It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISIS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

Meanwhile in the U.S., Franklin Graham, son of iconic evangelist Billy Graham, is finding a massive response among American Christians with the announcement that ISIS has triggered biblical Armageddon and the triumph of Christianity. One of his Facebook posts on the matter has already received nearly 150,000 likes and over 40,000 shares:

A Most Unsettling Trend: Christians Rejoicing in ISIS

So if you are a fundy christian then even the cloud of ISIS has a silver lining - it is heralding the apocalypse - for which you are apparently supposed to be grateful!!

The implications would be comical if not so barbarous - can you imagine fundy christians funding (sic) ISIS to ensure they are not defeated??

To be honest I can imagine it.....nothing about the new theocracy seems too extreme any more!!

I am a Christian "Fundamentalist" and I do not agree with you or with Franklin Graham. You know what I dislike about "you haters" ........ a few Christians make a stupid statement and then you judge all Christians based upon a few idiots.

This is one of the major problems with religion threads ...... haters like you who enjoy spreading hate. Oh how the "haters" love to talk about how this religion or that one "hates" but you know what? You want to see something hateful and dreadful? Then take a look into a mirror.

You whiners whine longer and louder than my 3 year old grandson.

This thread is nothing more than trolling through ATS.......

Wow! everyone should really grow the f up.
I mean, this is the 21st Century!
HOW CAN WE STILL BELIEVE IN GOD OR ANY OF THIS CHILDISH NONSENSE!!??

Come on people, wake up!!

There is no God or Jesus or anything like that! There never was and there never will be!

There are only men who seek power and total control and invent religions to keep THE OBVIOUSLY STUPID MASSES in check.

/Flame out

We need to go to where IS is and kill every one of them.
Then we need to go to the rest of the world and "end" all other religious freaks' existence as well.

Then maybe, just maybe, one day we can focus (collectively) on getting off this rock and finding other worlds filled with alien babes that we can hook up with and further the spreading of our awesome seed.

Edited all of that.
I'm going to take a break from ATS.
I think I'm just wasting my time these days getting upset with people I don't know's opinions.
edit on 5-3-2015 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
revelation is the revealing. the end of mystery and secrecy. no more guessing as to whether something is true, false or half true. the missing verses/mangled verses of the biblical account and other sacred texts (yes even darwin) will be repaired and the full truth will be revealed. lies will be revealed to be lies. truth will be revealed to be truth. people will no longer be able to lie to you for any reason. secret societies will be completely transparent and their accumulated knowledge will be open for everyone to read. no more picking and choosing who gets to know what, as everyone will know.

there'll be no more "you're too stupid to know the truth" because no one will be stupid, their genetic maladies will be repaired as they receive full body regeneration. apparently, even the animals will enjoy full body regeneration, resulting in the end of survival of the fittest scenarios for every human and every animal. eating animal meat will be a thing of the past. sickness and death will be obsolete.

not such a bad thing, methinks.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
whatever
second
edit on 5-3-2015 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

ETA: they are a small segment of Christianity anyway, not really enough of them to do any damage.

This is the same lazy and apologetic attitude many use to dismiss ISIS. Do you realize that?

Oh pleeeze. When the fundies start chopping people's heads off; we can talk.

Until then, Pfffft.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I wonder how much longer it'll be until some con man comes forward with some robes pretending to be Jesus...

I would imagine that for some fundamentalists, it wouldn't be hard to con them -- seeing as they already want to believe so badly in Christ's return.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
whatever
second

ooo you picked just the right person to talk to. i believe jesus was real and the last pharaoh of egypt, the son of cleopatra. i also believe he was the first pharaoh, but i'm not talking the first pharaoh of narmer's dynasties, but the first pharaoh before the black sea flood, perhaps even before the cataclysm described in Genesis 1, verse 2. that's right, the second verse of the entire bible, is not about the creation of the planet for the first time, but the re-creation of the lifeforms on the planet (lots of cloning going on), following a massive cataclysm in which large portions of the earth were under frozen sheets of water *(see the ice age).

oh boy, you haven't read my stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I wonder how much longer it'll be until some con man comes forward with some robes pretending to be Jesus...

I would imagine that for some fundamentalists, it wouldn't be hard to con them -- seeing as they already want to believe so badly in Christ's return.

it's gonna be rough, as many christians, myself included are kinda wary of any sudden messiahs showing up. you know you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water, but you also don't want to be supporting something evil.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Everyone wants to be a Jesus, but no one evers wants to be a Jesus.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Thanks for posting this.
I'm going to go read through all of your threads as per what you just wrote, it really peaked my interest.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Everyone wants to be a Jesus, but no one evers wants to be a Jesus.

want to rephrase that?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

You have a lot of gall when you call others ignorant when you think your club is the right one and the fact you dismiss so much because your religion has taught you so.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm surprised someone hasn't groomed an orphan child or something from the Holy Land into believing they are the incarnation of Jesus, complete with holographic technology and the likes to really amp up the spectacle.

There was an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where they "cloned" a Klingon religious leader back to life. I wonder if something like that will be attempted with the figure of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

Thanks for posting this.
I'm going to go read through all of your threads as per what you just wrote, it really peaked my interest.

here's an example (long read as it has links to pertinent data from other threads on ats)

ALL ROADS LEAD TO THE MISSING PUZZLE PIECE
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I'm surprised someone hasn't groomed an orphan child or something from the Holy Land into believing they are the incarnation of Jesus, complete with holographic technology and the likes to really amp up the spectacle.

There was an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where they "cloned" a Klingon religious leader back to life. I wonder if something like that will be attempted with the figure of Jesus.

I just watched that episode the other day. i don't think israelis would do that, however. the vatican, maybe, but how are they gonna pull that off in jerusalem? they'd have to be in control of it. can you imagine what a fiasco that would be?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Every one wants to live like Jesus, but no one wants to die like Jesus?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Every one wants to live like Jesus, but no one wants to die like Jesus?

alot of people already have, maybe not in the exact same way, but doesn't make it any less important.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Sadly it will be perhaps a small crowd that will believe somebody claiming to be the messiah, is in human nature to be followers to those that exercises power over others history is full of this type of stories.

I am afraid that atrocities will be committed by those that follow when told to do so, as we know religion is a powerful incentive for chaos, destruction, wars, death and murder beside doing good for the world.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You get what Im saying though, doesn't mean those who tried to live like him, will be remember like him when he died.

Thing is with these Apocalypse Sayers, is that they don't appreciate the green earth to live, and they certainly won't be remembered when they die.

Everyone wants to be more immortalized then pictures.

Besides, where still having the argument about God being real, and destroying civilizations who behaved like animals who considered themselves Gods children.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. John 16:1-3

I'd say that faithful Christians are prone to see the silver lining in events like these. It's an inadvertent response rooted in our desire for His kingdom to come. There are seemingly many things going on now which fall into the "birth pangs" of which Christ warned. If combined with the capture of Jerusalem in 1967 which mirrored Joshua's capture of Jericho in a six days war; there is good standing that we should be looking up, as the bible says, for our redemption draweth nigh.

That said I don't think it's prudent or appropriate to display such enthusiasm. We should face such barbarism in solidarity with our persecuted brethren. We shouldn't rejoice at their martyrdom, we should mourn their (and all) death. As Jesus commanded we should mourn as those who have hope.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You get what Im saying though, doesn't mean those who tried to live like him, will be remember like him when he died.

Thing is with these Apocalypse Sayers, is that they don't appreciate the green earth to live, and they certainly won't be remembered when they die.

Everyone wants to be more immortalized then pictures.

Besides, where still having the argument about God being real, and destroying civilizations who behaved like animals who considered themselves Gods children.

well i'm of the opinion that there's more than one god in the old testament and one of them, ain't a nice guy, and he gets the most face time. this is why he seems to be having a split personality issue, where one moment he's nice and helpful and the next he's blowing a gasket over something that makes no sense or seems like a huge over-reaction (only humans who have problems with their tempers, display such behavior). it would also explain why the old testament is sooo much different than the new, as the new testament is where the actual nice guy from the old testament shows up

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join