It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Stalking Buffalo in Yellowstone Park courtesy National Park Service cam

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

Would you please share with the rest of us just what makes you so sure that this is a hoax?

Pretty much what i was gonna say:

I have no problem with Bigfoot or any cryptozoology thread making the front page, ATS used to be, first & foremost a place to discuss these things - it's all good. What is insane though is that this thread has got so many flags, that the guy commentating on the video makes so many ridiculous calculations and assumptions AND that so many people are still posting thinking it's a good video after it's pretty much been shown that it is some guys walking, not that you need anyone in the thread to tell you that, your own eyes will. But like almost every single UFO, crypto, alien or Illuminati thread, this one is complete BS. Not that we shouldn't keep filming, looking and questioning, but let's not waste our time in garbage.

edit on 2015-02-04T13:10:28-06:00201502bpm2802pm2828 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Fun fact: These are actually American Bison, not buffalo.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
People go out in sub zero temperatures, nothing unusual about that. 4 humanoids without weapons are intending to attack a ton plus bison? They stand out like a sore thumb against the white background, why are the bison not fleeing, is it because they're not threatened by human scent?
I think this is desperate wishful thinking using 2 plus 2 to make 5. Again, with all our tech nobody has managed to get a decent clear unequivocal picture?
Non event.

Yes, people do go out in sub zero temperatures all the time. But most of them aren't hiking in Yellowstone 4 days after Christmas, all wearing the same color.

The only logical explanation (besides bigfoot) would be Yellowstone employees. The only thing that is strange is the height differential of the figures in the background as compared to the buffalo in the foreground. It's the only anomaly that isn't easily explained - unless hoax by Yellowstone employees.
edit on 4-2-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have had my own strange encounter in the woods and do believe if smart enough and far enough away from humanity they could remain undetected for this long. But this area is NOT far removed from humanity with 3 million visitors a year the area around old faithful is heavily trafficked. Even in winter. If you look closely at the footing of the lone bigfoot that appears to stumble(slip?). You can make out what looks like the snow/ice covered raised boardwalk that goes around that whole area right under the bigfoot in question. It's clearly walking a set path.

The raised boardwalk is 1-2 feet off the ground and makes the four figures seem taller, plus giving them the ability to travel a lot faster because they are not actually trudging through the snow. As much as I would like to believe this. I find it highly unlikely the elusive bigfoot would be in that area. I don't think it's a hoax. More like a few rangers checking on the bison heard or hikers.
edit on 4-2-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The part where it appears as though four of them walk between two trees in the background looks sort of off. Doesn't it appear to you that they start off as several but then appear out of behind the tree as one single bigfoot? Maybe this could be how the fourth dimension appears on camera?

I don't know if this could be a faked one or not but the way the bigfoots walk and the odd feeling I get watching it screams of not-so-normal attributes.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
[…] The only logical explanation (besides bigfoot) would be Yellowstone employees... It's the only anomaly that isn't easily explained - unless hoax by Yellowstone employees.

Greetings:

That would explain one aspect of a successful hoax: knowledge of the camera placement.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
If you look closely at the footing of the lone bigfoot that appears to stumble (slip?). You can make out what looks like the snow/ice covered raised boardwalk that goes around that whole area right under the bigfoot in question.

OK, progress. Good point. Can you perhaps show that particular item?

However, we think (always open for discussion) we covered the boardwalk thing here. The boardwalk does not extend to the other side of the river as it ends at the bridge and turns into a footpath.

It's clearly walking a set path.

The raised boardwalk is 1-2 feet off the ground and makes the four figures seem taller, plus giving them the ability to travel a lot faster because they are not actually trudging through the snow. As much as I would like to believe this. I find it highly unlikely the elusive bigfoot would be in that area.

We agree, even though Old Faithful is surely on the "Bigfoot Guide to Jellystone National Park," and the timing fits.

I don't think it's a hoax. More like a few rangers checking on the bison heard or hikers.

We think that is a plausible explanation, which might explain the same dark-appearing fur, errrr…clothing.

Now about the height question, the rapid movement from one place to the other and 'four went behind the tree and only one exited' . . . ambling awkwardly. . . ?

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

What does it matter what does and doesn't get on the front page here? Its a message board forum and things get discussed, some topics more than others. If something doesn't suit your beliefs and whatnot, ignore the post and move on.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pants3204
Fun fact: These are actually American Bison, not buffalo.

Greetings:

Excellent!

Let's start a LIST of FACTS that are relevant to this event so that this 'incident' can be 'proven' one way or the other or the other or the other…bewildering, isn't it?

#1. These are actually American Bison, not buffalo.

Can everyone agree on that?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here's the Parabreakdown. Makes some good points.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant
I dont think there poachers. But there walking pattern is pretty bizarre, even when first sighted when way above the treas at the upper edge of the video you can make them out, and there still walking basically foot by foot in sync. From shortest to tallest.

If it was that cold that day, it still could be some hikers or who knows. It would make sense, but the place would still be snowed over making it difficult to walk through, even if there was a path or ramp all around it to would be snowed over. If they were poachers they would have carried rifles, I dont see anything which may be a rifle. That and the way there going is way to neat for poachers.

But if there trying to cover there tracks while hunting it makes sense the way there walking. Basically you put the smallest guy in the lead, then the next smallest guy behind, so on till the bigest guy is at the end. Its a energy saver, the first guy would walk first, the second guy steps in his footprint, and so on till the bigger guy overlaps all there footprints by steping in the guy in front.

If you put the bigger guy in front then all the others would have to literally watch all the time for his footprint and step exactly in it so as to not break it or leave any notice that there was more then 1 person there. That way the smallest to biggest all you have to do is step relatively in line and into the other guys steps imprinting it a bit bigger each time, less effort necessary. If anybody finds the footprints it would look like there was only one person or Bigfoot there and not 5 of them. Its tedious but it makes sense on a hunt.

Another thing is, if there poachers, there is no way in hell there going to be crying a bison which can weigh up to 2,000 pounds. They would need to bring a sled behind them and set it on. But really poachers would bring some snowmobiles and just run in there shoot and take off dragging the carcass on a sled attached to there snowmobile, lets just say there not draging it back in the cold and snow for miles, even if they wanted to.

If its actually bigfoots on a hunt. Well the funny walking makes sense sort of as they got to step in each others footprints. But still i would like to see any of them try to carry a 2,000 pound bison back without making any tracks in the snow, it would also sort of make sense why the smallest one goes on by himself, to heard and spook the buffalo back into the trees were the others are waiting. But you know, just saying if they were bigfoots or such a thing existed. That would be the likeliest thing to do when hunting.

Though I would like to see how they take down a bison with there hands only, or with whatever crude weapons they have. I dont think they would get lucky and have one charge at them. All you need to do then is just a bit of the matador and stab it in the head or side as it comes at you and then everybody swarms in and overpowers it to the ground.

To bad the camera paned out before we got a closer look at what was going on. It does look like its some hikers, or people on snow shoes hiking through the area. But I guess we will never know. Once again Bigfoot slips by video. Or whatever.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Ta-tonka?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Ta-tonka?

Baffaloed

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

This might really be something.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

It's certainly not nothing. So, you are correct.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Lol... my opinion is: Definitely Fake! As soon as I saw the images in question, my questions were answered.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looks like a group of a few people walking into the area. I would say that the first person that appears from behind the trees looks as if it has his hands in the pockets of his coat. The last person in the line appears to have a light colored jacket on.

I don't think it was a HOAX, but just think it is someone misinterpreting what they are seeing on the camera.

I agree...I've watched many a bigfoot video and these are the skinniest I've ever seen...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Whatever that thing is, doesn't even walk like a Squatch in the way that we have learned and been told that they walk.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
looks fake as sh!t to me, the way they walk the same, like a on a loop and enlarged on the last.
The only question for me is why someone would put the time in to do this, full d!ck head alert. just my personal opinion/

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I love when people talk about what a BF does and does not do. As if there is ANY frame of reference whatsoever. It took researchers years of close observation in the wild to figure out the habits of the larger apes. But here in America, without benefit of even a single photograph, people can tell you all about how they walk, where they live, what they eat, how they talk to one another, even what sort of shelter they build for themselves. Genuinely astounding.

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join