It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by mOjOm removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I'm sure better than the idiots who would welcome the end of the world due to their religion.
I happen to think humanity is doing a lot better than before, I see the good in the world when some can only see the bad.
Your religion is a death cult, any religion which must attempt to scare people and to attempt to say it will all end but you will be saved because you are in the right club is not good for humanity.
The OP proves your club and some of its followers just want to end it all on the basis of their faith.
Again If it happens you and others will lose it because Jesus isn;t coming to save you.
Some folk can't grow up past the bogeyman and think they will be rewarded for being not a good person but just being in the right club.
So folks just make sure you don't vote religious nuts into power....they want to end it all.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Not a coincidence how Isis and many "christians" are praying for the same "Jesus" to return - the destroyer. Not the "Prince of Peace" Jesus who is "The Healer" but the Jesus opposite to him - the destroyer.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I dont get it either, most people are expected to die in horrible ways during the apocalypse. Most are then expected to go to hell.
Then if you do survive you get to live under a dictatorship of men.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I don't know what it's going to take before people wake up to the reality that Christian theocrats are dangerous. Rejoicing in ISIS is a step toward acting like ISIS: a big step toward it.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I've got to be honest here,

I think borntowatch's perspective has been skewed into something it isn't and a viewpoint he never meant to represent. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Yes because a handful of people is a direct reflection of the views of 2 billion...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Tangerine

Yes because a handful of people is a direct reflection of the views of 2 billion...

It only takes a relatively small number of people to initiate significant and horrific changes. I refer you to history.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: boymonkey74

What if you are wrong and your lot rejoicing Armageddon is a massive mistake.
You lot are willing to bet on the human race because you think you are all right?.
This is why we should not let any religious nut who think like this in power.
People like this want it to happen...just to prove their club is right.
When the bombs drop and your Christ doesn't turn up we will put you against the wall.

Easy there cowboy, dont get in a tizz.

If I am wrong then I get...what everyone else gets, bombed and or put up against a wall.
But at least it wont be me putting people up against a wall.

I wont bet on the human race I have read history.

Just remember some non religious nuts in power started stuff like this, I see many fundamental atheists who are just as evil.
Even what you say makes me think you want to pull the trigger. Understand hypocrisy at all.

You're not kidding. He's not even hiding it. Liam Stalin at your service. No more Je suis Charlie monkey boy?

The zionists pull this armageddon skit stuff out before every election. The zion-in-blackface thing is a lame duck now and every local election is being peppered with zionist kontrol katch phrases which feature isis and how even the area candidates are going to deal with it. This is designed to keep Sheriff Joe busy, any and all of 'em. I don't think the masses are buying it because they learned that hearing lies even intermittently slays discernment, but the fundy who operates my spine certainly does. Nautrlich. Isis this isis that.

Sure thing. That and sandy hook. And the Boy Who Returned from Heaven. All the same to me. Manufactured because their evil lust for power knows no bounds. Divide and conquer. Looks like we have an early volunteer to do the wet work for when the party's over, and civilization strives for 'perfection'. Because if there is one thing zion despises, it is God. Even the very concept of it.

Stick with what's in vogue monkey boy you'll see more cleavage and gather a lot more skirts that way. And, I see you've warmed up to firearms, how lovely. May I suggest that you specialize in looting the evil rich? Genocide will only make you lose your dimples and you wouldn't want that. Whichever way the wind blows is it. Thanks for the warning. But you'll see to regret it.

# 375
edit on 5-3-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

Meanwhile in the U.S., Franklin Graham, son of iconic evangelist Billy Graham, is finding a massive response among American Christians with the announcement that ISIS has triggered biblical Armageddon and the triumph of Christianity. One of his Facebook posts on the matter has already received nearly 150,000 likes and over 40,000 shares:

A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISIS

So if you are a fundy christian then even the cloud of ISIS has a silver lining - it is heralding the apocalypse - for which you are apparently supposed to be grateful!!

The implications would be comical if not so barbarous - can you imagine fundy christians funding (sic) ISIS to ensure they are not defeated??

To be honest I can imagine it.....nothing about the new theocracy seems too extreme any more!!

I am a Christian "Fundamentalist" and I do not agree with you or with Franklin Graham. You know what I dislike about "you haters" ........ a few Christians make a stupid statement and then you judge all Christians based upon a few idiots.

This is one of the major problems with religion threads ...... haters like you who enjoy spreading hate. Oh how the "haters" love to talk about how this religion or that one "hates" but you know what? You want to see something hateful and dreadful? Then take a look into a mirror.

You whiners whine longer and louder than my 3 year old grandson.

This thread is nothing more than trolling through ATS.......

edit on 5-3-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Looking forward to the return of the Lord, and "rejoicing" in the death, torture and destruction of Mankind, are two different and distinct things.

Christians, true Christians, will mourn the loss of loved ones during the Apocalypse, just like everyone else. They do, however, have the end of all suffering, and injustice on Earth to look forward to, as well as eternal life alongside their risen Lord and Savior.

It's really not that difficult to understand.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

You said you welcome the apocalypse, in other words the destruction of humanity and the world . You don't care if people die, you welcome it because you believe you are going to heaven. Sounds pretty arrogant and lacking love to me.

Sounds exactly like the beliefs of ISIS, who think that when they die they'll be "martyrs" and get a whole gang of virgins to f**k.

The OP seems to be being proven absolutely right by this expressed attitude. This is the combining of two death cults, and while one might not be as extreme as the other, they seem to have a hell of a lot in common.

When people believe so irrationally that death brings about some kind of reward, they need to be on a watch list.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Looks like the fundamentalists of both worlds have found a mutuality through craziness. It's amazing how these two religions hate each other SO much yet have SO much in common.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Is interesting that every time something build ups in the middle east that causes chaos, the end of times doomsdays believers will salivate in anticipation for the beginning of Armageddon.

Sadly they don't care about the death of the innocent but the satisfaction that their coming end of days will bring.

The irony, I only see it as a twisted way of thinking, Armageddon is not real and the end of times is just a fallacy propped by the early church to keep the populations fearful and faithful.

edit on 5-3-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If we're wrong then we just die.

If we're right, then we go on.

Either way, hope will carry us through and we don't have to live in fear of what comes. And that holds true no matter what we're talking about.

And if you think we "rejoice" at the idea of Armageddon, you haven't been paying attention. If we rejoice about anything related to that time, it would be the prospect of the return of Christ and seeing Him in the flesh. The rest of it no sane person rejoices in. It means a lot of death and destruction rained down on all, and it is only our faith that will carry us through, one way or the other.

To say that anyone rejoices is the wrong wording and a twisting. More like we are preparing because we know we will have to be very strong, and many of us, many of who say we believe, will not make it through. It's a scary time and horrible, and death is the least of the dangers anyone faces. But at the end of it all the light of Christ and that hope shines to us. That's what we cling to, just as we cling to that hope everyday even if we don't think the world is ending.

edit on 5-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I find it reprehensible in letting things get progressively worse because you think some divine savior will save you. Meanwhile, your inactions contribute to society's overall degregation. If Armageddon wishers focused their energy towards IMPROVING the planet instead of looking for signs of prophecy, things maybe could get better. The bible already says that no one, not even angels, will know when the end times are, so what's the point of wasting energy looking?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Who is funding IS, did you say Christians are?
I cant find the link or report.
I would be interested to see it.

Maybe it's a cultural thing...American vs Aussie slang? Nobody stated nor did they imply Christians were funding IS/ISIL/ISIS etc... the comment made was concerning FUNDY(short hand for fundamental) Christians...it wasn't an implication of Christians financing IS. Though some of the more extreme fundamentalists in America are pretty much on the same page in regards to shared goals w/ IS(/ISIL/ISIS... whatever this months media meme for them is...). Just substitute God or Jesus for Allah and the story is the same, goals are the same. but I digress...there was not an indictment of Christians financing them as you misinterpreted.

Also as an atheist , they have no hope in an afterlife, Christians have every hope in God there is a difference.

Who are the atheists in this equation? IS? Just trying to clarify your point here. If I'm misunderstanding your intention, by all means...show me the light. But what it appears you are implying is that anyone who is not a Christian is an Atheist which is just complete malarkey at best. Anyone who believes in a deity, whether its competing with your preferred deity or not, is a Theist. You can't believe in Yahweh, Allah or any non-Abrahamic deity and be an Atheist. An Atheist completely rejects all notions of a higher power. And there are, in my personal experience, far more Agnostics than there are pure Atheists. Just trying to clarify some distinctions here. And again, if I'm misinterpreting you I apologize. I am just trying to understand the crux of your point.

Christians dont value their lives like atheists do, our hope is not here, its not this life.

Most of my Christian friends would strongly disagree with you. It is a fairly small minority who possess that level of devotion to the cross that they feel no attachment to this life and eagerly await the opportunity to transcend. It just comes off as disingenuous to paint nearly 1.5 bn people with the same broad brush stroke IMO.

and yes we do welcome the apocalypse, the return of Jesus, justice, redemption and peace. Its sad some haven't chosen a relationship with God but thats a choice.

I always find it interesting just how much some peoples faith hinges on one book of the NT and ignores entirely the Gospels and Paul's Epistles in favor of destructionist propaganda. While there are certainly some epistolary aspects of Revelations, it is by and large a prophetic and apocalyptic tome would you not agree?

The cloud doesnt have a silver lining, it has the promise of God, just because this life is all you have that doesnt mean we all have to be like you.

Nor does it actually mean that every follower of Christ's teachings latch onto and run with your own personal variety of Christianity which is a pretty tiny minority. Granted, I don't know the specifics of your personal faith or denomination so all I have to go by is your posting history and our personal interactions but they do not seem to represent Christianity as a whole no matter how broad a brush stroke you opt for.

Oh...was the first line of this quote a Freudian slip? "This cloud doesn't have a silver lining, it has the promise of god". I would think that for you at least...the promise of God WAS the silver lining.

One thing to keep in mind too is that when waiting around for the fulfillment of prophecy, many religious folks like to fit prophecy to current events and as a result of this practice, it's rather easy to convince the more naïve members of ones flock that it is certainly true despite having to fudge the numbers a little to make it work. I've seen the "End Times" proclaimed countless times since I was a kid and I'm sure I'll see it even more before I draw my last breath.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Christians will deny it, but they love the idea of the Apocalypse and the end of all we know, it means their ticket has been cashed in and they're on their way to heaven, damn anyone who suffers here and after in hell.

Disgusting. The mindset of the second coming has been a plague on mankind, making us complacent because someone is going to come fix it for us. Reality check, only WE can fix it! Not some guy riding on a cloud coming back god knows when. How long have people been sitting on their hands waiting for Jesus to fix everything for them? It's the long con, generations in the making. Jesus isn't coming back, that's a story made up by those in power to make you wait on something that will never come!

Wake up people. you're playing right into their hands!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Christians will tell you their hope is in the return of Christ, not in Armageddon. But in order for Christ to return, not only do billions of people have to die, but the earth will be nearly destroyed. All courtesy of the wrath of "god almighty". That's right. God himself will set the death and destruction in motion. Read the book of Revelations if you haven't yet. It's all spelled out.

So to hope for the return of Christ, IS to hope for the murder of billions of people, and the destruction of the earth to the point it cannot sustain the inhabitants that are left alive.

All because Jesus loves his own. The rest of us can die and go to hell.
edit on 3/5/2015 by Klassified because: redaction

edit on 3/5/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The propaganda war machine is revving up. The next step is a major false flag attack leaving no one with a doubt to rain hell upon any civilization TPTB point their finger at and most Americans will be like salivating animals demanding nuke them kill them torture them!
edit on 5-3-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join