet makes noises...

I have heard the hum, when it is quiet... It can also be tinnitus if we really wanna get skeptical..

edit on b502015-03-31T20:50:49-05:00America/Chicago33176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I live in Northern CA, Lake County to be exact, and we have the hum. I noticed it about 5 years ago. The way I noticed it was when it stopped. It was all of a sudden very quiet and calm. I've only ever noticed it at night. I live in a very rural area. I thought maybe it could be the pump on the well. Also out our back window is a volcano, Mt. Konocti. There is also Clearlake, the largest natural lake in CA. Also about 10 -15 miles away is Calpine. Calpine is North America's largest producer of renewable geothermal power, an energy source that produces minimal emissions. And by injecting treated recycled water into The Geysers geothermal steam fields in Northern California. Lord knows they create enough earthquakes, although they deny it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Perhaps it's a dynamo. A dynamo hum.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Was just walking the dogs through some farm fields and heard a hum (for lack of a better term.

First heard it as I passed under some high voltage power lines, thought ok they are really pumping some juice.

As I walked away from them back towards my home the hum got more pronounced instead of fading like it normally did. (when the wires were pumping it on other occasions)

It may have been coincidence, atmospheric bounce I don't know, but at the same time a line of storms was coming towards me (no visible lightning and no thunder)started as rain and turned to hail as the hum peaked in sound before fading.

I don't know..make of it what you will.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Has anyone considered this with wire fences and power lines?
Aeolian Harp

Harp sound

Air moving over a taunt line will make it vibrate and hum.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Blackfinger because: added link

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
don't think so.The hum is omnidirectional ,its difficult to pinpoint exactly where it coming from.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jonwhite866

I have heard its due to magentic shifts due to the upcoming
geomagnetic reversal.

That is why its being heard worldwide.

Apparently the inner core spins at a different rate then
the outer core, and the magnetic changes may be
causing the low frequency sounds similar to the system
the US navy uses to make low freq sounds that travel
long distances as well.

My first post mentioning Geomagnetic Reversal on this
site was about 8 years ago.

Geomagnetic Reversal

ELF comm system

VLF comm system

My major concern is a major increase in volcanic activity due to this.

It may be, however, that the ends of superchrons have caused vigorous convection leading to widespread volcanism, and that the subsequent airborne ash caused extinctions.[46]

Thou its suppose to see a shift of the north pole to near the equator before
the full magnetic flip, but the pole isn't moving that fast.

Some also think when the field is at its low point radiation on the earth
will be quite a bit higher.

edit on 8-4-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Perhaps it's a dynamo. A dynamo hum.

Yeah funny enough the inner core is a giant magnetic dynamo.

Good guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join