It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try Some Jesus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Please don't mock people by purposely misusing his intention of a words definition.

He obviously just meant you are supposed to say Jesus at the end of every sentence.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I could never understand why Christians want to eat the body and drink the blood of a man. Sure you can point out that it is a symbolic gesture, but it still looks like cannibalism to me. Symbolic cannibalism.
I agree the whole ritual of communion has always seemed very strange to me. I've never know a religious text that advocates the actual consumption of their savior. Very much baffles the mind, even if only symbolic.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

i know its where the name joshua came from as well yashua messiah lol

That doesnt even make sense, in Aramaic it should be Eaashoa Msheekhah. Messiah is English. In Hebrew it would be yashua mashiach

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Remember a rose called by any other name still smells as sweet

Unless you study and realize that JHVH (not yhwh) also went under the name of Baal....ah you have much to learn.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I could never understand why Christians want to eat the body and drink the blood of a man. Sure you can point out that it is a symbolic gesture, but it still looks like cannibalism to me. Symbolic cannibalism.
I agree the whole ritual of communion has always seemed very strange to me. I've never know a religious text that advocates the actual consumption of their savior. Very much baffles the mind, even if only symbolic.

LOL

When I first saw the OP's thread title "Try Some Jesus", the first thing I thought of was the phrase "Jesus Christ on a Cracker!'. And then I thought of a server offering a Communion tray of "Jesus Crackers" and "Jesus Juice", saying "Try some?"

edit on 30-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Try Some Baal!

WWBD!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Please don't mock people by purposely misusing his intention of a words definition.

they said this

If you have not incorporated the name of Jesus into every aspect of your Christian life, now is the time

So what, should Christians say "hey Bob my car broke down yesterday Jesus" or "I'm gonna fry some jesus and eggs"
Furthermore I dont have a Christian life so its redundant.

By the way words are important. Spelling mistakes aside, if you cant structure a sentence to convey what you mean, then sorry I cant sit here and second guess your intentions.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I was being facetious & in no way actually condemning what you said to him (hence the part of my post you didn't quote, lol)

link   

I was being facetious & in no way actually condemning what you said to him (hence the part of my post you didn't quote, lol)

link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

LOL

When I first saw the OP's thread title "Try Some Jesus", the first thing I thought of was the phrase "Jesus Christ on a Cracker!'. And then I thought of a server offering a Communion tray of "Jesus Crackers" and "Jesus Juice", saying "Try some?"

I wonder how much a box Jesits costs. Or would they be called Christ Chex? Now in bold ranch flavor!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

you are supposed to say Jesus at the end of every sentence.

Is this better?

"Tomorrow its Sunday try some Jesus."

"Its raining outside try some Jesus"

Seriously do you think thats what the Essenes went around doing?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

oops sorry! Sometimes I wish that its required that people use "/sarcasm". Ignore my jibes above...and again sorry and thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: cArLoSCuBsTaR

thats how i look at the name thing semantics i guess i know his name was yoshua and all that stuff
and gods name is yhwh or jahovea or i am ect.. ect... but i look at it as semantics too
Remember a rose called by any other name still smells as sweet

Roses smell horrible and I was being sarcastic. It's not semantics. Call him by his proper name or you ain't getting in the club dude. Pretty sure he's gonna be peeved at you. You don't want him telling his dad... He's very particular

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

oops sorry! Sometimes I wish that its required that people use "/sarcasm". Ignore my jibes above...and again sorry and thanks

Haha don't worry my friend, all I know is ironic sarcasm, I'm quite used to being misinterpreted (ESPECIALLY on ATS lol)
It's funny, I almost said something about how I should have added /sarc but typing that always seems to kill the humor imo

By the way, I didn't mean incorporating jesus into every aspect of life meant to say "Try some Jesus" after every sentence, just "Jesus"

It's raining outside, jesus

Let's go see that movie, jesus

Jesus Christ, it's freezing.

Etc. Etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

in all honesty i could care less what people think or beleave its just fun to see people get all fired up love ya all
and god be with ya

Man you must be one confused person.

You don't care, Its fun to see people angered and you love everyone, God be with us?

Either really confused or another troll looking for reactions on a faceless website, does that excite you?

oh i thought lady was a good word how can man or gentleman be ok but lady isnt hmmmm

the way you replied speaks volumes unless you have issues with language and expressing yourself.

You took what was said to you as insulting here I will quote

They probably are reacting to the arrogance and condescension of the one saying those words.

It wasn't directed at you but a way to see for those that can read between the lines how you would if you would reply.

this was your reply

thanks for proving my point it took two minutes for someone to come on here and call me a name sorry jesus makes you so mad lady

No you proved the point that the now banned poster was saying.

They didn't call you a name but made a general comment and you called an anonymous person "lady".

Like I said arrogance thinking it directing you and condescending at least in the tone of the way you put it by the way you finished your reply to the poster.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: SkippyBalls

oh and im 35 i dont know if i can still call my self a boy but if so awsome im not as old as i thought i was
and the only drug i never got to do was looods or ludes lol becuase they aint around any more i got couple tattoos lol all that jazz and beleave me its hardly pooof and its all better it takes time like all things

What an immature 35 year old you must be.

im really just practicing my manipulation skills

Great, practicing trolling in other words.

no she just said people that talk about jesus are arrogant and condesending all my point is that jesus gets people all fired up beleivers an non both and heck i thought i acted like a gentleman and said sorry your not calling me arrogant and condesending
but rather most people who spak of jesus geeez generalize people much

Quite a lack of comprehension from your part but hey too many drugs do strange things to some.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Many people don't want Jesus. They don't want to pick up their cross and follow him.

They don't want to turn the other cheek and bless those who curse them. They don't want to do good to those that hate them. They don't want to pray for those that persecute them.

They want mercy and love but live wrath and angry.

Jesus said blessed are the merciful for they shall be shown mercy. Give and it is given.

They are so scared of the Cross that even many who say they believe in Jesus do not want to follow these teachings and bear their cross but instead says that Jesus's Cross is good enough now no one needs to pick up their Cross to follow him.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You've just described a lot of Christians.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I agree.

It's sad that so many people don't really know the guy and miss out on the True Message.

I blame bad marketing on the part of some PR Agents using his name and likeness to sell a bogus product.

Keep it simple and keep it lighthearted.

After all, not everything about the guy is a matter of Eternal Life or Death.

edit on 2/1/15 by GENERAL EYES because: fixed video embed

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

And here I genuinely thought he was talking about Christians.

I think I was thrown off with the talk of people "not wanting Jesus". For me to want or not want something I would first need to believe that thing was real. You can understand why I misinterpreted who that was referring to.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join