It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISIS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Undo, you know you are right, after all this is what happen when the God all mighty is given human traits by the humans that created him.

edit on 5-3-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch
I realize you have your hands full with the other repsonses, so I'll keep this short.

Sadly there are many ignorant Christians around, not as many ignorant Christians as atheists though.

Any atheist could say this same sentence in reverse. This is coming from your faith. Not from truth.

read carefully, Gods justice.

You and the bible may agree his wrath is justified, but the bible states "wrath of god", at least 5 times in the book of Revelation, and several more throughout the new testament.

I will continue praying Christs return, if you are right you have nothing to fear, if you are right?

You've been around here long enough to know my background in Christianity. I know what the bible says about the "end times". I've read and studied the whole bible more times than I can count. There's a reason after almost 30 years of faith, I am an atheist/agnostic, and no longer a Christian. The truth became more important to me than being right.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Say what you will, but the old testament represents the savage reality that some had to go through, where the whole theory about Jesus being alive and dying was to open the gate of Heaven in the christian faith. All in all, it heavily relates to Sun worship.

With the Old testament, there was no heaven, only hell.

Also, there still a many good debate as to the actual story of Jesus went, and Jesus wasn't around when they made the New Testament 300 years later. Even the story of Moses is still in debate.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There's a theory that's been making the rounds for a while that the Antichrist and Islam's awaited Mahdi are one in the same. It's interesting because Muslims believe Jesus will return with the Mahdi to instruct Christians to convert to Islam because he really isn't The Son and the Trinity doesn't exist.

Some say project Blue Beam will aid in staging a holographic second coming and that this will be the "Strong Delusion" of which the bible forewarns.

That episode of TNG is interesting. If I recall correctly didn't the cloned Kahless even think himself to be the actual Kahless. That would be truly diabolical to convince someone they were literally Christ returned. They used to convince (with drugs) the Hashashins that they had visited paradise and of the necessity of martyrdom to make it back.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I wonder how much longer it'll be until some con man comes forward with some robes pretending to be Jesus...

I would imagine that for some fundamentalists, it wouldn't be hard to con them -- seeing as they already want to believe so badly in Christ's return.

it's gonna be rough, as many christians, myself included are kinda wary of any sudden messiahs showing up. you know you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water, but you also don't want to be supporting something evil.

Undo. Did I understand you correctly, that you believe Jesus and Enki are likely the same person?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Undo, you know you are right, after all this is what happen when the God all mighty is given human traits by the humans that created him.

hi there, been meaning to say hi for awhile. if you look at the sumerian texts, which predate the written torah, you can see where this data comes from and how it unfolds into the texts that follow the pentateuch (first five books of the old testament/torah). here's a recap:

there are 3 main sumerian gods: anu, enlil and enki-ea. enlil is like a military commander and he holds the title of ownership of the earth. like a piece of galactic real estate. he's a hard nose.

enki-ea creates the adam race, males and females, by using his dna and the dna of several female "goddesses" (i'm thinking these were pre-catacylsmic elohim (plural word) , who were of various racial origins). these clones are employed with the task of mining resources, such as gold, and re-establishing the lifeforms (the adam names all the creatures, etc) on the planet, re-planting (gardening) and so on. they are over worked to the point they literally stage a strike. and threaten to topple enlil's military base at nibru (a city on the euphrates). without workers, the entire production stops, the mining stops, the building stops, re-terraforming comes to a screeching halt.

since enki-ea created the adam, enlil calls on him to solve the problem using his medical knowledge. but enki-ea is elsewhere and has to travel back to solve it. his solution is to give the adam males and females the ability to procreate (tree of knowledge), instead of being recreated by cloning, which provides a never ending supply of workers for enlil, solving the problem and making the entire project a hands free venture.

enlil, however, hates the result as he is a big environmentalist and realizes that elohim clones (who have full body regen) with the ability to procreate, will present an overpopulation problem in short order . not only that, but procreative ability includes the necessary hormones for survival of the fittest which makes the eternal, procreative adam clones a particularly difficult group to control, so he takes the issue to the divine court and demands that enki be forced to at least, turn off full body regen.

this part of the story is touched upon in the text where the adapa (adam) is invited to a dinner where he will be given eternal foods and eternal drinks, giving him immortality, and enki tells him not to accept the food and drink. the story is there, but it's kinda mangled. let's just say it's the same thing as the "don't eat from the tree of ..." verses. in the biblical account, you see where enlil is before the divine council saying "we need to block their eternal dna!" (tree of life), paraphrased, of course. i'd look up the verse, but i'm sure you've seen it before.

now enlil, he no like humans and since this was his planet, he decrees all kinds of not so nice things on enki's creation, including a massive flood, the debt of "sin" (which is really just about procreation and the necessary hormones to support it) and blood sacrifices.

enki's solution to enlil's abuse of the human race, is seen in the life of jesus.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: undo

I wonder how much longer it'll be until some con man comes forward with some robes pretending to be Jesus...

I would imagine that for some fundamentalists, it wouldn't be hard to con them -- seeing as they already want to believe so badly in Christ's return.

it's gonna be rough, as many christians, myself included are kinda wary of any sudden messiahs showing up. you know you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water, but you also don't want to be supporting something evil.

Undo. Did I understand you correctly, that you believe Jesus and Enki are likely the same person?

yeah.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ketsuko

I find it reprehensible in letting things get progressively worse because you think some divine savior will save you. Meanwhile, your inactions contribute to society's overall degregation. If Armageddon wishers focused their energy towards IMPROVING the planet instead of looking for signs of prophecy, things maybe could get better. The bible already says that no one, not even angels, will know when the end times are, so what's the point of wasting energy looking?

Oh, please!

Just living a good life is sufficient to work toward a better world. If enough of us did it, then the world would be a better place.

If you think the world is getting worse, then there must be too many people who figure it's not worth the better of living a good life. Isn't that what you athiests say - I'm a good person? Well if you are all as good as you claim, the you would be working toward a better world too, like most of us are, and we would be seeing results, surely.

As a parent, I have a vested interest in leaving things better than I found them. What about you?
edit on 5-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
you know ALOT OF DATA is missing from the biblical account when you realize the implications of this verse

Genesis 2: 10-12
“Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four river-heads. The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which encompasses the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. And the gold of that land is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there.

now why in the sam hill is the text saying "there's gold there and it's good gold" ? in the second chapter of the whole bible!

hello there. what do we have here!
edit on 5-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Materialistic greed put in the form of a spiritual reward for dying?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Materialistic greed put in the form of a spiritual reward for dying?

evidence of a slave species known as homo sapiens, who were originally cloned in the image of elohim, to mine, garden, plant, dig, build, etc . waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the second chapter of the entire bible. we're talking 1000s of years ago.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You mean a 1000 years ago, where it was a thousands year after Jesus who had nothing to do with Genesis, or prophesying revelations that people were believed to have believed that it was the end times then?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I mean, you've got a TON of people already willing to believe in the return of Jesus. It wouldn't really be that hard to convince a ton of people that some fake is the messiah. People will believe what they want to believe, especially if their religious pastor tells them its the truth. Some may doubt it, but the prospect of being disowned by their congregation will probably make them fall in line.

I don't understand why no one's done this...I mean, the potential is huge. A few faked DNA tests, maybe some kind of high-tech laser/holograph show, a few faked miracles, some really good globally televised sermons.

It's totally doable in today's world.

Who wants to get a crowdfunding project for this idea going?

edit on 5-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

We need a Jebus lookalikey...
Joe from NLBS he will do.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Wow! Talk about "back-pedaling" - aren't you one of the members who insisted that no matter what humans do, it will all be up to "Jesus" when he comes back? And that most of us are damned to hell?

You remind me of a former contributor who insisted that there was no point in being altruistic or following the suggestions of Jesus - because "these days" are coming to an end? And therefore accumulating wealth is a-okay and it's FINE to do it without remorse or second thought to those lacking? I mean - it's "your" money, right? Screw them - not your prob.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, please.

You have always insisted that there should be no compulsion to share the wealth - that it has to be "voluntary" - and yet, you sit idly by while thousands upon thousands of people DIE every day because they don't have adequate sustenance. Because it isn't "required" of you - you don't do it -- and you would fight it tooth and nail if it WAS required of you.

Oh - wait - I get it! If they say "Pay this 'tithe' for the poor", but it doesn't come from your pious conscience -- and instead it's coming from (and under the auspices of) the government (a tax) - then - according to YOU, it is "stealing". Do you not realize how many people in this country don't pay ANY attention to this crap - and they are starving and homeless and pushing around shopping carts full of their meager belongings, with nowhere to sleep?

Are you aware of how many of your type couldn't care LESS about those less fortunate than themselves? Yet you come on here all high and mighty about how "it should be voluntary" .....

Well - how about this: Tell your "Christian" friends that you and they have been wrong - that it IS REQUIRED to share your wealth. You can get your panties all in a twist if you want - but the fact is that there NEEDS TO BE a redistribution of the world's wealth. NOW. Not in 50 years, not in 200 years. NOW -- So others can.....

can......

LIVE.

edit on 3/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

You mean a 1000 years ago, where it was a thousands year after Jesus who had nothing to do with Genesis, or prophesying revelations that people were believed to have believed that it was the end times then?

oddly enough, there's evidence in revelation that is only understandable if you read sumerian texts. since sumer was buried under 8 ft of flood silt from the black sea flood, the texts were not available for something like 5000 years.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I mean, you've got a TON of people already willing to believe in the return of Jesus. It wouldn't really be that hard to convince a ton of people that some fake is the messiah. People will believe what they want to believe, especially if their religious pastor tells them its the truth. Some may doubt it, but the prospect of being disowned by their congregation will probably make them fall in line.

I don't understand why no one's done this...I mean, the potential is huge. A few faked DNA tests, maybe some kind of high-tech laser/holograph show, a few faked miracles, some really good globally televised sermons.

It's totally doable in today's world.

Who wants to get a crowdfunding project for this idea going?

there's actually christian eschatology on this subject and it sounds almost word for word of what you just said. they believe such an appearance would be the antichrist, not jesus. like i said, that would be rough

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Isn't that what you athiests say - I'm a good person? Well if you are all as good as you claim, the you would be working toward a better world too, like most of us are, and we would be seeing results, surely.

First of all, KrazyShot is NOT an atheist (and neither am I).

And WE ARE NOT the people saying: "it's not the getting pregnant - it's the having sex that is the sin."

Good gawd, woman.
Maybe you're growing, I don't know --- but it smells all moldy to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

They are already out there. There is one in Russian - Sergey Anatolyevitch Torop (Russian: Серге́й Анатольевич Тороп, Sergej Anatolʹevič Torop; born January 14, 1961 in Krasnodar, Russian SFSR)

There is one in Mexico who says he is the reincarnated Jesus Christ and has thousands of followers.

There are many out there.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I love it, you know that in order for common men to understand bible accounts it was in the best interest of those in "divine charge" to redact the bible in a simplistic way and for the benefits of the church.

People will get lost in your interpretation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join