It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISIS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

because the title of this thread does not contain any of the annotations you would like it too to justify

Correct. It doesn't suggest how many. Whether a few, or all.

That's why I also used the OP. Something I typically do, instead of relying on a title alone to ascertain the threads meaning and intent. Apparently you take another approach. Agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

His title said 'Christians', it didn't say all Christians.

His OP further qualifies it by saying "So if you are a fundy christian"..

Sounds to me like you actually agree with the OP with your mention of Westborough as they obviously represent fundamentalists.

westborough are a bunch of lawyers, trolling people who they then sue for libel and so forth.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I wish I hadn't read this topic.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

There are times, self admittingly I can get hung up on words alone. I guess in this new "utopian" society we are creating for ourselves where political correctness rules the day and being able to openly identify and act however we wish is embraced by the general public, I am annoyed by the seemingly escalating attack on religion that I perceive.

Seems to me in many personal instances here on the boards and in real life to be blatant hypocrisy which I absolutely can not stand. These are my feelings and while yours may differ, I still respect you opinion and your response.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well as an antitheist I no doubt qualify as an attacker of religion. So we probably come from diametrically opposing positions on whether that is a good or bad thing? That said, I try to attack beliefs and not people, and I also try to be genuine towards what a particular Christian is saying they themselves believe. I try to avoid sweeping generalizations as I a more than cognizant of the fact there are many denominations under most religions, all with differing interpretations. Some much more damaging than others.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Religion is there to be mocked and it should be mocked at every opportunity.

Don't like it? tough...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Very simple in this time I age no everybody does reading and research in ancient history most just will go by what the bible tells them as the truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Well as an antitheist I no doubt qualify as an attacker of religion. So we probably come from diametrically opposing positions on whether that is a good or bad thing? That said, I try to attack beliefs and not people, and I also try to be genuine towards what a particular Christian is saying they themselves believe. I try to avoid sweeping generalizations as I a more than cognizant of the fact there are many denominations under most religions, all with differing interpretations. Some much more damaging than others.

I appreciate that because although I am Christian I have been effectively shunned by many in my own family who are mostly Baptists because of my "fringe" beliefs that meld science with religion. It's a real thing for me, not "made up" outrage that is so prevalent in todays society.

My religion and the religion I share with others I know comes with an open mind, open ideals and is NEVER absolute in anything which leaves me with open ended choices to follow my conscious and my heart when it matters most and I use my religious beliefs to be a better person for myself and those around me.

This in my mind is the evolving and contemporary Christian, also in those that I know and associate with. As for the others, well, I can't speak for them but while they claim my denomination, I do not share their opinions, values, morals nor most personal beliefs.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Religion is there to be mocked and it should be mocked at every opportunity.

Don't like it? tough...

If you think religion lies in the texts of a book, then feel free to mock it all you would like. I take no issue in what you enjoy to degrade. Everyone in this life is free to do as they choose and you will not draw any ire from me for doing it.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
ISIS..a self fulfilling prophecy? perhaps
i personally do not believe in religion, i think its a manipulation.
its a club that strives for more members, our god is better than theirs.
if you dont believe our god is better...wait till you die..oh, the horrors!
im more inclined to believe in the Anunnaki...seriously.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

Aloysius the Gaul: Meanwhile in the U.S., Franklin Graham, son of iconic evangelist Billy Graham, is finding a massive response among American Christians with the announcement that ISIS has triggered biblical Armageddon and the triumph of Christianity. One of his Facebook posts on the matter has already received nearly 150,000 likes and over 40,000 shares:
A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISISSo if you are a fundy christian then even the cloud of ISIS has a silver lining - it is heralding the apocalypse - for which you are apparently supposed to be grateful!!
The implications would be comical if not so barbarous - can you imagine fundy christians funding (sic) ISIS to ensure they are not defeated??
To be honest I can imagine it.....nothing about the new theocracy seems too extreme any more!!

So; FINALLY humans are REBELLING against a recalcitrant god that refuses to show itself (of course it does is everywhere) so manifests in anger against THEMSELVES and are blindly, egotistically taking on the "mantle" or trappings of a "GOD LIKE NESS" (believing themselves to be the ultimate redeemers or destroyers OF EVERYTHING). What gives them the right to do so? (whispering) Something else is in charge of this Earth Movie Extravaganza production site, including its executive producers; and its not the minimum wage "extras" hired to fill in the background.
edit on 5-3-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Oh believe me you tell us christians that armegedon has started your rigth..........................we are thrilled
and if you dont know why then i cant tell you................................

ok yes i can ................King Jesus is coming baby !

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Tangerine

Evidence in Revelation? Evidence has to be testable. How is it testable? Don't you really mean unsubstantiated claims?

in the case of ancient texts, the evidence is the texts themselves. for example: evidence suggests that seti the first built the temple at abydos. we know this because of hieroglyphic texts not because we were actually present. it helps if it is further corroborated by people who visited those locations during ancient times, as well, such as plato or his contemporaries, because their accounts tend to be closer to the events discussed and therefore, help to verify.

Let's start by you stating the specific claim made in Revelation that you think is fact. We can go from there.

my claim is a theory based on evidence, such as the abzu of enki, which is the abyss, which is the bottomless pit in revelation. chapter 9 of revelation takes place in iraq. the angels "bound" in the euphrates are bound in the bottomless pit, which apparently, is under the euphrates. however, since ancient sumer, the euphrates has laid down an additional 65miles of silt deposition out into the persian gulf, so originally, the abyss would've been in the persian gulf and is now covered somewhere under that 65 miles of new shoreline, over which the euphrates itself is flowing.

an assyriologist named samuel noah kramer, the first to translate the sumerian cuneiforms, translated one of the cuneiform cylinder seals in which enki raises his e.abzu temple up from the abyss, which he uses interchangeably with abzu (iotw, the abzu is the abyss, which is the bottomless pit).

So you're saying the bottomless pit in Revelation is a specific not bottomless pit in Iraq? "Apparently under" is not actually under. "Covered somewhere" is not an exact location.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

ETA: they are a small segment of Christianity anyway, not really enough of them to do any damage.

This is the same lazy and apologetic attitude many use to dismiss ISIS. Do you realize that?

Oh pleeeze. When the fundies start chopping people's heads off; we can talk.

Until then, Pfffft.

Is there a fundamental difference between ISIS chopping off heads and Christians fundies dropping bombs?

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Oh believe me you tell us christians that armegedon has started your rigth..........................we are thrilled
and if you dont know why then i cant tell you................................

ok yes i can ................King Jesus is coming baby !

I just do not know why atheists seem to think that they need to always put their apathetic points of view on every religious post.... It all really just comes down to having faith of lack of...there really isn't much to debate.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

ETA: they are a small segment of Christianity anyway, not really enough of them to do any damage.

This is the same lazy and apologetic attitude many use to dismiss ISIS. Do you realize that?

Oh pleeeze. When the fundies start chopping people's heads off; we can talk.

Until then, Pfffft.

Is there a fundamental difference between ISIS chopping off heads and Christians fundies dropping bombs?

When did Christian fundies drop bombs?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Were you sleeping during the "Shock and Awe" of the "Liberation" of the Iraqi people, that God told George Bush to do?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

-didnt you know we are all jet fighters lol
people just be happy Jesus is coming back for Gods sake no joke

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Whatever me and georgie boy dont have the same god i assure you...................
his god is evil it scares me
edit on 5-3-2015 by sweets777 because: mis type

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Were you sleeping during the "Shock and Awe" of the "Liberation" of the Iraqi people, that God told George Bush to do?

I was "Shocking and Aweing" where were you. Old George was pissed off that Saddam tried to off his father...not much religion involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join