It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISIS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Your views make me physically sick. You have absolutely no compassion for anyone except for those part of your little club. People like you are the reason the world is in the shape it's in today. Deny it all you want but people looking forward to the end times have been the main pawns in the destruction and suffering in our world, even today. Your beliefs are a #ing disease and make me sick. Your reasoning is morbid and disgusting.
edit on 3/5/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Christians will tell you their hope is in the return of Christ, not in Armageddon. But in order for Christ to return, not only do billions of people have to die, but the earth will be nearly destroyed. All courtesy of the wrath of "god almighty". That's right. God himself will set the death and destruction in motion. Read the book of Revelations if haven't yet. It's all spelled out.

So to hope for the return of Christ, IS to hope for the murder of billions of people, and the destruction of the earth to the point it cannot sustain the inhabitants that are left alive.

All because Jesus loves his own. The rest of us can die and go to hell.

Pretty to close to what is planned. There will be war, a very bad one, many will die, bad enough that atheists will cry aloud, help us GOD! then the messiah appears , sides with Israel, speaks for Israel and brings peace. They will claim that this peace bringer is the messiah when he is a creation. The world church will be in Israel but all these things are planned for after the bloodshed.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: arpgme

You said you welcome the apocalypse, in other words the destruction of humanity and the world . You don't care if people die, you welcome it because you believe you are going to heaven. Sounds pretty arrogant and lacking love to me.

Yes of course I welcome the return of Christ.
If I say the lords Prayer I ask Gods Kingdom to come and His will be done.
It would be hypocritical to say otherwise.

I am not asking for God to return as a destroyer but as a liberator and its not just for me, its a desire for world peace, that will only happen through Jesus and His return.

Are you a Christian?

God is a joke, he is not real, Jesus is not real, you're taking fairy tales too seriously. Stop endangering our lives becuase you can't seperate fiction from reality. That's a trait common in children and schizophrenics. I have an idea, go to the middle east and duke it out with isis... to the winner go the spoils.. but after make sure to leave us rational civilized folks alone. Let us have some oil if you are lucky enough to both win and survive. Or is that unlucky in your twisted mind?
edit on 5-3-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

I don't care how bad a war gets, human actions aren't going to make me turn to god. Humans have done some pretty damn awful things to other humans throughout the wars in history. If those wars haven't turned believers out of everyone, then your claims are ridiculous.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't care how bad a war gets, human actions aren't going to make me turn to god. Humans have done some pretty damn awful things to other humans throughout the wars in history. If those wars haven't turned believers out of everyone, then your claims are ridiculous.

I am sorry to say this then to you that a day will come where you will plead with your version of god. It is inevitable. You can spend your days finding reasons why your version of god doesnt exist but a day will come where you will try to reason with your version and then when no 'sign' or change occurs you claim "See there is no God".

Such ignorance I welcome as it shows me in contrast that I am on a narrow path and my works are just.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Are you a Christian?

God is a joke, he is not real, Jesus is not real, you're taking fairy tales too seriously. Stop endangering our lives becuase you can't seperate fiction from reality. That's a trait common in children and schizophrenics. I have an idea, go to the middle east and duke it out with isis... to the winner go the spoils.. but after make sure to leave us rational civilized folks alone. Let us have some oil if you are lucky enough to both win and survive. Or is that unlucky in your twisted mind?

If I had your mind and saw the world through that narrow vision, I too would declare such absurdities

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

My version of god? I don't have a version of god. I'm an agnostic. How can I have a version of god when I find all answers for god equally likely? Perhaps you mean YOUR version of god?
edit on 5-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Unsettling and barbarous.

Yeppers.

F&S&

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Crazy Christians are all for the end of days and the return of the J man, they don't care how it gets there as long as it gets there.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I want to speak my 'truth' here, as a Christian. I believe there are a group of Christians, perhaps these fundamentals who are actually some kind of CULT, just as so many segments of Islam are.

I would ask in all this vileness that the two be separated. In no way are actual Christians absurd enough to believe they can somehow manipulate what God chooses to do, or force his hand, by starting wars and all the crap we see now.

Also bear in mind, that many of us see the book of Revelations as written in symbols (IT WAS A DREAM), and not all that crap is going to happen anyway.

I don't come to ATS to read about religion, it's not necessary for me to gain any kind of 'nod' here from anyone. Don't give a rat's ass, so I won't be hanging around on this thread.

Just wanted you Christian gang-busters to bear in mind that it is a small segment of those with cultish traits, who believe they have the "Power" to force the hand of God. Most of us don't. WE know those folks are weird, and we leave them alone. Honestly, you can literally spot them in a crowd. Yes, they are that different.

Just remember to separate the two.

ETA: they are a small segment of Christianity anyway, not really enough of them to do any damage.

edit on 3/5/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This. This is the end result of all those slappers back in the olden times promising people a happy, blissful, eternal life after they die. This is the end result of the ultimate wish fulfillment. Thousands of years of turmoil, death, and destruction, and now people praying for the end of humanity (in an era where we ourselves have the capability to bring that about) so that they can move on to heaven and leave all those dirty other people behind.

Congratulations, religion. Well done.

EVERY RELIGION that believes in an afterlife is a death cult. EVERY RELIGION that think that they and they alone will be rewarded after death is no different than Heaven's Gate. It's pure insanity, and I thank the lucky stars every day that humanity is trying slowly but surely to do away with it. I only hope we can get there without exploding the hell out of ourselves first.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm quite sure the majority of the 2 billion Christians on the planet are NOT rejoicing that Islamic fundies are beheading Christians, or non-Christians, or anyone else.

But feel free to judge people you don't know if it makes your personal beliefs on God feel better.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting
Somewhere between 1/3 and almost 1/2 of America's Christian population identify themselves as "evangelical". Meaning they take the bible literally, and Revelations literally. That's a large number of fundamentalist slanted Christians. If you were to talk to any of these folks, they would tell you that forcing the hand of "God" is not possible. So you correctly state that those who think they can are a very tiny minority of Christians.

But these evangelical Christians still hope and pray for the return of Christ, and are even taught to pray for said return, with full knowledge of the carnage they believe must happen before and when he does. That's a lot of folks cheering on the "wrath of god" on all of us that aren't in the elitist clique. Including any Christians who don't agree with them.

I call that a large enough segment of the Christian population to do some damage. Christian television alone should be enough to convince anyone what segment of the Christian population they are catering to. It certainly isn't those who consider their faith a personal matter, and have no wish to force it on anyone else.

Nothing personal toward you. Just my observation and opinion of what you were addressing.
edit on 3/5/2015 by Klassified because: oops

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

ETA: they are a small segment of Christianity anyway, not really enough of them to do any damage.

This is the same lazy and apologetic attitude many use to dismiss ISIS. Do you realize that?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Isn't there a term or diagnosis for people that wish death and torture upon the worlds population?

psychopath? maniac? lunatic? something like that?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

But these evangelical Christians still hope and pray for the return of Christ, and are even taught to pray for said return, with full knowledge of the carnage they believe must happen before and when he does. That's a lot of folks cheering on the "wrath of god" on all of us that aren't in the elitist clique. Including any Christians who don't agree with them.

Sadly there are many ignorant Christians around, not as many ignorant Christians as atheists though

Christ will return to end it all. End the violence, the evil, the out of control nature of humanity.
Christ steps in when it has become worse than it is now
It is going to get a lot worse, so worse you will run and hide and wish it was over.

Its not bad yet but it will be, even you will wish it over
and its not Gods wrath, its His justice.

read carefully, Gods justice

I will continue praying Christs return, if you are right you have nothing to fear, if you are right?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

Sadly there are many ignorant Christians around, not as many ignorant Christians as atheists though

Christ will return to end it all. End the violence, the evil, the out of control nature of humanity.
Christ steps in when it has become worse than it is now

This right here is another problem: no faith in humanity. How you can live and breathe in this world, as a CHRISTIAN, and call humankind a lost cause is beyond me. What is so bad in your personal experience that would cause you to believe there is no going back? What have you witnessed that means we have passed an arbitrary morality breaking point? Do you walk out your door every day and get riddled with bullet holes, or raped, or eaten? In my experience, the people who think the world is a horrible place are the ones that have been sold a fantasy that they're heading to a better place later.

It is going to get a lot worse, so worse you will run and hide and wish it was over.

Its not bad yet but it will be, even you will wish it over
and its not Gods wrath, its His justice.

read carefully, Gods justice

I will continue praying Christs return, if you are right you have nothing to fear, if you are right?
Here he comes to save the day!
edit on 5-3-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Here's what I love about comments like this...

You know, there's nothing like seeing bias straight out in the open. It truly allows you to see the mind of the person and where they are coming from.

I for one am glad that this person has beliefs. There are times I wish I could wrap myself up in such a warm and comfortable blanket as the one that belief offers. But, that blanket is not available to me. Not at all.

I must say though, I wish that those of you who had these beliefs could comment on such things without such utter and blatant condemnation of those around them who do not share such beliefs.

One of my best friends, no, a brother...is a devout Baptist. He is true to his faith and to his word.

The only comparison I can draw between him, his belief, and the comments made here are that under no circumstances would he ever had made such a comment. Nor one anywhere near close to the mark, either. If you'd ask him about it and why he doesn't say or do such things...he'll tell you...it's not his place.

I love this man.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The funny thing is the Middle East has been oppressed by the West since the beginning of time, it is still being oppressed, is it any wonder why the IS is growing.

What the hell are you talking about? There was no "west" in the beginning of time - not as we know it today.

The Middle East would be just fine if they would enter the 21st century and start cooperating with the rest of the world.

And another thing that really, really bothers me about your stance is that you tout how "Jesus" will 'fix it all' - but YOU will be dead, and you're, like - FINE with that. YOU won't be here to witness the improved circumstances....so what's it to you if people are still here, living their lives, while you're , erm, gone?

edit on 3/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

EVERY RELIGION that believes in an afterlife is a death cult. EVERY RELIGION that think that they and they alone will be rewarded after death is no different than Heaven's Gate. It's pure insanity, and I thank the lucky stars every day that humanity is trying slowly but surely to do away with it. I only hope we can get there without exploding the hell out of ourselves first.

This warranted repeating.
Star, and spot-on.

I think we're definitely near the tipping point - but then again, it may all be orchestrated just to freak everyone out and accept "death" without complaint. I won't go out without a fight. Religion is RIDICULOUS. Spirituality I have no problem with - but organized religion deserves the disdain it is earning now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join